| Ergonomic Benefits Additional Resources Usage Tips |
This keyboard features easy to target 1" x 1" keys, and has a simpler layout with less keys for individuals who may find a normal layout confusing. All BigKeys keyboards are hard-wired to be switchable between ABC and QWERTY layouts, and you can rearrange the keycaps to match custom layouts you may have created in your operating system or software. Available accessories include protective skinguards (to prevent against damage from spills, etc.) and rigid plastic keyguards are available for individuals needing further targeting assistance. All keyboards have a grey housing, but color options on the keys are as follows: Black Legends on White Keys, White Legends on Black Keys, or White Legends on Colored Keys.
- Large, easy to read and target key legends: All keys are easy to see - 0.75" wide by 0.75" deep (1.9 cm wide by 1.9 cm deep) at the top of the keycap, a total of 42 oversized keys
- Normal sized keys: 6 normal sized keys for CapsLock, CTRL, ALT, Tab, Del, and ESC
- Switchable layout (hardwired): Familiar QWERTY or ABC key layout, switch between them by moving the switch on the bottom of the keyboard with a pencil tip toward the lower edge of the keyboard for ABC or toward the upper edge for QWERTY. Although the letters on the keycaps will remain the same, the computer will interpret all keystrokes as coming from the alternate keyboard layout.
- Shift key: Gives access to upper/lower case alphabet and punctuation keys.
- Easy to read key labels: Large black letters on white or multi-colour keys.
- Contains all essential characters: 97 character keyset
- No special software required: Just plug into your PC in place of the regular keyboard. PS/2 or optional USB connector.
- Run-on eliminated: Each key press generates only 1 character, no matter how long the key is held down.
- F1-F10 keys: Press and hold the "F" key and the numeric keys become F1-F10. To Accommodate one-handed operation, Big Keys LX provides an Assist Mode. In Assist Mode, function keys can be produced by successively pressing "F" and the numeric key rather than simultaneously pressing the 2 keys.
- Punctuation and other special keys:
|Regular numeric keys:|
|Shifted numeric keys:|
- Print Screen key: Press the "F" key and the "P" key.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Big Keys Keyboard Plus
- Width: 19" (48.3 cm)
- Depth (front to back): 7" (17.8 cm)
- Height: 1" (2.5 cm)
- Weight: 2.5 lbs (1.13 kg)
- Number of keys: 42 oversized keys(alphabet, numbers, arrowkeys, space/shift bar,enter)
- Key cap size: 0.75" wide by 0.75" deep(1.9 cm wide by 1.9 cmdeep)
- Key caps: High-impact,injection-molded ABS caseand keycaps withwear-resistant UV coatedkeycap printing
- Key pitch: 1" (2.5 cm) (oversized)
- Keyswitch type: Mechanical
- Keyswitch rating: 10 million actuations
- Compatibility: PC: All OS's
Mac: All OS's
Other: LX OS X or later
***You may use a Big Keys Plus Keyboard on a computer's USB port by using the BigKeys PS/2 to USB adapter accessory (not Generic Adapters, see below).
- Included in the box: Instruction Manual/User Guide
- Warranty: Manufacturer direct
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|BK-PP-CCA|| Grey case, coloured keycaps, black legends, ABC layout|
|BK-PP-CCQ|| Grey case, coloured keycaps, black legends, QWERTY layout|
|BK-PP-CCWA|| Grey case, white keycaps, black legends, ABC layout|
|BK-PP-CCWQ|| Grey case, white keycaps, black legends, QWERTY layout|
|KB-GUARD|| Rigid Keyguards for Big Keys Keyboard Plus|
|USB-BK|| Big Keys PS/2 to USB Adapter|
|KB48-SKIN|| Protective Skin for Big Keys Keyboard Plus|
Made from Ultraflex, the Keyboard Skin is an ultrasoft polymer skin that fits snugly over the BigKeys keys.
The Skin protects your BigKeys keyboard from dust, moisture and liquids without changing the feel of the keyboard.