| Additional Resources Accessories |
With a seat height range of 23.75" - 33.1", the STEPL Drafting Chair from ErgoVerse can provide those working at fixed-height elevated workstations a stable and comfortable seat. The STEPL features a wide seat and back rest, both with 2" thick padding for comfort. The angles of the seat and back rest are independently adjustable, with the back rest also adjustable in height, features that let each person to position support where it is most beneficial. Seat height adjustment is via a standard gas spring lift that also provides a shock-absorbing effect.
Two footrest options are available. Models SDC-BLK-05004 and SDC-GRY-07033 are equipped with a large 22.8" diameter heavy steel foot ring that provides a convenient 360° of fixed support for the feet. Model SDC-BLK-07030 features a 120° steel footrest with an aggressively treaded surface for safety. Both foot rest options can be positioned as low as 7.5" off the floor or can also be secured at greater heights if necessary.
All models have oversized 27" diameter Brushed Aluminum bases for stability. Safety glides ensure safety when mounting and dismounting from the chair.
STEPL Drafting chairs are upholstered with supple imitation leather. Model SDC-BLACK-05004 is available in Black, SDC-BLK-07033S is available in Anthracite Grey with red accent stitching, and Model DC-GRY-07030 is available in Black, with red accent stitching.
Reduces Load on Legs and Feet
- STEPL Drafting Chairs are designed to bear the majority of the weight directly on the seat, while still facilitating work at raised workstations or counters. This transfer greatly reduces the strain that the joint surfaces are subjected to and offers a potential reduction in risk of damage to these key joints.
Encourages Change of Position and Reduces Risk of Lower Limb Circulation Problems
- STEPL Drafting Chairs are a good alternative to use when working at an elevated counter or workstation. Because extensive standing can lead to blood pooling in the lower extremities, taking regular breaks on a STEPL will let the individuals readily flex their calf muscles to encourage active circulation. Regular sitting breaks can also permit fatigued back muscles to rest and recover.
Tilting Seat Improves Spinal Alignment
- The STEPL seat tilt can be adjusted to find the most comfortable position. The positive tilt range can reduce the strain on the lower lumbar area, the most common source of lower back pain, by tilting the pelvis forward and aiding in restoring the natural spinal curvature.
Lumbar Support Supports Natural Spinal Curvature
- The STEPL back rest is adjustable in both height and angle. The enables each person to position it to provide support at the optimum height as well as the ideal pressure. The angle adjustment lets it be brought in to provide just enough support pressure to let the muscles relax and rest.
Adjustable Height Footrests Facilitate Optimum Positioning for Foot Support
- All STEPL models offer a sturdy height-adjustable foot support that can be positioned to support the feet at the height best suited to the seat position. Providing appropriately positioned support will ensure that the legs are properly supported to avoid potential pressure points that can impede circulation in the legs.
Can Reduce General Fatigue
- Many people who stand for prolonged periods during their work day already know how fatiguing this can be. The fatigue may begin in the feet and legs but typically extends its reach to affect them both physically and mentally. After a day of standing, people can find themselves unable to actively participate in recreational activities or to enjoy other interests. A weight-bearing seat such as a STEPL Drafting Chair can aid in mitigating the factors that lead to fatigue, conserving energy for after-work activities.
- Large Cushioned Seat and Back Rest: The STEPL seats feature large seats and back rests that spread weight across the entire surface. The seat design also accommodates easy mounting and dismounting, as is necessary in many applications where these would be deployed, such as parts centres and service counters.
- Tilting Seat: The seat can be tilted from +4 to -8° so each user can find the position that is most comfortable, or even vary it throughout the day.
- Height and Angle Adjustable Back Rest: The back rest is adjustable in height so it can be positioned where the most support is required. The angle is also adjustable, which lets it be adjusted to provide just the right degree of pressure. The angle is also easily adjustable at any time should users desire to change their sitting position.
- Cushioning Gas Spring Height Adjustment: The STEPL seat can be positioned from 27.75" to 36.6". Adjustment is provided via a gas cylinder spring, with a simple lever release. The spring lets the seat bear weight dynamically, cushioning the contact when first sitting down and continuing to absorb impact as positions shift throughout the day.
- Oversized Base and Safety Glides: Many raised drafting or counter height seats fail to fully consider safety. The STEPL addresses this by being equipped with a large 27" diameter base that ensures stability even at elevated seating positions. The five-point base has large floor glides that grip the floor, ensuring that the seat does not move when mounting or dismounting
- Height Adjustable Safety Grip Foot Supports: The foot supports on both models of the STEPL Chair feature aggressively treaded steel plates that keep footwear from slipping, even under demanding conditions. The supports are also height adjustable to ensure that they can be placed to best match both seat height and user leg length.
- Supple Faux Leather Upholstery: The polyurethane upholstery is durable but soft to the touch. Should the need arise it can also be wiped down with mild soap and water.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
STEPL Drafting Chair - Model SDC-BLK-05004
STEPL Drafting Chair - Model SDC-GRY-07033
STEPL Drafting Chair - Model SDC-BLK-07030
Height Range: 23.75" - 33.1" (60.3 - 84 cm)
Angle Adjustment: +4° to -8°
Dimensions: 17.3" (44 cm) Deep x 17.7" Wide (44 cm)
Height Range: (seat to top of backrest): 15" - 20" (38.1 -50.8 cm)
Angle Adjustment: +4° to -18° (from any seat angle)
Dimensions: 14.6" (37 cm) High x 10.2" x 15.4" (39 cm) Wide
- Footrest, Model 07030:
Non-Swiveling: 120° Arc is 20" (50.8 cm) at widest point and projects 10" (25.4 cm) forward
Minimum Height: 7.5" (19 cm)
- Footring, Models 05004 & 07033:
Non-Swiveling: 22.8" (58 cm) Diameter
Minimum Height: 7.5" (19 cm)
- Base: 27" (68.6 cm) Diameter
- Weight Rating: 264 lbs (120 kg)
- Warranty: 5 Years (limited)
- Package Contents: STEPL Drafting Chair, Assembly Guide Sheet
- When dismounting from the STEPL the seat should be lowered. This will make both dismounting and remounting much easier. When mounting the foot rest can be used to "boost" yourself while the gas cylinder spring is used to elevate the seat to an appropriate height.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|SDC-BLK-05004|| STEPL Drafting Chair, Black imitation leather, integrated fixed footring.|
|SDC-GRY-07033|| STEPL Drafting Chair, Anthracite Grey imitation leather, integrated fixed footring.|
|SDC-BLK-07030|| STEPL Drafting Chair, Black imitation leather, integrated fixed footrest.|