Page last updated: Fri, 17-May-2019 15:21:47
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
SRLYN Perching Seatby ErgoVerse
| Additional Resources |
The SRLYN Perching Seat from ErgoVerse offers users working at height-adjustable workstations the option of an elevated seat or a leaning stance. The SRLYN helps to reduce strain on the muscles of the lower back and core, and on the legs and feet. The leaning position also minimizes the effort required to return to a fully standing position and provides users with a greater range of motion and greater reach than does a standard seated position.
The SRLYN Perching Seat features an infinitely adjustable height range from 26.4" to 35.8" and locking forward tilt adjustment from 5° up to 20°. The 14.2" wide by 12.6" deep formed polyurethane seat provides a large firm cushioned seating surface with an integrated handle for easy movement. (Note: Users under 5'6" may find this seat too high; taller users might benefit from its greater upper range which can accommodate individuals up to 6'6".)
Strong nylon glides engage the floor to ensure secure positioning of the seat. The incorporated rollers and handle enable users to move the seat easily between workstations. The unique design of the heavy-duty textured black tubular steel base maximizes stability while also greatly reducing the risk of tripping for passersby.
This ruggedly designed seat has an industrial look but would also work well in an office setting.
Reduces Risk of Lower Back Pain
- Standing with the feet flat for extended periods of time (such as at a standing desk or counter) requires the muscles of the lower back to remain in a state of constant tension (even more so if the abdominal muscles are weak.) As the muscles tire, the back tends to curve or arch, which can often lead to an exaggerated degree of lordosis (sometimes referred to as "swayback"). Since some degree of unnatural curvature is already common to many back problems, a standing workstation has the potential to increase, rather than decrease, pain and fatigue. The greater elevation afforded the user on a stool such as the SRLYN positions the thighs at a downward angle. This alignment of the thighs naturally tilts the pelvis slightly forward, allowing the spine to return to the gently curved S-shape that provides the greatest strength, stability and support for the entire body. The unnatural, extreme curvature is eliminated, and the overworked muscles of the back are able to relax and recover.
Reduces Strain on Knees
- Using the SRLYN in the leaning mode can significantly reduce the stress on the knee joints as little effort is needed to transition between leaning and standing fully upright. This transition between stances requires noticeably less effort than rising from a traditional chair.
Reduces Risk of Lower Limb Circulation Problems
- Static standing has been identified as a contributing factor in the development of edema (swelling of the lower legs). When the muscles of the lower legs are not being flexed their ability to pump blood and fluids through the circulatory system is restricted. Leaning or sitting on the SRLYN frees the user to flex the muscles of the lower legs and, by doing so, to encourage better circulation in the lower legs.
Extends Range of Movement
- A semi-standing position offers users a noticeable increase in range of motion and reach compared to a seated position in a conventional chair or on a traditional stool. The semi-standing position extends the Comfort Zone and allows access to a larger area of the work surface, while at the same time reducing the risk of overextension. Learn More About the Comfort Zone.
Helps to Improve the Health of the Body's Systems
- The conventional seated position (i.e. with a 90º bend at the hips) restricts the flow of blood and other fluids through the internal organs. A leaning position such as the SRLYN offers can benefit the digestive and cardiovascular systems. The upright stance reduces potential constrictions in the digestive tract and, by opening up the core and allowing the diaphragm to move more freely, can significantly increase cardiovascular efficiency.
Increases Mental Alertness
- The open core stance provided by the SRLYN, combined with the ability to flex the leg muscles, naturally increases oxygen intake and improves blood flow throughout the body. The increased cardiovascular efficiency facilitates more effective oxygenation of the brain and contributes to a greater degree of mental alertness.
Encourages Core Muscle Maintenance
- The semi-standing or leaning stance promoted by the SRLYN helps to keep the abdominal muscles engaged as they work to keep the torso stabilized during the work session. This constant, low-level activity helps to maintain muscle tone in those muscle groups without overtiring them.
May Increase Overall Activity for Better Health
- As users find they can move more easily between the seated, resting position and a fully standing position they may find their overall activity levels increasing as well, potentially reducing some of the risks known to be associated with extended sitting.
- Wide Range of Seat Height Adjustment: Seat is easily adjustable from 26.4" to 35.8", over 9" of range.
- Contoured Seat: The large, formed polyurethane seat features a contoured shape that makes the SRLYN more appealing to sit on than some other sit-stand stools which offer smaller seating surfaces.
- Rugged Construction: The large diameter tubular steel base is built to last for many years.
- Cushioning Gas Spring: The gas spring that provides height adjustment also serves as a shock absorber to help absorb impact as the user sits down.
- Infinite Height Adjustment: Seat height can be easily adjusted to any point within the adjustment range. A simple hand-activated lever (similar to the mechanism on a standard office chair) releases the lock on the gas spring lift.
- Easy Transport Rollers: Small rollers are incorporated into the back of the base, enabling users to tip the stool for movement between work locations.
- Tilting Seat: The SRLYN seat can be tilted forward from 5° to 20° from horizontal. Adjustment is via a locking lever which enables infinite positioning.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
SRLYN Perching Seat
Convenient Rollers for Moving
- Seat Dimensions: 14.2" (36 cm) wide x 12.6" (32 cm) deep
- Height Adjustment: 26.4" (67 cm) - 35.8" (91 cm)
- Seat Tilt Range:: 5° - 20°
- Base Footprint: 20" (50.8 cm) wide x 17" (43.2 cm) deep
- Weight: 18.7 lb (8.5 kg)
- Weight Rating: 264 lbs (120 kg)
- Warranty: 5 Years
- Package Contents: SRLYN Perching Seat, Assembly Instructions Sheet
- Sitting or Leaning? First, choose whether you wish to sit or lean. Adjust the tilt of the seat accordingly.
- Select the Correct Height. When adjusting the height of the seat, aim to position yourself so that the angle of your thighs is between 25º and 40º off the vertical. If you are unable to make comfortable contact with the seat you have likely set the seat too high.
- Consider Adding an Anti-Fatigue Mat. If you notice that you do not feel secure, or would like a cushioned surface for your feet to rest on, consider adding a non-slip Anti-Fatigue Mat to your workstation.
- Consider Bracing Your Feet. Some users of leaning stools find that bracing their feet against a sturdy, fixed bar or rail can substantially improve their comfort. Caution: Standard footrests are not recommended for this application.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|SPS-11111|| SRLYN Perching Seat. |
Formerly sold as Model: 11111
|SFBR|| SAIPH Foot Brace Rail, Black Sides with Silver Bar, 22.75" W x 13.25" D x 3.75" H|