Page last updated: Thu, 14-Nov-2019 14:36:09
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Atlas Ultraby Dainoff Designs
| Usage Tips |
The Atlas Ultra book holder from Dainoff Designs is a portable version of the Standard Atlas Book Holder. The efficient design of the Atlas Ultra means that it can serve well as a document holder, a book holder, or even as a tablet or laptop holder. This makes it a versatile accessory for any workstation.
The Atlas Ultra has two fixed settings of 15° and 30° off the vertical, permitting users to choose the viewing angle best suited to their work and height. The modular designs means it can easily be assembled and disassembled in 30 seconds. In order to create this more compact version of the Atlas Book Holder the Atlas Ultra is machined from high density rigid Trespa or Formica. Two short and two long metal dowel page stoppers (not shown) are included to ensure that books and binders stay open at the correct page. The height adjustable shelf features 22 stopper holes in order to accommodate the widest range of books and documents.
Reduces Strain on the Neck and Upper Back
- The Atlas Ultra book holder allows users to maintain healthy alignment of the spine through the neck, shoulders and upper back. The adjustable shelf lets materials be positioned at a comfortable viewing height. When this is combined with the easy angle adjustment, the book holder helps users avoid repeatedly looking down at the desk. This decreases the potential for strain at the back of the neck and in the upper back as the head can now be held in a much more neutral position, reducing the risk of repetitive strain injuries (RSI) and headaches.
Reduces Strain on the Hands, Arms and Shoulders
- The Atlas Ultra offers hands-free reading at work, at home and at college. The 3" deep shelf on the Atlas Ultra is able to support even oversized books and heavy binders, user manuals and case documents, novels and large cookbooks, and heavy medical and legal text books.
Reduces Eye Fatigue and Strain
- The free-standing Atlas Ultra Book Holder can be placed at the recommended viewing distance whether reading for pleasure, or referencing materials adjacent to the monitor at work. As well, viewing documents at an angle approximately perpendicular to the line of sight eliminates the perspective distortion created when documents are laid flat upon the surface. This means that the eyes are not required to be constantly changing focus while moving up or down the page which can significantly decrease the risk of fatigue to the muscles of the eyes. The high viewing angles which the Atlas Ultra Book Holder is capable of makes it well suited to address these concerns.
- Viewing materials with perspective distortion requires the brain to process more data in order to compensate and interpret the data correctly. This is especially valid when viewing written documents laid flat on a work surface. Since more concentration and effort is required to accurately comprehend the content both the speed at which content can be read as well as the level of comprehension are improved when material is oriented closer to the plane perpendicular to the line of sight.
- Adjustable Viewing Height: The shelf on the Atlas Ultra Book Holder is easily raised to bring reading materials to an ergonomic viewing height. This reduces the need to bend the neck to view lower portions of the page. Of course, heavier books or binders need to be positioned at a height which keeps them securely positioned on the book holder.
- Adjustable Viewing Angle: The Atlas Ultra can be positioned at two viewing angles: 15° or 30° from vertical. This quick and easy adjustment allows convenient viewing for working and reading, further reducing the need to bend the neck.
- Versatile: The 14" wide, 3" deep shelf holds all kinds of documents — large, awkward, small, bound, loose-leaf, single sheet, fan-fold, stapled, etc. The page stoppers ensure that three-ring binders and thick manuals can also be accommodated.
- Pencil Groove: The handy pencil groove provides convenient storage for page stoppers, pens and pencils.
- Sturdy: The attractive yet heavy-duty construction allows the holder to support documents weighing over 25 lbs, so it will accommodate dictionary, reference book, medical, law or other text books.
- Durable: The Atlas Ultra is formed of durable high quality FORMICA or TRESPA. With care it will provide years of use.
- Portable: The Atlas Ultra features a modular design which makes it much better suited to use in multiple locations. It can be broken down or setup in less than 30 seconds. However, it does weigh 5.5 lbs.
- Multi-Purpose Design: Atlas Book Holders can also work well as Tablet or Laptop/Notebook holders. Easily strong enough to support any size of laptop or tablet, the adjustable height and viewing angle makes them well-suited to serve in this additional capacity.
- OPTIONAL Reversible Line Guide: The simple, practical design of the line-guide allows it to be used in two different ways — the narrow block helps users navigate columns of text or data, the wide block helps readers remain oriented in written text.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Atlas Ultra Book Holder
Atlas Ultra Book Holder - Silver Grey
Altlas Ultra Book Holder - Quick Assembly Design
Atlas Ultra Book Holder - Optional Line Guide Accessory
Atlas Ultra Book Holder for Binders
Atlas Ultra Book Holder for Large Volumes
- Footprint: 11" x 11"
(27.9 cm x 27.9 cm)
- Back Width: 11" (27.9 cm)
- Back Depth (front to back): 0.3" (0.8 cm)
- Back Height: 14.5" (36.8 cm)
- Shelf Width: 14" (35.6 cm)
- Shelf Depth (front to back): 3" (7.6 cm)
- Shelf Thickness: 0.3" (0.8 cm)
- Overall Height: 13.25" to 14.75" (33.6 cm
to 37.5 cm)
- Weight: 5.5 lbs (2.49 kg)
- Height Adjustment: 10 positions with 1.25"
(3.2 cm) spacing for a
total adjustment range of
11.25" (28.6 cm)
- Angle Adjustment: 2 positions for a total
adjustment range of
(from vertical, ±1°)
- Shelf: 22 page stopper positions
(will hold documents larger
than shelf dimensions)
- Shelf Attachment to Back: Tongue and groove.
- Back: Will hold documents larger
than back dimensions
- Page Stoppers: Metal dowels, 3/16"
(0.5 cm) diameter, 2 short
(1.25"-1.5") (3.2 cm to 3.8
cm) & 2 long (2.5") (6.4
- Capacity: Over 25 lbs (11.34 kg)
- Materials: Trespa or Formica
- Warranty: All products are guaranteed for one year against defects in material and workmanship. This warranty is limited to replacment or repair of the book holder.
- Package Contents: Atlas Ultra Book Holder, User Guide
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|AT-ULT-BEI|| Ultra model, stone beige|
|AT-ULT-BK|| Ultra model, black|
|AT-ULT-SG|| Ultra model, silver/grey|
|AT-ULT-WP|| Ultra model, wild pear|
|AT-PS|| Replacement Page Stoppers|
|AT-LG|| Replacement Reversible Line Guide|