| Additional Resources Accessories |
The EVERY 157E Series High Back Task Chair from Interstuhl is designed for comfort and support, especially for those who require a higher back rest or are looking for a firm and supportive chair. The standard synchronous movement features a large opening angle (up to 120°) that can be left unrestrained when freedom of movement is desired. For times when a more fixed position is required, the back rest is easily locked at the 90° or 120° points.
The back rest and seat on the EVERY 157E are fully upholstered with breathable fabric over firm but comfortable cushioning so those who prefer a firmer or more supportive back rest will not be disappointed. The 24.5" high back rest frame has a built-in lumbar curve which can be fine-tuned or enhanced using the height-adjustable, sliding lumbar support. The firmness or degree of the lumbar support can also be adjusted using a knob on the rear of the back rest. The seat pan has 2" of depth adjustment (16.5" to 18.5") so each person can adjust it for their build and the absence of glue between the fabric and the foam ensures optimal airflow in both the back rest and seat.
Arm support is provided by highly-adjustable 4D T-armrests that can move in four separate directions: up and down, left and right, forward and backward and swivel (15° in or out). Most individuals, regardless of size or build, should be able to achieve the support necessary to minimize strain on their shoulders and neck.
Rounding out the EVERY 157E are soft double casters for use on hard-surface flooring and a premium Polished Aluminum base.
Can Help to Improve Overall Health
- The conventional seated position (i.e. 90º bend) restricts both blood and fluid flows through the internal organs. The EVERY 157E facilitates opening that bend up to 120°. Regular employment of this feature can benefit the internal operations of the body by reducing potential restrictions in the digestive tract and permitting the diaphragm to move more freely which in turn can significantly increase cardiovascular activity.
Can Reduce Neck and Shoulder Issues
- The EVERY 157E features 4-D armrests with adjustments in width, depth, height, and angle. These adjustments enable each person to position the armrests to offer support where it will provide the greatest benefit, while they remain easily adjustable should changes in tasks warrant. Adjusting the armrests as needed ensures that the shoulder joints are not overloaded and that the muscles of the shoulders and neck are not overstrained. A side benefit of this can be a reduction to the risk of development of muscle tension which can lead to performance-reducing or potentially debilitating headaches.
Can Increase Mental Alertness
- The movement facilitated by the EVERY 157E can naturally increase cardiovascular activity. This moves more oxygen to the brain and can contribute to a greater degree of mental alertness. A side effect of this may be an increase in productivity as workers find themselves able to remain alert and focused for more extended periods.
Reduces Risk of Lower Back Pain
- The EVERY 157E offers the options of permitting the back rest to move freely throughout the entire range or being locked at either 90° or 120°. The curved back provides primary lumbar support, while a secondary height adjustable insert can be positioned to fine-tune the support to a more appropriate height. There is also the option of adjusting the pressure or resistance of the lumbar support via a knob on the rear of the back rest.
Encourages Core Muscle Toning
- Permitting the back rest on the EVERY 157E to move freely can encourage the toning of muscle. By regularly employing the range of movement offered, these muscles can be engaged to a much greater degree when compared to static sitting. This can either be accomplished on a consistent basic throughout the workday through the small adjustments made when shifting between tasks or on a more pro-active basis by making a point to regularly lean back through the full range of movement, even doing so several times in a row. This will also have the added benefit of encouraging cardiovascular activity with the associated improvement in overall alertness.
Can Reduce General Fatigue
- Movement is key to ensuring that worker fatigue is controlled. Static sitting at a workstation reduces blood flow and encourages shallow breathing. Combined, these result in a reduction in oxygen to both the brain and body tissue, contributing to overall fatigue. When in the unlocked mode the EVERY 157E encourages movement by permitting the chair to naturally follow the movements of the body rather than forcing it into a static position.
Encourages Active Movement
- The range of movement offered by the EVERY 157E encourages regular movement which keeps lubricating fluid moving through joints, reducing or eliminating stiffness, and also actively stretches muscles which can become shortened from extended static sitting.
Can Reduce Risk of Circulation Restriction in Lower Legs
- The "waterfall front" and 2" range of depth adjustment on the seatpan combine to ensure that individuals are able to receive appropriate support without the risk of circulation restriction from pressure against the back of the knees.
Encourages Correct Posture at Workstation
- Seat height is easily adjusted by a simple rotation of the release lever. This encourages individuals to set their seat to a height appropriate to their build, optimizing their posture at their workstation.
- High Back for Support: The EVERY 157E features a comfortably cushioned back rest upholstered in breathable Lucia 58 fabric. The 24.5" tall back rest offers firm back and shoulder support whether sitting upright or reclining, even for taller individuals who may find back rests on most task chairs lacking in this regard.
- Synchronous Movement: The EVERY 157E features a synchronous movement that tilts the seat slightly as the angle of the chair opens up.
- Comfortable Breathable Seat Cushion: The EVERY is equipped with 2" of foam for comfort and support. The Lucia fabric upholstery is unglued, ensuring optimal air movement and comfort.
- Free Moving Back Rest: The back rest on the EVERY 157E can angle to provide an opening angle of anywhere between 90° and approximately 120°. This offers a wide range of movement to those who wish to be more active throughout the day.
- Back Rest Lock Option: Back rest angle can be locked to either a 90° upright position when working on projects that require a more fixed and focused position, or at approximately 120° when a more relaxed reclining position is desired.
- Adjustable Lumbar Support: The EVERY 157E is equipped with a sliding lumbar support that can be adjusted within a 2" vertical range. The pressure level of the lumbar support can be adjusted using the knob on the back of the chair. The EVERY 157E also has a basic lumbar curve built into the back rest frame, providing a basic foundation for the adjustable aspects of the lumbar support.
- Load-Dependent Casters for Hard Floors: The EVERY 157E is equipped with soft 65 mm load-dependent casters for safety. This means that the chair will not roll away when unoccupied. These casters do not lock, they only exert just enough resistance so that the chair does not roll on its own when weight is removed. It is still possible to re-position the chair with minimal effort. When the chair is occupied the brake fully disengages, permitting virtually effortless chair movement.
- Depth Adjustable Seat: The EVERY 157E features a sliding seatpan which provides a 2" range of depth adjustment able to accommodate the seat-depth requirements of a wide range of individuals. To ensure that arm support is suitably positioned the armrests follow the movement of the seatpan.
- "Waterfall Front" Seatpan: EVERY 157E chairs are equipped with a "waterfall" front to reduce the risk of unnecessary pressure being exerted against the back of the thighs.
- Removable 4-D Armrests: The EVERY features 4-D Armrests that are adjustable for height, width (from the inner edge of the left armrest to the inner edge of the right armrest), depth (forward and backward), and pivot (10° to the left and right). See "Specifications" below for detailed range of movement. If desired the armrests can easily be detached using a simple Allen key.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
EVERYis1 157E High Back Task Chair
- Arm Rests: 4-D T-Arm Rests
Dimensions: 3.5" W x 9" D (8.9 x 22.9 cm)
- Width (from the inner edge of the left armrest to the inner edge of the right armrest): 17.0" - 20.5" (43.2 - 52.1 cm)
- Total Range of Width Adjustment: 3.5" (8.9 cm)
- 2.0" (5.1 cm) via armrest lateral movement (1.0" [2.5 cm] per side)
- 1.5" (3.8 cm) via Allen key) (0.75" [1.9 cm] per side)
- Depth (forward and backward): 2" (5.1 cm)
- Pivot: One indexed stop at approximately 15° (both in and out)
- Height (above seat): 11 Settings ranging from 5.5" - 9.5" (14.0 - 24.1 cm) in 0.4" (1.0 cm) increments. (release button on underside of armrest)
Fully Removable: Both armrests can easily be removed with the included Allen Key.
- Seat Pan:
Depth: 16.9" (43 cm)Depth Adjustment: Sliding seat pan adjustment with hand release
Depth Adjustment Range: 16.9" - 18.9" (43 - 48 cm)
Width: 19.3" (49 cm)
- Seat Height Range:
Standard Cylinder: 16.5" - 20.7" (42.0 - 52.5 cm)
Short Cylinder: 14.2" - 15.9" (36.0 - 40.5 cm)
- Back Rest:
Width 18" (45.7 cm)
Height (above seat pan): 24.5" (62.2 cm)
- Lumbar Adjustment Range:
Height: 2" (5.1 cm) range
Depth/Pressure: Variable Adjustment
- Base: 26" (66 cm) 5-Point Polished Aluminum
- Casters: 2.56" (65 mm) Soft Load-Dependent Casters (for hard-surfaced flooring).
- Weight Rating: 264 lbs (120 kg)
- Certifications: Quality management system DIN EN ISO 9001:2008, VO (EG) No. 1221/2009 (EMAS),
Environmental management system DIN EN ISO 14001:2009, OHSAS, EcoVadis gold,
Commitment to sustainability. Quality Office, Blue Angel, Bifma e3 level Platinum.
- Warranty: 10 Years - Manufacture DirectWarranty PDF
- Package Contents: EVERY 172E Series Task Chair, User Guide
- Estimated Assembly Time: 15-20 minutes (1 person)
- Tools Required: Allen Key (included)
- Adjust the armrests to match your build - The armrests on the EVERY offer an adjustment range that fits a vast range of heights and builds. Adjust the height, width and depth to provide support when your shoulders are relaxed and your arms are hanging at your sides. If necessary, you can adjust the angle of the armrest to approximately 15° (in or out) to match the angle at which your forearms approach your workspace.
- Adjust the lumbar support height and pressure to your personal preferences. You want the support to be positioned centrally in the curve of your back. When adjusting the pressure you want to have a degree of firmness but should not feel that the lumbar support is pressing into your back.
- Ensure that the seat pan is correctly adjusted to match your body. When comfortably seated with your back resting against the backrest you want to have 1-2 finger widths between the back of your knees and the front of the seatpan. Too little space may restrict circulation; too much space will not provide the optimum support.
- Set the height of the EVERY chair correctly. Aim for an elevation that lets your elbows open slightly more than 90° when your hands are resting on the keyboard or mouse. If the chair is too low the angle between your legs and torso will be less than 90°. Make sure the seat is high enough to create a 90° angle at the hips. Note: You might also need to raise the height of the keyboard and mousing surfaces accordingly. If the greater elevation results in your feet being unable to rest flat against the floor you should consider adding a footrest to your workstation.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|10468366|| EVERYis1 157E Series Task Chair, Black Lucia 58 Upholstered Tall Back & Seat, Polished Aluminum Base, Standard Cylinder.|
|10468367|| EVERYis1 157E Series Task Chair, Black Lucia 58 Upholstered Tall Back & Seat, Polished Aluminum Base, Short Cylinder.|