| Additional Resources Accessories |
The FYLDST Foldable Leaning Stool from ErgoVerse offers users the opportunity to sit or lean while working. In addition to reducing the weight load and stress on the joints of the legs, this posture also lets users quickly move back to a fully standing position with minimal effort.
Designed with portability in mind, at only 14.3 lbs the FYLDST enables users to easily move their chair with them between locations or job sites. This stool offers an extended range of seat height adjustment from 21.25" to 35.4" which will accommodate virtually every user and is rated to support 264 lbs. Heavy rectangular tube steel construction, simple folding hinges, and handwheel adjustment of seat height mean this chair will last through years of heavy use. The Formed Polyurethane fixed seat angles slightly down at 10°, providing a comfortable resting place throughout the day. The textured surface of the seat facilitates airflow and makes the seat feel softer, improving comfort.
The simple design of this model results in a rigid seating position, with the only cushioning being that of the reasonably firm formed-polyurethane seat. Users looking for more cushioning or not requiring portability may wish to consider one of the numerous other models from ErgoVerse, with options of softer padding in the seats or gas spring cylinders for shock absorbance.
Reduces Foot and Leg Fatigue
- By enabling users to rest against or on the seat this stool offers them the opportunity to temporarily reduce some of the weight load carried by the legs and joints throughout the day. This will result in a general increase in energy levels.
Reduces Strain on Knees
- Rather than having to lower themselves down onto a traditional chair users are able to set the seat at a height which is comfortable for them, be able to rest the lower legs while the chair bears a significant portion of their weight, and still be able to quickly return to a fully standing and walking position without having to lift themselves from a fully seated position.
Extended Range of Movement
- Working from a semi-standing position offers users a noticeable increase in range of motion and reach compared to conventional chairs or stools. This extends the Comfort Zone and allows access to a larger area of the work surface, while at the same time reducing the risk of overextension. Learn More About the Comfort Zone.
Can Reduce the Risk of Lower Back Pain
- As the user is in a more upright position there is less tendency to permit the lower back to "slump", a postural position associated with lower back pain.
Increases Movement for Better Health
- Users never move to a fully seated position. As result there is a tendency towards a more active approach to working. Since they can move both quickly and easily between the resting position and a fully standing position users will tend to exhibit a greater degree of movement and mobility throughout the day.
Core Muscle Maintenance
- Traditional seating permits the core muscles to fully relax and become lazy. The semi-standing or leaning stance which this chair promotes also ensures that the muscles remain in some degree of continuous tension or flex in order to stabilize the torso. This will naturally aid in maintaining muscle tone.
- Wide Range of Seat Height Adjustment: Seat is easily adjustable from 21.25" - 35.4" (54 - 90 cm) and features a combination of a handwheel lock and rubber grip to hold the seat in place. Note: Due to the style of locking mechanism this seat is not suitable for users with hand strength issues.
- Folding for Easy Storage and Portability: Both legs and seat fold to a depth of only 7", making this a perfect solution for different locations and travelling between jobsites. The seat weighs only 14.3 lbs (6.5 kg) so carrying requires minimal effort. Note: Always ensure that the legs are fully unfolded on the floor prior to using the seat.
- Heavy Duty Construction: The simple rugged design of this chair ensures that it will perform to expectations for many years. Simply, heavy-duty hinges and an innovating locking mechanism ensure that the seat remains safely locked at the chosen height.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
FYLDST Foldable Leaning Stool
FYLDST Foldable Leaning Stool - Folded
FYLDST Foldable Leaning Stool - Easy to Transport
- Open Dimensions: 37.25" (94.6 cm ) High x 17" (43.2 cm) Wide x 19" (43.2 cm) Deep
- Folded Dimensions: 41" (104.2 cm) High x17" (43.2 cm) Wide x 7" (17.8 cm) Deep
- Seat: 8.7" Deep (22 cm) x 14.2" (36 cm) Wide
- Weight: 14.3 lb (6.5 kg)
- Seat Adjustment: Foldable, non-swiveling, handwheel height adjustment between 21.25" - 35.4" (54 cm - 90 cm)
- Stand: Rectangular steel tube with glides
- Warranty: 5 Years
- Package Contents: FYLDST Foldable Leaning Stool, Instruction Sheet
- Ensure Stability: Always ensure that the FYLDST is fully opened and stable before sitting.
- Select the Correct Height: When adjusting the height of the seat for a leaning posture, aim to position yourself so that the angle of your thighs is between 25º and 40º off the vertical. If you are unable to make comfortable contact with the seat you have likely set the seat too high.
- Consider Adding an Anti-Fatigue Mat to Your Workstation: If you notice that you do not feel secure (i.e. your feet feel as if they are slipping out from underneath you), or you would like a cushioned surface for your feet to rest on, consider adding a non-slip Anti-Fatigue Mat to your workstation.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|FLS-F-11044|| FYLDST Foldable Leaning Stool, Black. |
Formerly sold as Model: 11044