| Ergonomic Benefits Additional Resources Usage Tips |
The Maxim adjustable keyboard offers a more flexible, more comfortable design than regular keyboards. Accommodating a wide range of user preferences, it is simply the best adjustable keyboard at any price! Compatible with virtually any PC system.Click here for the results of a keyforce comparison study conducted by Keytronic's Reliability Laboratory.
Ideal for situations where a cost-effective ergonomic solution is required with a minimal adaptation period. It is especially effective for a multi-user environment as this keyboard can be adjusted to be a conventional or 'natural' style keyboard with or without a palm support. If you have a fixed split ('natural' or 'wave') style keyboard and want to reduce the reach for the mouse, this is the ideal solution. If you are looking for a left handed version of a fixed split keyboard, add on the Kinesis Low Force Tactile Numeric Keypad (AC210USB - see later on this page).
- Variable split: Much more flexible than the 'natural' style keyboards; no adaptation required. Select any opening between 0° and 30°, a wider range than any fixed-split keyboards.
- Adjustable lateral tilt: Select between 0°, 8°, or 14°... And easy to adjust! This allows users to minimize forearm muscle tension without the pitfalls of excessive tilt.
- Compact design: Narrower than 'natural' style keyboards while maintaining full-size key spacing, minimizing adaptation time. In addition, the reduced footprint means your mouse is closer than with conventional keyboards.
- Instant, reproducible setup: Of both split and tenting features.
- Removable palm supports: Comfortably padded to take the weight off your shoulders, relieving neck and shoulder pain.
- Quiet, tactile, light touch switches: Keyswitches provide a soft touch, reducing strain on your fingers while providing positive feedback. Full n-key rollover supports maximum typing speed and multi-key combinations.
- Flexibility in configuration: User 1 needs a conventional keyboard without a palm support, no problem. User 2 wants a 'natural' style left handed keyboard, add the AC210USB numeric keypad, put it on the left, tent the keyboard to 8° and adjust the splay, and you have a left handed 'natural' style keyboard. User 3 wants to tent it higher and remove the palm supports... all options are available with the Maxim.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Maxim Adjustable Keyboard - splayed and tented
Maxim Adjustable Keyboard - compact with palm supports detached
Maxim Adjustable Keyboard - Kinesis numpad accessory
- Width: 15.1" (38.4 cm) with 0
opening angle selected.
Maximum width is 19.0"
(48.3 cm) when fully
- Height: 1" (2.5 cm) with 0 lateral
tilt selected. Maximum
required clearance is 3.5"
(8.9 cm) if fully elevated.
- Depth (front-to-back): 6.5" (16.5 cm) with palm
supports removed. Depth is
10.3" (26.2 cm) with palm
- Key Travel Distance: 3.66 mm
- Keyforce: Peak - 45 grams, Activation - 36 grams
- Keyswitch type: Conductive Rubber (similar in feel to a tactile membrane, has no 'stem' and uses keycap itself to actuate the keystroke)
- Warranty: 2 years
- Keyswitch rating: 10 million actuations
- Included in the box:
- User's Manual
- Self-adhesive Silver Palm Pads (one Pair)
- USB to PS/2 adapter
- Interface: USB (USB to PS/2 adapter
- Compatibility: All versions of Windows including Windows 8 (32 & 64) and Windows 10
- Weight: 2.75 lbs (1,247 grams)
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|KB210USB|| English legends, no embedded
|AC205PP|| Maxim Palm Pad Accessory Kit, One Pair, Silver|
|AC200PS|| Palm Support Accessory Kit, One Pair, Left and Right|
|AC200PSL|| Replacement Palm Support for Kinesis Maxim Keyboard, Left Side|
|AC200PSR|| Kinesis Replacment Palm Support for Kinesis Maxim Keyboard, right side|
|AC210USB-BLK|| Mechanical Keypad for PC, Black, for PC|
|AC800HPB-US|| Freestyle2 Keypad for PC and Mac, USB, Black|