Page last updated: Fri, 19-Jul-2019 14:31:37
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Left-Handed Bundle of Freestyle2 and Keypadby Kinesis Corporation
| Additional Resources Usage Tips |
The Freestyle2 keyboard is the most versatile keyboard on the market.
It's a breakthrough in ergonomic design!
The Freestyle2 keyboard is available in three combinations:
- Precise separation and splay adjustment adapts to your individual ergonomic needs.
- The keyboard halves can be tented to reduce discomfort caused by pronation (VIP3 accessory kit required).
- The key layout incorporates unique features for performance and comfort, with almost no adaptation time.
- Adds a stylish accent to your workstation with a modern contemporary look.
The Freestyle2 keyboard is available in three configurations:
- The Freestyle2 keyboard includes the basic keyboard, split into two halves that can be splayed and separated if desired.
- The Freestyle VIP3 keyboard adds the VIP3 accessory kit to the Freestyle2. The VIP3 accessory adds palm supports to both keyboard halves and allows the inside edge of each half to be tented upwards at an angle of 5°, 10° or 15°.
- The Freestyle Ascent accessory kit provides two multi-angle tenting modules which attach to the underside of the keying modules, plus a linking plate which may be used to connect the two keying modules if desired.
- The Freestyle V3 keyboard adds the V3 accessory kit to the Freestyle2. The V3 accessory cannot be used with palm supports at the same time and allows the inside edge of each half of the keyboard to be tented upwards at an angle of 5°, 10° or 15°.
- The Freestyle2 with a 9" cable between the keyboard halves provides enough separation for most body types and workstation configurations.
- The 20" cable provides separation sufficient for any workstation configuration.
- The French Canadian key layout (original Freestyle Solo) provides easy to access custom labeled keys with French characters and accent symbols.
- Up to 8" of complete separation of both left and right keyboard modules. Perfect for individuals requiring greater separation than that provided by other ergonomic keyboards.
- The two keyboard halves can be connected together by attaching the included flexible pivot tether, allowing an infinite range of splay. Simple slide release buttons allow the attachment or removal of both the pivot tether.
- With the new Ascent accessory, tenting is 20° to 90° at 10° intervals. With the VIP accessory, tenting angles of 10° and 15° can be achieved. With the V3 accessory, 5°, 10° and 15° can be achieved.
- Most keyboards, even ergonomic models, have a 10° positive slope from the back edge to the front edge. These designs tend to bend your wrists and can cause discomfort. The Freestyle Solo has a sleek, low profile design with 0° slope that minimizes the height, effectively creating a negative slope and reducing wrist extension.
- At only 15.375" wide, the Freestyle Solo provides for close placement of any pointing device, keeping you in your comfort zone and reducing any discomfort that may be caused by overreaching.
- Narrow Foot Print for Comfortable Mousing and Keying: At only 15.375" wide the Freestyle Solo provides for close placement of any pointing device reducing over reach issues.
- Accommodates a Wide Range of Humans: From small to tall and body types in between, the Freestyle Solo allows for maximum flexibility catering to each individual's unique needs.
- Sleek, low profile design: Most keyboards including ergonomic models have a 10° positive slope from front to back. These designs tend to bend your wrists. The Freestyle Solo has a 0° slope which minimizes the height, effectively creating negative slope and reducing wrist extension.
- Adjustable/Separated Keyboard: The Freestyle Solo is a separated keyboard joined by an 8" (or 20") cable, allowing you to separate the two halves of the keyboard up to 8" (or 20"). The separated halves can also be joined together with a pivot tether, allowing the keyboard to be splayed at the joint.
- VIP Accessory: You can add the optional VIP accessory to the Freestyle Solo to create tenting of the keyboard halves by 10° or 15°. The VIP accessory also includes detachable wrist supports with replaceable palm pads. Although the palm supports can be used alone without the VIP's tenting mechanism, they must be attached when using the VIP's tenting mechanism.
- Ascent Accessory: You can add the optional Ascent accessory to the Freestyle Solo to create tenting of the keyboard halves by 20° to 90° (in 10° increments). The Ascent accessory can also be used with the optional palm supports, particularly at angles 20°, 30° and 40°.
- V3 Accessory: You can add the optional V3 accessory to the Freestyle Solo to create tenting of the keyboard halves by 5°, 10° or 15°. The V3 accessory cannot be used with the palm supports.
- Palm Supports: Palm supports come as part of the VIP and Incline accessories or can be added as an accessory by themselves. They cannot, however, be used when using the V3 accessory. Therefore, if you want both palm supports and tenting, get the VIP accessory; if you want just tenting and no palm supports, get the V3 accessory; if you want just the palm supports, get the palm supports only. You also have the option of adding palm pads to your palm supports for extra comfort.
- Hot Keys: Driverless hot keys are provided for commonly used mouse actions: Forward, Back, Search, Home, Cut, Copy and Paste.
- Double-wide Keys: The keyboard employs double-wide Delete and Escape keys, providing an easier target for your fingers to press.
- Pivot Tether™: Both modules can be connected together by attaching the included the flexible pivot tether allowing an infinite range of splay.
- Slide Release Button: Each keyboard module incorporates a slide release button that allows the attachment of both the pivot tether and the Incline Accessory.
- Familiar Key Layout: Familiar key layout provides for minimal adaptation time.
- Quiet, Tactile Key Switches: The Freestyle Solo utilizes a quiet, low-force, tactile membrane key switch. Rated at 10 million actuations the Solo will provide years of comfortable typing.
- Embedded Numeric Keypad: The compact design of the Freestyle Solo eliminates the traditional numeric keypad on the right-hand side of the keyboard. In its place, the right half of the keyboard contains an embedded numeric keypad, giving you full access to a numeric keypad when needed (Here are instructions on how to activate the embedded numeric keypad). Simply press the "Fn" key to toggle between the embedded 10-key and the alphanumeric keys. If preferred, an optional low-force keypad for intensive number crunchers is available.
- English or French Canadian Layout: The layout of the Freestyle Solo comes in either US English ( KB700PB-US ) or French Canadian ( KB700PB-FC ). If you don't know how to access the French Canadian characters in the French Canadian layout, click here to find out.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Freestyle2 - with Matching Freestyle2 Numeric Keypad for PC
Freestyle2 - with Low Force Tactile Numeric Keypad
Freestyle2 - Compact configuration
Freestyle2 - Splayed configuration
Freestyle2 - With 20" separation cable
Freestyle2 with VIP3 accessory
Freestyle2 with V3 accessory
Freestyle2 with Ascent accessory
Freestyle2 with Palmrest accessory
Freestyle Palm Rest accessory
Freestyle2 side profile
Side profile comparison between Freestyle2 and original Freestyle Solo
Freestyle2 Key Layout
- Width (including Numeric Keypad): 19.13"
- Depth (front-to-back): 7.25" (18.4 cm)
(10.0" [25.4 cm] with
- Height: 0.875" (2.2 cm)
- Weight: 2 lbs 3 oz (992 grams)
- Keyswitch type: High quality quiet tactile
- Keyswitch Rating: 10 million actuations
- Number of keys: 94
- Key Pitch: 0.75" (1.9 cm)
- Cable length: 8" or 20"
(15.2 cm or 50.8 cm)
- Interface: USB only
- Warranty: 2 years
- Maximum height using:
|VIP at 15°:
||3.07" (7.8 cm)
|VIP at 10°:
||2.5" (6.4 cm)
||2.875" (7.3 cm)
- Key activation force: 45 grams
- Legends: Pad Printed with a clear UV coating
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|KB800PB-US-AC800HPB-US|| US English layout (Freestyle2), standard 9" separation, Freestyle2 Keypad for PC, black|
|KB800PB-FC-AC800HPB-US|| French Canadian layout (Freestyle2), standard 9" separation, Freestyle2 Keypad for PC, black|
|KB800PB-US-AC210-USB|| US English layout (Freestyle2), standard 9" separation, Low force numeric keypad, black|
|KB800PB-FC-AC210-USB|| French Canadian bilingual layout, standard 9" separation, Low force numeric keypad, black|
|AC730-BLK|| Freestyle2 V3 Accessory Kit, Black|
|AC740-BLK|| Ascent Accessory Kit with Linking Plate|
|AC806PS-BLK|| Freestyle2 Palm Support Accessory Kit, One Pair, Black|
|AC700PP-BLK|| Freestyle2 Palm Pads Accessory Kit, One Pair, Black|
|AC703PT-BLK|| Replacement pivot tether for Freestyle Solo, black|
|AC820-BLK|| Freestyle2 VIP3 Accessory Kit, Black|
|AC800HPB-US|| Freestyle2 Keypad for PC, USB, Black|
|AC210USB-BLK|| Low Force Tactile Numeric Keypad, Black, for PC|
|AC803PT-BLK|| Replacement pivot tether for Freestyle2, black|
|AC806PS-BLK|| Freestyle2 Palm Support Accessory Kit, One Pair, Black|