Page last updated: Fri, 13-Sep-2019 15:38:22
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Unimouseby Contour Design Inc.
| Usage Tips Accessories |
The Unimouse from Contour Design is designed to encourage the user to change hand position throughout the day or as discomfort is detected. It incorporates a 35° - 70° friction-based tilt mechanism and a fully articulating thumb support which is designed to adapt the mouse to fit the dimensions of most hands. The Unimouse is available in models for both Right and Left-handed users.
Employing the tilt mechanism enables the user to reduce the risks associated with pronation of the forearm. With the 35° - 70° range of adjustment most users should be able to find a vertical orientation which is comfortable to them. The friction-based locking system also permits the user to incrementally adjust the angle throughout the day, in response to the particular work being performed or responding to negative feedback which their body may be providing. The vertical tilt is complemented by the articulating thumb support which can be adjusted through a full 3-D range. Utilizing the pivot, slide and pull-out options on the thumb support lets users adapt the mouse for hand length and width, fine-tuning the dimensions to fit their exact needs. As with the tilt option - if discomfort is detected the user can effortlessly make minor adjustments while seeking an optimum position. Because none of the adjustments on the Unimouse are actually "locked in" any user who wishes to avoid static posture of the hand has the option of encouraging postural change by changing the Unimouse body angle and thumb support position at any time.
The Unimouse is equipped with a 10 level sensor that reads from 800 - 2800 DPI. Sensitivity adjustment is via a single button located on the top of the base, just behind the 2-colour indicators. This frees users to adjust the mouse as needed for basic or fine control movements. The three low-force buttons have a 20 million click rating and feature crisp activation with an audible click. These provide access to Left, Middle and Right Clicks. An on-board shortcut gives the user the option of switching the Middle Click button to perform a Double Click with Auto Scroll/Scroll Lock remaining accessible via the scroll wheel click. The scroll wheel is equipped with a rubber tire for grip and has distinct but soft detents.
Users who like to customize their mouse will appreciate the wide range of programmable options that are available. There are six programmable buttons which can be reassigned to perform any standard mouse action as well as a host of speciality actions. For users with a good memory the available PC and Mac compatible drivers also offer the option of setting "program specific" command layouts. In the program specific mode only 5 buttons remain accessible for programming.
Users who prefer the freedom of a wireless device have the option of considering the Unimouse Wireless.
- The Unimouse features a default minimum angle of 35° with a user-selectable range up to 70°. This minimizes the pronation of the forearm and can reduce the risk of developing physical issues related to this position.
Learn More About Pronation
Adjusts to Hand
- The Articulating Thumb Support offers additional customization that standard one-piece mice are unable to provide. With the ability to pivot, slide, and extend the thumb support users are able to adjust for both the length and width of their hand.
Encourages Postural Activity
- The adjustable angle and articulating thumb support let users tweak and adapt the mouse to their comfort throughout the day. This way, if they begin to feel discomfort in a specific area, they can adjust the mouse to find a position which relieves this discomfort.
Eliminates Risk of Trigger Finger
- Because the fingers can rest comfortably against the buttons without activating clicks users are able to let their fingers relax. There is no need to curl them back in anticipation of a click, an action which can lead to the development of Trigger Finger.
Learn More About Trigger Finger.
Reduces Pain and Force of Clicking
- The Unimouse features light-activation buttons which require minimal force to activate.
No Learning Curve
- The traditional design of the Unimouse means that it can be used without a learning curve. Other than having a third button the Unimouse operates as does any common mouse. The button action is crisp, with a clearly audible activation click.
Full Access to the Middle Mouse Button
- Unlike many mice, the middle mouse button is fully accessible to provide macroscroll/autoscroll functionality.
- Angle Adjustable from 35°-70°: The Unimouse is designed to accommodate the specific needs of the widest range of users. The body of the mouse can tilt from 35°-70° in order to accomplish this.
- ATS (Articulating Thumb Support) Feature: The full 3-D Articulating Thumb Support on the Unimouse features a ball joint which permits users to fine tune the angle of the support to meet their needs. In addition to the ball joint the thumbrest also has a back/forward range of adjustment which can be employed to adjust the thumb support to fit longer and shorter hands and thumbs. The third movement is the in/out motion which users can employ to effectively adjust the width of the mouse to match the width of their hand.
- Crisp Scolling: The Unimouse scroll wheel is rubber coated for smooth movement and features crisp detents.
- Textured Pinkie Zone: The resting zone for the pinkie finger has a textured grip to assist in control of the Unimouse.
- Convex Contoured Buttons: The convex shape of the buttons guides the fingers to the center resting point of each button.
- Back/Forward Thumb Buttons: Browsing Back and Forward is easily accomplished via the thumb activated buttons located just above the articulating thumb support.
- Optional "Double Click" Function: Users are able to quickly switch the middle button from activating the default Scroll Lock function to performing a Double Click. This is achieved via a simple on-board shortcut.
- 10 Sensor Level Settings: An indicator panel at the front of the base features 2-colour LEDs to aid in selecting the pointer speed best suited to the activity being performed. The Cursor Speed button is positioned just behind the bank of LED indicators. The settings vary from 800 DPI all the way up to 2800 DPI ensuring that accuracy and speed are both available on the Unimouse.
- Multiple Platform Compatibility: The Unimouse is compatible with both Windows and Mac.
- Fully Programmable: The Unimouse features 6 programmable buttons. Using the driver, commands can be reassigned and custom options set for all buttons. 5 buttons are supported in the Program Specific layouts. Both PC and Mac drivers are available via the manufacturer's support page.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Contour Design Unimouse
Unimouse - Inside Profile
Unimouse - Front View
Unimouse - Outside View
Unimouse - Top View (Open)
Unimouse - Top View (Closed)
Unimouse - Inside View
- Unimouse Tilting Body: VIDEO
- Articulating Thumb Support: PDF
- Unimouse Detailed User Guide: PDF
Depth (front-to-back): 4.7" (11.9 cm)
- Minimum: 3.125" (7.9 cm)
- Maximum(with thumbrest fully extended: 3.5" (8.9 cm)
- Minimum: 2.5" (6.4 cm)
- Maximum (at highest angle of elevation): 3.5" (8.9 cm)
- Angle Adjustment (Body): 35° - 70° (friction-based resistance lock)
- Weight: 4.5 oz (128 grams)
- Cord Length: 79.0" (2.0 m)
- Sensor: Pixart (PMW3330)
- DPI Settings: 800, 1000, 1200, 1400, 1600, 1800, 2000, 2200, 2400, 2600, 2800
- Button Activation Rating: 20 Million Clicks
- Interface: USB
- Compatibility: Plug and Play
- Programmability: 6 Buttons for custom programming (Left, Middle, Right, Scroll Click, Forward and Back (driver required - see below)
- Drivers Available: Windows and Mac users can access drivers here.
- Colour: Slate
- Package Contents: Unimouse, User Quickstart Guide, Feature Card
- Warranty: 2 Years (manufacturer direct only)
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|UNIMOUSE|| Contour Design Unimouse, Right-hand model|
|UNIMOUSE-L|| Contour Design Unimouse, Left-hand model|