Reduces Strain on the Shoulder and Neck Muscles
- Employing the 6G Articulating Keyboard Arm Mechanism enables a user to position their keyboard and mouse at a height which permits the shoulders and neck to be in a relaxed position. Most desk surfaces are too high for the vast majority of users which leads to shoulder tension as the user elevates their hands and arms to achieve the correct posture for their wrist.
Reduces Risk of Shoulder Hunching
- The 6G Articulating Keyboard Arm Mechanism can free users to position their keyboard and mouse at a suitable ergonomic height and location in relation to their torso. Doing this should reduce or eliminate the shoulder hunching which occurs as users try to reach forward and up to an inappropriately positioned worksurface. Note that the range of height adjustment may be insufficient for some users.
Reduces Risk of Wrist Extension
- The ability to easily adjust the angle of the keyboard tray into a negative inclination will encourage users to orient their keyboard at the angle necessary to create a neutral wrist alignment. This can also reduce the risk of developing associated repetitive strain injuries (RSI).
ef="https://www.ergopedia.ca/risk_factors/Wrist_Extension_When_Using_the_Keyboard.html">Learn More About Wrist Extension
Positions Keyboard and Mouse in the "Comfort Zone"
- Computer users often find themselves reaching forward to the keyboard and mouse which can result in hunching of the shoulders, as referred to above. By moving both the keyboard and mouse to the same location and closer to the user the shoulders are in a more natural position, reducing the risk of developing shoulder and neck pain. It also encourages a more upright posture, rather than forcing the user to lean forward.Learn More About the Comfort Zone.
Encourages Correct Posture
- The 6G Articulating Keyboard Arm Mechanism can be employed to correctly position the keyboard and mouse. This will free the user to return their torso to a correct upright posture, with the shoulders back and relaxed. It will also encourage them to sit back in their chair and utilize the back for lumbar support, rather than leaning forward from the waist, or perching on the edge of the seat.
Enables Correct Viewing Distance
- Many modern desks offer a limited depth which can position the monitor(s) too close for appropriate viewing. The installation of a suitable keyboard arm will move the user away from the monitor(s), positioning them at a more appropriate distance from the user. This can be of special benefit where multiple or large monitors are being used.Learn More About Correct Monitor Positioning.
Reduces Worker Fatigue
- A correctly positioned keyboard and mouse can significantly reduce worker fatigue. Awkward and incorrect placement can require a constant effort from the user to maintain a useable position in relation to the devices. The 6G Articulating Keyboard Arm Mechanism can be used to create an ergonomically suitable work environment that will permit the user to assume a relaxed natural posture, eliminating the tension or stress as well as the pain which often accompanies these.
Can Reduce Neck Rotation
- Attaching a keyboard arm to a workstation can enable users to bring reference documents in line with the monitor(s). Doing so can significantly reduce repetitive neck rotation as the user is no longer required to look to the side when accessing their reference materials. As well, with many users now employing much larger screens or multiple monitors, positioning themselves further back from the screens will also significantly reduce the frequency and degree of neck rotation necessary for viewing these monitors.