| Additional Resources Accessories |
The Plastic Adjustable Foot Rest with Metal Base from 3M provides a large non-locking platform surface that features foot-activated tilt ± 20° from level. The base of the foot rest is formed from lightweight sheet steel for weight and stability while the foot platform is of rigid plastic with an embedded softer anti-slip surface layer. Softly raised bumps on the surface aid in keeping the feet in position and can offer a massaging effect when footwear is removed. The platform can be set to either 4" or 4.75" and is completed using wing nuts and thumb screw connectors. 3M Safety Walk anti-slip material is used on the underside to ensure the foot rest remains securely positioned.
Reduces Strain on the Foot and Ankle
- Many office workers position one foot forward of the other while sitting, putting the foot into a position called plantar flexion. Plantar flexion shortens the muscles of the backs of the legs. Over time, sustained plantar flexion can cause the calf muscles to become tight and stiff which, in turn, can lead to a range of uncomfortable symptoms in the foot. The non-locking platform on the Plastic Adjustable Foot Rest with Metal Base permits users to flex the ankle joint easily back and forth, promoting healthy movement at the joint, and reducing strain caused by sustained plantar flexion, or sustained dorsiflexion. These frequent small movements also promote better circulation, helping to reduce the risk of blood clots and varicose veins.
Improves Upper Body Posture
- The Plastic Adjustable Foot Rest with Metal Base provides a stable and supportive surface which encourages correct utilization of the chair backrest rather than "perching" on the front edge of the seat. This improved posture can reduce the risk of upper back, shoulder and neck pain.
Reduces Negative Effects of Prolonged Sitting
- By properly supporting the feet and legs, a footrest takes potential pressure off the backs of the thighs and relieves strain on the lower back.
Can Reduce Potential Pressure and Restriction of Circulation
- Shorter individuals often have their chair elevated in order to achieve appropriate positioning at the desk. This can leave their legs "dangling" which can result in pressure against the back of the thighs, potentially restricting circulation. The Plastic Adjustable Foot Rest with Metal Base offers settings of 4" and 4.75", generally sufficient enough to reduce or even eliminate these pressure points - encouraging unimpeded circulation.
Promotes Good Circulation in the Feet and Legs
- Non-locking, tilting platforms encourage regular foot movement and ankle flexing, promoting good circulation which can help to reduce the risk of blood clots and varicose veins.
- Height Adjustable: The Plastic Adjustable Foot Rest with Metal Base offers two height options. Changing the height is a simple adjustment performed using wing nut/thumb screw combination connectors.
- Non-Locking, Tilting Platform: Encourages movement at the ankles and promotes circulation throughout the workday.
- Textured Surface for Comfort: Softly raised bumps on the foot platform can provide a massaging effect when footwear is removed as well as assisting in keeping the feet in position when the platform is angled.
- Slip Resistant Surface: The platform surface material offers resistance to slippage when the foot rest is angled.
- Robust Construction: The Plastic Adjustable Foot Rest with Metal Base features a lightweight sheet steel construction for longevity.
- Stable: The large footprint and weight of this foot rest ensures stability. The base is equipped with anti-slip pads to keep the foot rest from shifting position on the floor.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Plastic Adjustable Foot Rest with Metal Base
- Position your chair to the appropriate height prior to adjusting your footrest. This will ensure that you are able to properly access your worksurface. Once your seating height is selected, then adjust the footrest to a height which positions your knees slightly below your hips. The height should be sufficient to ensure that there are no pressure points against the back of the thighs at the edge of your seat
- Flex your ankles and feet by taking advantage of the freely tilting platform. This encourages circulation in the feet and lower legs and may aid in reducing some of the health risks associated with static sitting.
- Once your foot rest is correctly positioned make a point of sitting back in your chair and letting the backrest provide your back with the appropriate support. Not only is this good for the health of your back - it will also be more restful and has the potential to significantly reduce the risk of developing lower back pain due to poor posture. It may well also result in a more relaxed back, neck and shoulders with an accompanying reduction in end-of-day fatigue.
- Once your chair and footrest are correctly positioned ensure that appropriate adjustments are made to your monitor height. If you move from a "perching" posture to sitting back in your chair with correct upright posture you will most likely need to elevate your monitor since your head will be elevated and your line of sight will naturally follow suit.
- Take advantage of the "massage" bumps on the foot platform. If you are comfortable working without footwear you may well find that the bumps can provide a degree of comfortable stimulation for the soles of your feet. Some people find that stimulating the nerves in the feet triggers an energizing effect.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|FR330|| Non-Locking Adjustable Foot Rest with Metal Base|