| Additional Resources Usage Tips Accessories |
The Mechanical Keypad for PC is a powerful accessory for number crunchers who need to perform arithmetic or other intensive 10-key input in an efficient and ergonomic manner. This keypad is an excellent modular addition to any workstation where a standalone keypad is required or preferred. The keypad can be placed on the right or left side of the keyboard, or between the two sides of a split keyboard. It can be moved easily out of the way when not in use, freeing up space in the comfort zone for other devices.
The low-force, full-travel, mechanical keyswitches on this keypad resist bottoming out, helping to prevent the jarring sensation that may lead to fatigue and pain in the fingers. The keyswitches are rated at 50 million keystrokes, ensuring a crisp tactile feel which will not degrade even when used intensively over extended periods of time. The layout includes an Esc key, a Tab key, a Backspace key, and an "=" key.
The Mechanical Keypad for PC connects independently to the computer, and features a two-port USB 2.0 hub to allow users to connect other input devices without having to access the ports on the computer.
The black unit is compatible with PCs; the white unit is compatible with Macs.
Optimizes the Workstation for Any User
- As a standalone device, the Kinesis Mechanical Keypad for PC is equally suited to left- and right-handed users, as well as to anyone who wants to balance the load by switching hands. The device can be positioned wherever it best suits each user's ergonomic needs and work habits. When it is not in use, it can be moved out of the way to free up space in the comfort zone for a mouse or other frequently used device.
Reduces Impact on the Finger Joints
- The higher travel distance on mechanical keyswitches (such as those on the Kinesis Mechanical Keypad for PC) allows a keystroke to be actuated (i.e. to appear onscreen) before the key strikes the bottom of the device. Mechanical keyswitches also provide tactile feedback to the user as soon as a key has been pressed hard enough to actuate the keystroke. These two features--the higher travel distance, and the tactile feedback--work together like a shock absorber, reducing the jarring impact on the finger joints. New users gradually adopt a much lighter touch on the keys as they discover they no longer have to hit the bottom of the device with every keystroke. (Note: The keyswitches on the Low Force Tactile Numeric Keypad are the same high quality as those used on the Kinesis Advantage
- Four commonly used keys are built into the layout of this keypad to help users avoid having to reach back to the keyboard during 10-key input. On the PC-compatible model, these are the Esc, Tab, Backspace and "=" keys. On the Mac-compatible model, they are the Esc, Tab, Delete and Fn keys.
- Cherry MX Brown Stem Keyswitches: These high quality mechanical keyswitches are rated at 50 million keystrokes, allowing this keypad to be used as intensively as an adding machine.
- Integrated Two-Port USB 2.0 Hub: Two USB 2.0 ports are conveniently located on each side of the numeric keypad.
- Lasered Key Legends: The key legends are laser etched for maximum durability.
- Compact Design: The Kinesis Mechanical Keypad for PC is easily portable and offers an ergonomic alternative to the number row on a laptop keyboard.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Mechanical Keypad for PC
Mechanical Keypad for PC - PC Legending
Mechanical Keypad for PC - In Use
Mechanical Keypad for PC - Locates Anywhere
Mechanical Keypad for PC - Versatile
Low Force Tactile Numeric Keypad for Mac
Mechanical Keypad for PC - Dual USB Hub
- Width: 3.75" (9.5 cm)
- Depth (front to back): 6" (15.2 cm)
- Height: 1.25" (3.2 cm)
- Weight: 0.62 lbs (281 grams)
- Cable Length: 6.0' (1.83 m)
- Keyswitch Type: Mechanical (Cherry MX Brown Stem Tactile Keyswitches)
- Actuation Force: 45 grams (1.59 oz)
- Peak Force: Tactile - 55 grams (1.94 oz) or Linear - 45 grams (1.59 oz). For a comparison of the above two mechanical keyswitch types, see our Comparison Table.
- Pre-travel: 2 mm
- Total Travel: 4 mm
- Keyswitch Rating: 50 million actuations
- Number of Keys: 21 (PC Model); 23 (Mac Model)
- Interface: USB
- Compatibility: All versions of Windows including Windows 8 (32 & 64) and Windows 10.
- Warranty: 2 years
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|AC210USB-BLK|| Mechanical Keypad for PC, Black, for PC|
|AC210MUSB-WHT|| Low Force Tactile Numeric Keypad, White, for Mac|