The Low Profile Tray for Mouse Intensive Users is specifically designed to provide an oversized mousing area for users whose work includes a high degree of mousing, or for those who use a larger mouse or one which is often used with full arm movements (such as the HandShoe Mouse). The dedicated mousing area is 12" wide and 15" deep, enough to even provide a degree of forearm support for some users. With 18" of dedicated keyboard space the tray can also comfortably accommodate the widest of keyboards with little or no intrusion into the mousing zone. A 1" high keyboard guard with five cable cutouts for convenient device cable routing is mounted at the back of the tray. This tray is available in models to serve the needs of both right and left handed users.
The tray is constructed using phenolic resin ensuring a rigid surface, even at just 0.25" thick. When placed on this tray, especially one installed on a keyboard arm with a similarly low profile mounting bracket, a keyboard and pointing device can be comfortably positioned at thigh level, and/or at a negative incline (tilted down) without restricting movement of the knees or thighs.
NOTE: This tray should be mounted on an Extended Track Ovation Low Profile Leverless Arm in order for it to completely retract under the desk when stored.
If you have an arm already, compare this Hole Pattern to see if this tray can be fitted to your arm.
Positions Input Devices within the "Comfort Zone"
- Keeping frequently used devices (such as keyboard and mouse) within the Comfort Zone allows the muscles of the upper body to remain relaxed and reduces the risk of overreach (left to right, up and down, and forward) injuries. Learn More About the Comfort Zone.
Encourages Correct Mouse Usage
- The availability of the large 12" W x 15" D mousing zone can encourage users to perform mouse movements with the entire arm, reducing the risk of wrist extension
and radial deviation
which occurs when users "plant" the heel of the hand and move the mouse with the fingers. This common method of mousing is encouraged by the presence of constrained space for movement of the mouse and can also lead to other related issues such as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
and Trigger Finger
Keeps the Shoulders Level
- By allowing users to keep both input devices on the same level, this tray eliminates the need to repeatedly lift, extend and lower the shoulder when using the mouse. Dealing with a constant shoulder imbalance leads to an increased risk of repetitive strain injury. (Note that trays with pivoting mousing surface can also raise or lower the mouse below the level of the keyboard and therefore carry the same potential risk.)
Allows Obstruction-Free Negative Inclination
- With a thickness of only 0.25" the Phenolic Low Profile Tray for Mouse Intensive Users allows maximum freedom to create a negative inclination for the keyboard without obstructing the legs. A negative inclination creates the neutral wrist alignment known to combat the development of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
Uniform Height and Material
- The entire tray surface is at the same height and is made of the same material. There is no raised strip at the front edge of the tray that could put pressure on the wrists. (Raised areas, i.e. padded rests intended as palm
supports on many keyboard trays are, in practice, often misused as wrist rests, becoming an ergonomic risk factor. Pressure on the wrist compresses tissue, restricts bloodflow and can lead to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.)
- Spacious: The Low Profile Tray for Mouse Intensive Users easily accommodates the largest of keyboards, including specialized ergonomics split keyboards. The generous 12" W X 15" D mousing surface is ample space for the largest of mice, even when operating at a low resolution.
- Keyboard Guard: The 1" raised Keyboard Guard ensures that the keyboard and other device(s) stay in place when the tray is in negative slope positions.
- Cable Management: 5 cable guide cut outs in the keyboard guard allow for easy routing of input device cables.
- Durable: Phenolic Resin construction provides a rigid surface with very minimal bounce and flexion, while being sufficiently resilient to prevent cracking or chipping from accidental impact.
- Low Profile: At just 0.25" thick, the Low Profile Tray for Mouse Intensive Users presents a very low profile which pairs well with keyboard arms with low profile mounting heads.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Low Profile Tray for Mouse Intensive Users
- Not only does the Mouse Intensive Tray act as an oversized mousing surface, it can also provide potential benefit as an arm support to help reduce the load on the shoulder.
- In order to be fully stored this tray should be mounted on an Extended Track Ovation Low Profile Leverless Arm (28" track model). If there is insufficient depth for mounting a 28" track the 23" track can be used but the tray will not fully retract, leaving the front 4" of the mousing surface projecting below the front of the desk.
- If you have an arm already, compare this Hole Pattern to see if this tray can be fitted to your arm.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|FB-PT30x15R|| Right model|
|FB-PT30x15L|| Left model|
|FB-T30x15L|| Left model - ABS Plastic Version, Dual Cable Guides|
|912TR-002|| Black, bulk packaging|
|912TR-002-ERGO|| Black, legended with ErgoCanada Logo, bulk packaging|