| Additional Resources Accessories |
The Metal Adjustable Foot Rest from 3M offers an oversized non-locking platform surface that features foot-activated tilt ± 16° from level. The entire foot rest is formed from lightweight sheet steel assembled to create a sturdy foot support. A single height adjustment from 4" to 4.75" can be performed using wing nuts and thumb screw connectors. Specialized 3M Safety Walk anti-slip material covers the entire platform surface to aid in maintaining foot position and is also used on the underside to ensure the foot rest remains securely positioned.
Reduces Strain on the Foot and Ankle
- Many office workers position one foot forward of the other while sitting, putting the foot into a position called plantar flexion. Plantar flexion shortens the muscles of the backs of the legs. Over time, sustained plantar flexion can cause the calf muscles to become tight and stiff which, in turn, can lead to a range of uncomfortable symptoms in the foot. The non-locking platform on the Metal Adjustable Foot Rest permits users to flex the ankle joint easily back and forth, promoting healthy movement at the joint, and reducing strain caused by sustained plantar flexion, or sustained dorsiflexion. These frequent small movements also promote better circulation, helping to reduce the risk of blood clots and varicose veins.
Improves Upper Body Posture
- The 3M Metal Adjustable Foot Rest provides a stable and supportive surface which encourages correct utilization of a chair back rather than "perching" on the front edge of the seat. This improved posture can reduce the risk of upper back, shoulder and neck pain.
Reduces Negative Effects of Prolonged Sitting
- By properly supporting the feet and legs, a foot rest takes potential pressure off the backs of the thighs and relieves strain on the lower back.
Can Reduce Potential Pressure and Restriction of Circulation
- Shorter individuals often have their chair elevated in order to achieve appropriate positioning at the desk. This can leave their legs "dangling" which can result in pressure against the back of the thighs, potentially restricting circulation. The Metal Adjustable Foot Rest offers settings of 4" and 4.75", generally sufficient enough to reduce or even eliminate these pressure points - encouraging unimpeded circulation.
Promotes Good Circulation in the Feet and Legs
- Non-locking, tilting platforms encourages back and forth foot movement, promoting good circulation which can help to reduce the risk of blood clots and varicose veins.
- Height Adjustment: The Metal Adjustable Foot Rest offers a single height adjustment - from 4" to 4.75" to assist users in finding the correct height. The simple adjustment is performed using wing nut/thumb screw combination connectors.
- Non-Locking, Tilting Platform: Encourages movement at the ankles and promotes circulation throughout the workday.
- Large Platform: The large 22" x 13.75" surface on the Metal Adjustable Foot Rest provides plenty of resting surface, even for larger feet.
- Slip Resistant Surface: The entire foot platform is covered in 3M Safety Walk anti-slip material to keep feet from sliding when the foot rest is angled.
- Robust Construction: The Metal Adjustable Foot Rest features a lightweight sheet steel construction for longevity.
- Stable: The large footprint and weight of this foot rest ensures stability. The base is equipped with anti-slip pads to keep the foot rest from shifting position on the floor.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Metal Adjustable Foot Rest
- Position your chair to the appropriate height prior to adjusting your footrest. This will ensure that you are able to properly access your worksurface. Once your seating height is selected, then adjust the footrest to a height which positions your knees slightly below your hips. The height should be sufficient to ensure that there are no pressure points against the back of the thighs at the edge of your seat
- Flex your ankles and feet by taking advantage of the freely tilting platform. This encourages circulation in the feet and lower legs and may aid in reducing some of the health risks associated with static sitting.
- Once your foot rest is correctly positioned make a point of sitting back in your chair and letting the backrest provide your back with the appropriate support. Not only is this good for the health of your back - it will also be more restful and has the potential to significantly reduce the risk of developing lower back pain due to poor posture. It may well also result in a more relaxed back, neck and shoulders with an accompanying reduction in end-of-day fatigue.
- Once your chair and footrest are correctly positioned ensure that appropriate adjustments are made to your monitor height. If you move from a "perching" posture to sitting back in your chair with correct upright posture you will most likely need to elevate your monitor since your head will be elevated and your line of sight will naturally follow suit.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|FR530CB|| Metal Adjustable Foot Rest|