| Additional Resources Accessories |
The Mechanical Keypad for PC is a durable high-performance accessory for anyone needing to perform high-intensity 10-key or arithmetic input in an efficient and ergonomic manner. This keypad is an excellent modular addition to any workstation where a standalone keypad is required or preferred. It can be placed on the right or left side of the keyboard, or between the two halves of a split keyboard and can easily be moved out of the way when not in use, freeing up space in the comfort zone for other devices.
The audible low-force, full-travel, tactile mechanical keyswitches on this keypad provide several indications to help reduce "bottoming out", helping to prevent the jarring sensation that may lead to fatigue and pain in the fingers. The keyswitches are rated at 50 million keystrokes, ensuring a crisp tactile feel that remains consistent even when used intensively over extended periods of time. The layout also includes keys for Esc, Tab and Backspace, and an "=" key to better facilitate rapid data entry.
The Mechanical Keypad for PC connects via USB and includes a convenient two-port USB 2.0 hub to allow the connection of other low-power devices without having to access the ports on the computer.
There is also a Mac-compatible model that has a more limited range of functions available.
Those who may not appreciate the audible activation click of the mechanical keyswitches may wish to consider the Freestyle2 Keypad for PC and Mac.
Reduces Impact on the Finger Joints
- The higher travel distance on mechanical keyswitches (such as those on the Kinesis Mechanical Keypad for PC) allows a keystroke to be actuated (i.e. to appear onscreen) before the key strikes the bottom of the device. Mechanical keyswitches also provide tactile feedback as soon as a key has been pressed hard enough to actuate the keystroke. These two features—the higher travel distance, and the tactile feedback—work together like a shock absorber, reducing the jarring impact on the finger joints. Those using this type of key over time gradually adopt a much lighter touch on the keys as they discover they no longer have to hit the bottom of the device with every keystroke. (Note: The keyswitches on the Mechanical Keypad for PC are the same high quality as those used on the Kinesis Advantage
- Four commonly used keys are built into the layout of this keypad to reduce the need of having to reach back to the keyboard during 10-key input. On the PC-compatible model, these are the Esc, Tab, Backspace and "=" keys. On the Mac-compatible model, they are the Esc, Tab, Delete and Fn keys.
Optimizes the Workstation
- As a standalone device, the Kinesis Mechanical Keypad for PC is equally suited for both left- and right-handed use, as well as for anyone who wishes to balance the load by switching hands. The device can be positioned wherever it best suits individual ergonomic needs and work habits. When it is not in use, it can be moved out of the way to free up space in the comfort zone for a mouse or other frequently used device.
- Compact Design: The Kinesis Mechanical Keypad for PC is easily portable and offers an ergonomic alternative to the number row on a laptop keyboard.
- Cherry MX Brown Stem Keyswitches: These high quality mechanical keyswitches are rated at 50 million keystrokes, allowing this keypad to be used as intensively as an adding machine.
- Integrated Two-Port USB 2.0 Hub: Two USB 2.0 ports are included, one on each side of the numeric keypad for connection of other low-power devices.
- Lasered Key Legends: The key legends are laser etched for maximum durability.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Mechanical Keypad for PC
Mechanical Keypad for PC - PC Legending
Mechanical Keypad for PC - In Use
Mechanical Keypad for PC - Locates Anywhere
Mechanical Keypad for PC - Versatile
Mechanical Keypad for PC - Dual USB Hub
Mechanical Keypad for Mac
- Width: 3.75" (9.5 cm)
- Depth (front to back): 6" (15.2 cm)
- Height: 1.25" (3.2 cm)
- Weight: 0.62 lbs (281 grams)
- Cable Length: 6.0' (1.83 m)
- Keyswitch Type: Mechanical (Cherry MX Brown Stem Tactile Keyswitches)
- Actuation Force: 45 grams (1.59 oz)
- Peak Force: Tactile - 55 grams (1.94 oz) or Linear - 45 grams (1.59 oz). For a comparison of the above two mechanical keyswitch types, see our Comparison Table.
- Pre-travel: 2 mm
- Total Travel: 4 mm
- Keyswitch Rating: 50 million actuations
- Number of Keys: 21 (PC Model); 23 (Mac Model)
- Interface: USB
- Compatibility: PC model: All versions of Windows including Windows 8 (32 & 64) and Windows 10.
Mac Model: Mac OSx
- Warranty: 2 years
- Package Contents: Mechanical Keypad for PC/ Mechanical Keypad for Mac, User Guide
- Position the keypad as close to the keyboard as possible, whether you use it on the left or the right side. This will reduce the amount of outward rotation of the shoulder that will be required and will keep the keypad with the Comfort Zone Learn More About the Comfort Zone.
- If using the keypad on the same side as your mouse make a point of setting it out of the way when possible and bringing the mouse in as close as possible, also to keep the mouse in the Comfort Zone whenever possible.
- Try to keep the keypad at the same height as the keyboard and mouse. It is not advisable to place it up and on the desk when using a keyboard tray as this requires continuous reaching and stretching. Modifying the workspace to make room for all devices on a single level should be a primary consideration in this scenario.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|AC210USB-BLK|| Mechanical Keypad for PC, Black, for PC|
|AC210MUSB-WHT|| Low Force Tactile Numeric Keypad, White, for Mac|