| Additional Resources |
The TULEAN Leaning Stool is a robust and functional sit-stand seat from ErgoVerse. It features a heavy-duty, large diameter tubular steel base topped with a cushioning, infinitely-adjustable gas spring lift. A convenient tilt option lets the seat be positioned flat for sitting or angled forward up to 15° for leaning. Black textured powder-coating on the frame provides a pleasant appearance in addition to resisting marks and rust. Large plastic glides provide stable positioning and small rollers integrated into the rear glides facilitate easy movement of the 17.6 lb (8 kg) seat between working points.
The TULEAN Leaning Stool features a firm, padded seat that is available with either a faux leather or fabric cover. Its appearance and comfortable cushioning make this model more aesthetically suited to an office environment. Warehouse or manufacturing facility applications may benefit from a model such as the RISON that is equipped to withstand the rougher treatment encountered in these environments.
Gas spring lifts provide two ranges of adjustment which will meet the seating needs of most people, regardless of height. Both the faux leather and fabric models are available with two height ranges: 26" to 35.5" - suitable for those from about 5'2" to 6'6" or the lower range of 22.5" - 29.5" - best suited to individuals ranging from 4'5" to 5'5" tall.
Note: If there is a desire for a larger seat or thicker padding the EZSIT Leaning Stool, another member of this family, is worth considering.
Reduces Strain on Knees
- Using the TULEAN in the leaning mode can result in a significant reduction in the stress on the knee joints as little effort is required to transition between leaning and standing fully upright. This transition between stances requires noticeably less effort than rising from a traditional chair.
Reduces Risk of Lower Limb Circulation Problems
- Static standing has been identified as a contributing factor in the development of edema (swelling of the lower legs). When the muscles of the lower legs are not being flexed their ability to pump blood and fluids through the circulatory system is restricted. Leaning or sitting on the TULEAN facilitates flexing of the muscles in the lower legs and, by doing so, encourages better circulation.
Helps to Improve Overall Health
- The conventional seated position (i.e. 90° bend) restricts both blood and fluid flows through the internal organs. A leaning position such as the TULEAN offers can be of benefit to the digestive and cardiovascular systems. The more upright stance reduces potential constrictions in the digestive tract and, by opening up the core and allowing the diaphragm to move more freely, can significantly increase cardiovascular activity.
Increases Mental Alertness
- The open core stance provided by the TULEAN, combined with the ability to flex the leg muscles, naturally increases cardiovascular activity. The increased activity facilitates more effective oxygenation of the brain and thereby contributes to a greater degree of mental alertness.
Reduces Risk of Lower Back Pain
- Standing with the feet flat for extended periods of time (such as at a standing desk or counter) requires the muscles of the lower back to remain in a state of constant tension (even more so if the abdominal muscles are weak.) As the muscles tire, the back tends to curve or arch, which can often lead to an unnatural and unhealthy degree of lordosis (sometimes referred to as "swayback"). Since some degree of unnatural curvature is already common to many back problems, a standing workstation has the potential to increase, rather than decrease, pain and fatigue. A leaning stool such as the TULEAN, which tilts the pelvis slightly forward, permits the spine to return to the natural, gently curved S-shape that provides the greatest strength, stability and support for the entire body. The unnatural, extreme curvature is eliminated, and the overworked muscles of the back are able to relax and recover.
Encourages Core Muscle Maintenance
- Traditional seating permits the core muscles to fully relax and become lazy. The semi-standing or leaning stance promoted by the TULEAN encourages flexing and relaxation of the back and core muscles as they keep the torso stabilized during the work session. This helps to maintain muscle tone in those muscle groups without overtiring them.
Increases Movement for Better Health
- Because moving between the seated resting position and a fully standing position is much easier, a greater degree of movement and mobility throughout the day may naturally occur, potentially reducing some of the risk associated with extended sitting.
Extends Range of Movement
- Working from a semi-standing position offers users a noticeable increase in range of motion and reach compared to conventional chairs or stools. This extends the Comfort Zone and allows access to a larger area of the work surface, while at the same time reducing the risk of overextension. Learn More About the Comfort Zone
- Wide Range of Seat Height Adjustment: | The TULEAN is available in two height ranges. Models TLS-LT-S-11127 and TLS-FB-11135 adjust between 26" and 35.5" and are suitable for those ranging from 5'2" to 6'6" tall. Models TLS-LT-S-11127 and TLS-FB-S-11136 are better suited for shorter individuals ranging from 4'5" TO 5'5" tall and have an adjustment range from 22.5" to 29.5".
- Padded Seat: The TULEAN provides more cushioning than some other models which use a noticeably firmer manufacturing or warehouse style of seat. The seat is polyurethane foam with either a faux leather or fabric cover. The faux leather is better suited to environments where cleaning may be needed. The fabric versions provide better comfort due to the breathability of the fabric.
- Rugged Construction: The large diameter tubular steel base is built to last for many years. Simplicity of design means a lower risk of failure.
- Cushioning Gas Spring: The gas spring that provides height adjustment also serves as a shock absorber to help absorb impact as weight is brought to bear on the seat.
- Infinite Height Adjustment: Seat height can be easily adjusted to any point within the adjustment range. A simple hand-activated lever (similar to the mechanism on a standard office chair) releases the lock on the gas spring lift.
- Easy Transport Rollers: Small rollers are incorporated into the back of the base. Tipping the stool back engages these rollers for easier movement between work locations.
- Tilting Seat: The TULEAN seat can be tilted forward from 0° to 15° from horizontal. Adjustment is via a locking lever which enables infinite positioning.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
TULEAN Leaning Stool
TULEAN Leaning Stool in Use
- Select the correct height. When adjusting the height of the seat, aim to position yourself in a posture where the angle of your thighs is between 25° and 40° off the vertical. If you are unable to make comfortable contact with the seat you have likely set the seat too high.
- Consider adding a MATAR Anti-Fatigue Mat to your workstation if you notice that you do not feel secure, or would like a cushioned surface for your feet.
- Consider Bracing Your Feet. When using a leaning-style of seat some find that bracing their feet against a sturdy, fixed bar or rail such as the SAIPH Foot Brace Rail can substantially improve their comfort. Caution: Standard footrests are not recommended for this application.
- Care and Cleaning:
- Using a soft cloth, lukewarm water and a mild, nonabrasive soap, wipe down both the seat and base. Where heavy soiling has occurred on the seat a soft bristle brush can be used in a gentle rotational scrubbing action to aid in lifting any dirt that is embedded into the textured finish. Wipe down the surface with a clean cloth and warm water to remove any excess detergent and then dry with a soft cloth.
- BEFORE using any cleaning solution it should be tested on an inconspicuous location to ensure that there are no adverse reactions to the cleaning solution.
- AVOID leaving any detergent or cleaner on the surface for any extended period.
- DO NOT use any abrasive cleaners or cleaning pads as they can cause damage to the surface.
- DO NOT use Petroleum-based solvents or Alcohol-based cleaners.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|TLS-LT-11114|| TULEAN Leaning Stool, Black Leatherette Over PU Foam, Seat Height Range of 26" - 35.5".|
|TLS-LT-S-11127|| TULEAN Leaning Stool (short), Black Leatherette Over PU Foam Seat, Height Range of 22.5" - 29.5".|
|TLS-FB-11135|| TULEAN Leaning Stool, Black Fabric over PU Foam, Seat Height Range of 26" - 35.5".|
|TLS-FB-S-11136|| TULEAN Leaning Stool (short), Black Fabric over PU Foam Seat, Height Range of 22.5" - 29.5".|
|SFBR|| SAIPH Foot Brace Rail, Black Sides with Silver Bar, 22.75" W x 13.25" D x 3.75" H|