| Additional Resources Accessories |
The EQUSIT Saddle Drafting Chair from ErgoVerse features a heavily padded, tilting, bicycle-style seat mounted to an elevated heavy duty steel frame. A gas spring provides a cushioned seat height range from 27.75" to 36.6", sufficient to provide a suitable seating height for most individuals working at elevated workstations. The wide back features 2" thick cushioning and has independent height and angle adjustments to optimize the comfort and ergonomic positioning.
Two footrest options are available. Model ESDC-83015 features a large 22.8" diameter heavy steel footring that includes a convenient height-adjustable (minimum of 9" above the floor) 360° fixed footrest. Model ESDC-F-83016 features a folding height-adjustable (also to a minimum height of 9") 120° footrest with angle adjustment. For safety, the steel footplate has an aggressively treaded surface. Both styles of footrest can be secured at greater elevations if necessary.
Both models also have oversized 27" diameter Chromed Steel bases equipped with glides. The large base and glides ensure stability when mounting and dismounting from the saddle. If desired, the base on Model ESDC-F-83016 can be folded flat for storage.
Reduces Load on Legs and Feet
- EQUSIT models are designed to bear the majority of the weight directly on the seat, while still facilitating work at raised workstations or counters. This transfer greatly reduces the strain that the joint surfaces are subjected to and offers a potential reduction in risk of damage to these key joints.
Reduces Risk of Lower Limb Circulation Problems
- Static standing has been identified as a contributing factor in the development of edema (swelling) of the lower legs. When the muscles of the lower legs are not being flexed they cannot pump blood and fluids through the circulatory system. When sitting on an EQUSIT workers are able to relax and flex the muscles of the lower legs to encourage circulation.
Helps to Improve Overall Body Health
- The conventional seated position (i.e. 90° bend) restricts both blood and fluid flows through the internal organs. Sitting on the EQUSIT moves the body towards an "open core" stance that can benefit the digestive and cardiovascular systems by allowing the diaphragm to move more freely. In comparison to the traditional static seated position, the more upright stance can significantly increase cardiovascular activity.
Increases Mental Alertness
- The open core stance, combined with the ability to flex the leg muscles, naturally increases cardiovascular activity. This moves more oxygen to the brain and contributes to a greater degree of mental alertness.
Reduces Risk of Lower Back Pain
- Standing with the feet flat for extended periods of time (such as at a standing desk or counter) requires the muscles of the lower back to remain in a state of constant tension (even more so if the abdominal muscles are weak). As the muscles tire, the back tends to curve or arch, which can often lead to an unnatural and unhealthy degree of lordosis (sometimes referred to as "swayback"). Since some degree of unnatural curvature is already common to many back problems, a standing workstation has the potential to increase, rather than decrease, pain and fatigue. The saddle-like design of the EQUSIT tilts the pelvis slightly forward, allowing the spine to return to the natural S-curve that provides the greatest strength, stability and support for the entire body. The unnatural, extreme curvature is eliminated, and the overworked muscles of the back are able to relax and recover.
Can Reduce General Fatigue
- Many people who stand for prolonged periods during their work day already know how fatiguing this can be. The fatigue may begin in the feet and legs but typically extends its reach to affect them both physically and mentally. After a day of standing, people can find themselves unable to actively participate in recreational activities or to enjoy other interests. A weight-bearing seat such as the EQUSIT helps to mitigate the factors that lead to fatigue, conserving energy for after-work activities.
- Large Seating Surface: The broad saddle-style design of the EQUSIT seat provides a seating surface that can accommodate most individuals. Those with smaller frames or build may find the saddle a bit wide and should possibly consider a saddle-style seat with smaller dimensions.
- Extra-Thick Padding: The EQUSIT is equipped with a thickly padded saddle. This means that the cushioning effect will not "bottom out", even under heavy use.
- Height Adjustable: A lever-controlled gas spring provides a seat height ranging from 27.75" to 36.6".
- Cushioning Gas Spring: The gas spring that provides height adjustment also serves as a shock absorber to help absorb impact as weight is brought to bear on the seat or when shifting position throughout the day.
- Adjustable Back Rest: EQUSIT models are equipped with back rests that are easily adjustable in both height and angle. This means each person can adjust the back to meet their personal ergonomic and comfort requirements.
- Rugged Construction: EQUSIT chairs offer rugged construction and large diameter bases for safety.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
EQUSIT Saddle Drafting Chair - Model ESDC-83015
EQUSIT Saddle Drafting Chair with Folding Footrest and Base - Model ESDC-F-83016
- When dismounting from the EQUSIT the seat should be lowered. This will make both dismounting and remounted much easier. When mounting the foot rest can be used to "boost" oneself while the gas cylinder spring is used to elevate the seat to an appropriate height.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|ESDC-83015|| EQUSIT Saddle Drafting Chair with Footring, Black.|
|ESDC-F-83016|| EQUSIT Saddle Drafting Chair with Angle-adjustable Folding Footrest and Folding Base, Black.|