| Additional Resources |
The MVMNT Foldable Perching Saddle Seat from ErgoVerse is a non-swiveling, folding saddle seat designed for smaller or average sized individuals working at standard or elevated workstations.
The saddle design keeps the toes either in line with the knees (which are splayed and drawn back toward the hips), or even further back - below the hips, rather than extended forward of the knees as they would be on a leaning stool. This makes it possible to work at surfaces built on top of base cabinets or shelves, something that is not possible with traditional chairs (where the knees are too far forward) or leaning/perching seats (where the feet and knees are too far forward). The MVMNT also keeps the torso in an ergonomically desirable upright position, while at the same time providing stability and reducing the need to bend forward from the waist. This posture is especially beneficial when fine control is needed or when greater effort must be exerted. The small back rest offers temporary support for those who like to lean back occasionally to rest their back.
The height of the seat can be adjusted from 20.9" high to 30.7" high. The height of the back rest adjusts independently so individuals are able to position support where it is most needed. The seat and back rest are both padded for comfort and upholstered in black imitation leather for easy cleaning. The MVMNT features a foldaway, adjustable-height, foot-bar to provide a secure base of support when the chair is elevated too high for foot-to-floor contact.
The MVMNT features simple folding hinges, and easy handwheel adjustment of seat, back and footrest heights. The MVMNT is built on a sturdy, rectangular tube steel base that is rated to 264 lbs. Weighing only 18.7 lbs in total, the MVMNT can also be easily transported between venues or job sites.
Reduces Foot and Leg Fatigue
- Standing to perform any activity puts weight on the feet and legs. With time this results in fatigue, both from the pressure as well as the accompanying reduction in circulation in the lower legs and feet. The MVMNT can address this by providing weight-bearing support for the torso, leaving the legs and feet free to move and flex.
Reduces Strain on Knees
- The MVMNT provides an elevated "straddle" position that lets individuals quickly return to a standing position without having to lift themselves from a fully seated position. This significantly reduces the strain on the knees when compared to rising from a traditional chair height.
Extended Range of Movement
- Saddle seats provide a significant increase in range of motion and reach when compared with conventional chairs or stools. This extends the Comfort Zone and allows access to a larger area of the work surface, while at the same time reducing the risk of overextension. Learn More About the Comfort Zone.
Can Reduce the Risk of Lower Back Pain
- Many people are susceptible to developing pain when the muscles of the lower back become fatigued. Saddle seats, when used correctly, can reduced the risk of strain and fatigue in the lower back. Straddling a saddle with the thighs angled downward rotates the pelvis forward and helps to restore the spine's naturally supportive C-curve.
Increased Worker Safety
- Using a saddle seat can permit the muscles of the lower back to relax and recuperate as circulation is restored. This can reduce the potential of pain developing due to muscle fatigue and can actually extend the period of time that individuals are able to safely perform their function before a longer break becomes necessary. Fatigue is a known contributor to workplace accidents.
Increases Movement for Better Health
- The MVMNT design ensures that one never moves to a fully seated position. As result there is a tendency towards a more active approach to working. Since it is possible to move both quickly and easily between the resting position and a fully standing position, a greater degree of movement and mobility may be engaged in throughout the day.
Core Muscle Maintenance
- Traditional seating permits the core muscles to fully relax and become lazy. The straddle stance which this chair promotes also ensures that the muscles remain in some degree of continuous tension or flex in order to stabilize the torso. This will naturally aid in maintaining muscle tone.
- Wide Range of Saddle Height Adjustment: The saddle seat on the MVMENT is easily adjustable from 20.9" - 30.7" (53.1 - 78 cm) and features a combination of a handwheel lock and rubber grip to hold the saddle in place. Please note that this is a "saddle" seat and that to correctly utilize it and achieve the greatest benefit the saddle will be positioned higher than a traditional seat. This also means that the torso and arms will also be elevated accordingly.
Note: Due to the style of locking mechanism this seat is not suitable for those who may have limited hand or grip strength.
- Folds for Easy Storage and Portability: The legs, seat and foot rest fold to a depth of only 8.5", making this a perfect solution for different locations and travelling between jobsites. At just 18.7 lbs, the MVMNT is easily carried when repositioning is necessary.
Note: Always ensure that the legs are fully unfolded on the floor prior to using the seat.
- Heavy Duty Construction: The simple rugged design of this chair ensures that it will perform to expectations for many years. Simply, heavy-duty hinges and an innovating locking mechanism ensure that the seat remains safely locked at the chosen height.
- Convenient Foot Rest: The MVMNT includes a convenient foot rest bar that can be folded away when not desired. It is also height adjustable using the same type of handwheel locking mechanism as the seat and back rest.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
MVMNT Foldable Perching Saddle Seat
Dimensions: 11.8" (30 cm) Deep x 16" (40.6 cm) Wide
Height Adjustment Range: 20.9" - 30.7" (53 cm - 78 cm)
Adjustment Method: Handwheel
Dimensions: 10" (235.4 cm) High x 8.5 (27.5 cm) Wide
Height Adjustment Range: Up to 42.5" (108 cm) (measured from top of backrest)
Adjustment Method: Handwheel
Materials: Black Imitation Leather over Foam
Height Adjustment Range: 7.5" - 14.2" (19 cm - 36 cm)
Adjustment Method: Hand Wheel
Overall Width: 12.2" (31 cm)
Forward Extension from Upright: 5.1" (13 cm)
- Base Footprint: 15.75" (40 cm) Wide x 20" (50.8 cm) Deep
- Base Materials: Rectangular Steel Tube with Nylon Glides
- Folded Dimensions of Chair: 16.75" (42.5 cm) Wide x 49" (124.5 cm) High x 8.5" (21.6 cm) Deep
- Weight: 18.7 lbs (8.5 kg)
- Warranty: 5 Years
- Package Contents: MVMNT Foldable Perching Saddle Seat, Assembly Guide Sheet
- Ensure Stability: Always ensure that the MVMNT is fully opened, the seat and backrest handwheels are fully tightened, and that the MVMNT is on a stable surface before using.
- Select the Correct Height: When adjusting the height of the saddle, aim to position yourself so that the downward angle of your thighs is approximately 45°. Of course, worksurface heights may require some degree of accommodation in order to achieve an ideal working height.
- Consider Adding an Anti-Fatigue Mat to Your Workstation: If you would like a cushioned surface on which to rest your feet when either sitting or standing, consider adding a non-slip MATAR Anti-Fatigue Mat to your workstation.
- The MVMNT is primarily suited to applications where portability and storability are required. If those are not necessary features there are a wide range of Saddle Seats available that may prove to be better suited to your application.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|MPSS-F-11171|| MVMNT Foldable Perching Saddle Seat.|
|GPS-ACC-90001|| ErgoVerse GIGCHR Guitar Stand Accessory - This accessory requires the Double Adapter Accessory Mount (Model GPS-ACC-90007)|
|GPS-ACC-90006|| ErgoVerse GIGCHR Beverage Holder Accessory - This accessory requires the Double Adapter Accessory Mount (Model GPS-ACC-90007)|
|GPS-ACC-90007|| ErgoVerse GIGCHR Double Adapter Accessory Mount (Note: This accessory is necessary for mounting the GPS-ACC-90001 Guitar Stand or the GPS-ACC-90006 Beverage Holder)|