| Additional Resources Accessories |
The Kinesis Lift Kit provides tenting options of 5°, 10° or 15° for the Freestyle Edge Mechanical Keyboards. Attaching the palm supports that are included with the Freestyle Edge keyboards and installing this Lift Kit accessory greatly enhances the ergonomics of the Freestyle Edge Keyboards. Tenting the keyboard halves outward reduces pronation of the forearm and wrists, resulting in improved ergonomics while typing, and because the palm supports and keyboard move in tandem as the keyboard is adjusted to the desired tenting angle, wrist extension is also addressed. Combined, these two factors are highly effective at reducing the risk of fatigue, stiffness and pain in the wrists, forearms and elbows. If desired the V-Lifters can be removed independently, without removing the Palm Supports.
If there is a desire to tent the keyboard halves but without palm supports attached the Freestyle V3 Pro Accessory Kit is available to tent just the keyboard (without attached palm supports) to the same 5°, 10° or 15° angles.
- The Lift Kit tilts the keyboard halves outward. This rotates the forearm away from the "prone" position necessary when using a keyboard that sits flat to the desk surface. Learn More About Pronation.
Eliminates Wrist Extension
- Because the palm supports are attached to the keyboard and are elevated simultaneously by the Lift Kit, the wrists are prevented from dropping into a position of extension which can lead to injury. Learn More About Wrist Extension.
- Palm Supports Always Match Keyboard Height and Angle: Because the lift kit elevates the palm supports simultaneously with the keyboard they are always positioned for optimum support, regardless of the keyboard angle.
- Multi-Angle Tenting: The V-Lifter modules can be adjusted to 5°, 10°, and 15° angles. Because they attach to the keyboard modules independently it is possible to have the keyboard halves set at different angles.
- Bounce-free Design: The Lift Kit offers a high degree of stability - even when typing at 15° of elevation.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Lift Kit for Freestyle Edge
Lift Kit Can Achieve 3 Tenting Angles
- Maximum Keyboard Height with Lift Kit at 15°: 3.125" (7.9 cm)
- Maximum Keyboard Height with Lift Kit at 10°: 2.5" (6.4 cm)
- Maximum Keyboard Height with Lift Kit at 5°: 1.875" (4.8 cm)
- Warranty: 2 Years Limited Warranty View Details
- Package Contents: 1 Lift Kit consisting of Right and Left V-Lifters.
- The Palm Supports included with the Freestyle Edge Keyboards must be attached to the keyboard prior to installation of the Lift Kit Accessory "V-Lifters".
- When attaching the V-Lifters be sure to match them to the appropriate keyboard modules. For ease of assembly the keyboard modules are marked and the V-Lifters are labelled accordingly.
- Experiment with the different angles to determine what position is most comfortable. It is probably best to start at the 5° position while adapting to this new keyboard orientation, and then move on to the 10 and 15° angles.
- Because the two modules are totally independent you are free to use different angles on each side. It also lets you easily adjust the splay (angle at which the two keyboard halves are aligned to each other) and separation of the keyboard to optimize "your" comfort. You will no longer have to force your body to conform to a fixed position that in non-ergonomic or that does not accommodate your body type or size.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|AC910|| Lift Kit Accessory for Freestyle Edge Keyboards. Black.|