| Additional Resources Usage Tips |
The Standard Atlas Book Holder from Dainoff Designs is designed to support heavy books and other reference materials at ergonomically appropriate reading angles. With its 3" deep shelf, and movable metal dowel page stoppers to ensure materials stay open at the correct page, the Standard Atlas Book Holder easily accommodates books and texts in a wide range of formats—from paperbacks to oversized, hard cover books, two-inch binders, product catalogues and even tablets. Loose papers, magazines and other slim documents are kept upright, organized and accessible by a moveable, spring-loaded disk (shown in the Images section on the Detailed Specifications page). A reversible, counterbalanced line guide helps users remain oriented in the text, and a three-inch cutout in the shelf accommodates routing of charging cables.
The Standard Atlas Book Holder is made of vinyl-coated MDF with smoothly curved edges. It is available with a black finish, or with a wood grain finish in birch, cherry or mahogany. The metal dowel page stoppers, spring-loaded clip, and line-guide are all included by default, and can also be purchased separately.
Note: Atlas Book Holders are not designed for use as inline copy holders.
Reduces Strain on the Neck and Upper Back
- The Standard Atlas Book Holder allows users to maintain healthy alignment of the spine through the neck, shoulders and upper back. The adjustable shelf lets materials be positioned at a comfortable viewing height. When this is combined with the easy angle adjustment, the book holder helps users avoid repeatedly looking down at the desk. This decreases the potential for strain at the back of the neck and in the upper back as the head can now be held in a much more neutral position, reducing the risk of repetitive strain injuries (RSI) and headaches.
Reduces Strain on the Hands, Arms and Shoulders
- The Standard Atlas Book Holder offers hands-free reading at work, at home and at college. The Atlas Standard is able to support heavy binders, user manuals and case documents, novels and large cookbooks, and heavy medical and legal text books.
Reduces Eye Fatigue and Strain
- The free-standing Atlas Book Holder can be placed at the recommended viewing distance whether reading for pleasure, or referencing materials adjacent to the monitor at work. As well, viewing documents at an angle approximately perpendicular to the line of sight eliminates the perspective distortion created when documents are laid flat upon the surface. This means that the eyes are not required to be constantly changing focus while moving up or down the page which can significantly decrease the risk of fatigue to the muscles of the eyes. The high viewing angles which the Standard Atlas Book Holder is capable of makes it well suited to address these concerns.
- Viewing materials with perspective distortion requires the brain to process more data in order to compensate and interpret the data correctly. This is especially valid when viewing written documents laid flat on a work surface. Since more concentration and effort is required to accurately comprehend the content both the speed at which content can be read as well as the level of comprehension are improved when material is oriented closer to the plane perpendicular to the line of sight.
- Simple Wood and Dowel Construction: The time-tested simplicity of its design and construction makes the Atlas Book Holder a practical solution for users of all ages and technical abilities. Securing documents, raising and lowering the shelf, and adjusting the viewing angle are all quickly and easily accomplished by moving the metal dowels.
- Adjustable Viewing Angles: A reversible, triangular support block at the rear allows the easel to be positioned at eleven separate angles between 13° and 62° from vertical.
- Pencil Groove: A pencil groove on the base provides convenient storage for writing implements and unneeded page stoppers.
- Reversible Line Guide: The simple, practical design of the line-guide allows it to be used in two different ways— the narrow block helps users navigate columns of text or data, the wide block helps readers remain oriented in written text.
- Spring-Loaded Document Clip: Spring-loaded disk can be mounted through any available dowel hole on the easel to clip loose papers into place, and to keep light-weight papers upright and tidy.
- Page Stoppers: Metal dowels can be placed through any available dowel hole on the shelf to prevent books from closing and keep reference materials in the desired position.
- Sturdy Construction: The Atlas Standard Book Holder is made of 0.5" MDF with rounded corners and edges, seamlessly coated with vinyl.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Standard Atlas Book Holder - features
Standard Atlas Book Holder - weight tolerance
Standard Atlas Book Holder - page holder
Standard Atlas Book Holder - accessories
Standard Atlas Book Holder - Birch
Standard Atlas Book Holder - Cherry
Standard Atlas Book Holder - Mahogany
Standard Atlas Book Holder - Black
Standard Atlas Book Holder - Charging Cable Slot for Tablets
- Dimensions of Base: 11" (28 cm) x 11" (28 cm) x 0.5" (1.3 cm)
- Dimensions of Easel (with shelf at lowest position: 13" (33 cm) x 11" (28 cm) x 0.5" (1.3 cm)
- Dimensions of Shelf: 14.5" (36.8 cm) x 3" (7.6 cm) x 0.5" (1.3 cm)
- Max. Height of Easel (above work surface, at max. inclination): 14" (36 cm)
- Min. Height of Easel (above work surface, at min. inclination): 8" (20 cm)
- Easel Height Adjustment Increments: 1.25" (3.2 cm)
- Metal Dowel Page Stoppers: Two short, three long
- Viewing Angles: Easel can be positioned at angles ranging from a maximum of 62° to a minimum of 13° (from vertical).
- Max. Capacity of Spring-loaded Disk: 2" (5 cm) stack of loose leaf papers
- Construction: 0.5" (1.3 cm) vinyl-coated MDF
- Warranty: 1 Year, limited to defects in material and workmanship, and to replacement or repair of the book holder.
- Package Contents: Standard Atlas Book Holder, Reversible Line Guide, Spring Loaded Document Clip, Page Stopper Dowel Set (2 short, 2 long), User Guide
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|AT-STD-BIR|| Standard Atlas Book Holder, Birch|
|AT-STD-BLK|| Standard Atlas Book Holder, Black|
|AT-STD-CHE|| Standard Atlas Book Holder, Cherry|
|AT-STD-MAH|| Standard Atlas Book Holder, Mahogany|
|AT-PS|| Replacement Page Stoppers|
|AT-LG|| Replacement Reversible Line Guide|
|AT-SC|| Replacement Spring-loaded Clip|