The CASSIOPEIA Desktop Sit-Stand Retrofit from ErgoVerse retrofits any stationary fixed-height desk into a sit-stand desk. These freestanding units require no modifications to the existing desk and can be set up in under 10 minutes. The 14" of height adjustment provide keyboard elevations up to 15" above the mounting surface height. The CASSIOPEIA is available in two widths, a Compact model with a 26.75" wide worksurface, and the Standard model that has an ample 35" wide top. With a top depth of 23", monitors can be positioned at an appropriate viewing distance and provide space for other desktop items. In short, the CASSIOPEIA gives you all the benefits of a sit-stand desk without compromising workspace. The keyboard tray is 12.75" deep to accommodate non-traditional central pointing devices and of course, traditional mice or trackballs. The Tray width varies with the model—26.75" wide on the Compact and 34.5" wide on the Standard—allowing plenty of space on both for even the largest ergonomic keyboards and mice.
The gas cylinder mechanism provides a countering force, greatly reducing the effort required when making height adjustments. The CASSIOPEIA also uses an X-style mechanism that moves the keyboard and work surfaces straight up and down. This lets workers remain in close proximity to other items on the desk whether standing or sitting. This means that it also works well in smaller work areas where the cantilever design common on many other sit-stand converters forces individuals to step away from the desk when moving to a standing position.
The CASSIOPEIA offers 12 keyboard height settings (a seated position 1" above the desk surface - and 11 additional settings ranging from 6.5" - 15" above the desk for standing applications). The worksurface is positioned 5" above the selected keyboard height setting. The 22.5" deep footprint means this sit-stand retrofit unit can work comfortably on desks as shallow as 23" deep.
Reduces the Risks Associated with Extended Sitting
- Studies have shown that sitting (and even standing) for prolonged periods of time is a risk factor for health. For those who work at stationary workstations, a desk that offers the option to sit and stand throughout the day will help break up those prolonged periods of unhealthy stationary work. The CASSIOPEIA Desktop Sit-Stand Retrofit facilitates easy adjustment of the workstation height to accommodate both sitting and standing positions whenever desired.
Low-Effort Height Adjustment
- The CASSIOPEIA provides 12 height settings (1 for sitting and 11 for standing) from 1" to 15" for the keyboard tray, and 6" to 20" for the worksurface, allowing quick and precise height adjustments for the desired workstation configuration (sitting, standing, or anything in-between).
Reduces the Risks Associated with Overreaching
- Unlike many other retrofit sit-stand desks, the CASSIOPEIA provides a generous 35" x 23" working area (DSS-36 model) with plenty of real estate for up to two monitors and other office devices such as calculators, phones, and tablets. Learn More About the Comfort Zone.
- Free Standing (No Drilling or Clamping): The CASSIOPEIA is ideal for deployment where modifications to existing workstations, such as drilling into the desk, are not permitted. The wide footprint of the base allows the unit to be positioned on a desk top without creating a tipping hazard. Pads underneath the base prevent scuffing or scratching of the desktop.
- Dual Monitor Mounting: The 35" wide worksurface of the DSS-36 model of the CASSIOPEIA provides enough space to support two average size monitors (with stands attached). The worksurface on both models of the CASSIOPEIA also has sufficient thickness to accommodate a clamp mount monitor arm(s), or a through-mount using the pre-drilled hole at the rear of the worksurface.
Note: The weight of additional mounting solutions should be taken into consideration when determining the overall weight load being placed upon the CASSIOPEIA.
- Gas Cylinder Mechanism: The CASSIOPEIA utilizes two gas cylinders (one for each side) to provide counterforce when moving the worksurface and keyboard tray up or down. Gas cylinders generally provide smoother movement than spring mechanisms and are quite dependable and durable over time.
- X-Style Vertical Motion: The CASSIOPEIA uses an X-Style mechanism which moves the keyboard and worksurface straight up vertically, letting the operator remain in close proximity to the mounting surface. This is in contrast to many retrofit desktop units have a cantilevering mechanism that moves the worksurface forward as it is raised. This motion pushes the operator back from the desk and may be a problem where space is limited.
- 12 Height-Adjustment Settings: In order to provide as many height settings as possible within the range of adjustment, the CASSIOPEIA has incorporated 11 incremental settings for standing, each lockable in position. This makes it easier to achieve the same height settings each time when transitioning from sitting to standing or vice versa.
- Standard or Compact Models: The CASSIOPEIA comes in two different widths, 35" width (DSS-36) and 27" width (DSS-27). The smaller, compact model is ideal for smaller spaces such as corners or smaller desks.
- Increased Keyboard Depth and Width: The keyboard tray on the CASSIOPEIA gives increased depth and width for the keyboard and tray, unlike many other retrofit desks. This allows ample room for a standard keyboard and mousing device (mouse, trackball, or central pointing device).
- Minimal Assembly Required: It takes about 5 - 10 minutes to assemble the CASSIOPEIA.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
CASSIOPEIA Desktop Sit-Stand Retrofit
CASSIOPEIA Desktop Sit-Stand Retrofit
CASSIOPEIA Desktop Sit-Stand Retrofit - Front View
CASSIOPEIA Desktop Sit-Stand Retrofit - Highest Position
CASSIOPEIA Desktop Sit-Stand Retrofit - Range of Heights
CASSIOPEIA Desktop Sit-Stand Retrofit - Keyboard Tray Size Comparison
CASSIOPEIA Desktop Sit-Stand Retrofit - Work Surface Size Compariso
CASSIOPEIA Desktop Sit-Stand Retrofit - Model Comparison
CASSIOPEIA Desktop Sit-Stand Retrofit - Model DSS-27
CASSIOPEIA Desktop Sit-Stand Retrofit - Model DSS-36
CASSIOPEIA Desktop Sit-Stand Retrofit - In Use
CASSIOPEIA Desktop Sit-Stand Retrofit - In Use Standing Position
- CASSIOPEIA Sit-Stand Model Specification Comparison Guide: PDF
- CASSIOPEIA Desktop Sit-Stand Retrofit User Manual: PDF
- Mechanism: Gas-cylinder Lift - Dual Side-mounted Latch Releases
- Work Surface & Keyboard Tray Thickness: 0.625"
- Upper Surface Dimensions:
DSS-27 Compact: 26.75" W x 23.25" D
DSS-36 Standard: 35" W x 23.25" D
- Keyboard Tray Dimensions:
DSS-27 Compact: 26.75" W x 12.75" D
DSS-36 Standard: 34.5" W x 12.75"
- Footprint on Desk:
DSS-27 Compact: 23" W x 22.5" D
DSS-36 Standard: 31.5" W x 22.5" D
- Overall Depth (including keyboard surface): 31.2"
- Height Adjustment Range: 14" Total Range
Keyboard Surface Adjustment Range (above desk surface)
- Seated Position: 1"
- Standing Positions: 11 settings varying from 5.5" - 15".Note: The upper worksurface is positioned 5" above any chosen keyboard height setting.
Upper Surface Adjustment Range (above desk surface)
- Seated Position: 6"
- Standing Positions: 11 settings varying from 10.5" - 20"). Note: The keyboard tray is always positioned 5" below the upper worksurface height setting.
- Weight Capacity:
Keyboard Tray: Up to 4.4 lbs (2 kg)
Upper Worksurface: Up to 35 lbs (15.9 kg)
Combined Total Capacity: 6.5 - 35 lbs (3 - 15.9 kg)
- Colour: Black
- Warranty: 2 year
- Package Contents: ErgoVerse CASSIOPEIA Desktop Sit-Stand Retrofit, Instructions
- Assembly Time: 5-10 minutes
- Tools Required: Phillips Screwdriver
- To raise or lower the CASSIOPEIA, simultaneously squeeze the release paddles on both sides. With the paddles squeezed, raise or lower the work surface to the desired height and then release the paddles to engage the locking mechanism. The unit will then lock into place at the next highest position.
- Move between standing and sitting on a regular basis. If you are just starting out with a sit-stand desk, maintain yourself in the standing position for brief intervals - don't try to stand for extended periods until your body has adjusted and become comfortable.
- If you find standing tiring, consider purchasing a quality anti-fatigue mat such as the MATAR which can significantly increase your comfort by encouraging you to flex and shift your legs and feet while you work.
- Consider a "leaning" style of seat rather than going back to the standard office chair. Using a seat such as this can ease the load on the feet and legs while still providing most of the benefits of the fully upright standing posture.
- Ensure that your monitors are positioned at an appropriate height. A good guideline is to keep the top edge of the monitor equal to or slightly higher than your eye height. This will encourage an upright posture which keeps the head properly balance and supported by the spine.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|DSS-27|| CASSIOPEIA Desktop Sit-Stand Retrofit, Compact, Black CASSIOPEIA PROMO PRICE: $30 OFF REGULAR $229.00|
|DSS-36|| CASSIOPEIA Desktop Sit-Stand Retrofit, Standard, Black CASSIOPEIA PROMO PRICE: $30 OFF REGULAR $329.00|
|PMA-BLK|| PROXIMA Lateral Monitor Arm, Single Monitor, Black|
|PMA-SIL|| PROXIMA Lateral Monitor Arm, Single Monitor, Silver|
|CM07|| Aidata Cable Tube, Black|