| Additional Resources Accessories |
The Focal Twister Active Seat from Safco Products is a lightweight portable seat that encourages users to actively engage in subtle movements while still remaining seated. The Twister features a slightly curved base that enables continuous rocking movements in all directions. At 20" tall the Twister is suitable for use at a traditional office desk or table height. The round-edged EVA Foam seat cushion provides a comfortable seating experience, whether for just a couple of minutes or for more extended periods. The Twister is constructed with a structural polyurethane foam support column and a rubberized non-slip reinforced Nylon base.
Note: The Twister Active Seat is not designed or intended as a long-term seating solution and as such should not be considered for this application. There are numerous other traditional and alternative seating solutions much better suited for long-term sitting.
"Active Working" Dynamic
- The base of the Twister Active Seat is slightly curved to encourage a greater degree of movement while seated. Users looking for "free movement" and more of a "leaning stance" should consider other options such as the Pivot or Mobis seats which offer a much greater degree of freedom in achieving this movement. The ability to move or rock the Twister can encourage users to actively move their body throughout the day. This movement can benefit the entire body as it will exercise core muscles in addition to the muscles of the legs. Flexing of the muscles of the legs is difficult when in a traditional standing position and can lead to swelling of the lower legs (edema) as blood and fluid collects in them. Relaxed activation of those muscles is encouraged by the Twister Active Seat as the muscles are employed to shift or rock the seat throughout the day. As well, because the Twister carries the primary weight load these muscles are not held in constant tension but can be easily flexed, even when not rocking. Although minimal, this minor flexing aids in moving fluids back into the circulatory system.
- Many people who have adopted the concept of Standing to Work have discovered that standing all day is actually tiring, especially on the feet and legs. For those who are pursuing a more healthy and active lifestyle, standing while working can actually reduce their ability to achieve this goal. The reason is that by the end of the day some may find that their legs and feet are already exhausted and require a rest. As a result, rather than having energy to pursue their recreational activities at the end of the day, those people find themselves seeking respite from activity. By taking regular breaks throughout the day and resting on a Twister in a more traditional seated posture, while still retaining a degree of movement, they will be able to end their day without the fatigue that continuous standing will generate.
- Active Seating Base: The base of the Focal Twister Active Seat has a curved base that permits users to freely tilt the seat. By shifting their weight in different directions users are able to generate a degree of rocking motion. Because the curve is limited the Twister still offers excellent stability, even while permitting the freedom of movement.
- Comfortable: The EVA Foam seat cushion has a waterfall edge to reduce the risk of pressure points against the back of the thighs.
- Portable: The Twister is lightweight, just 6 lbs. Easy movement between locations is accommodated by a convenient carrying loop.
- Storable: At just 20" high the Twister is easily stored below any desk.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Focal Twister Active Seat
Focal Twister Active Seat - Top View
- Don't expect the Twister to provide freely rocking movement. The design of the Twister is geared more to smaller subtle movements and does require a more active participation of the user to accomplish this. If a free and "instinctive" movement is desired you may wish to consider a Pivot or Mobis seat as an alternative.
- Avoid using the Twister Active Seat for extended sitting. This posture tilts the pelvis backwards and exerts high levels of stress on the lower lumbar region. This is compounded by the absence of a backrest which could possibly offset some of this stress by providing support to the lumbar region.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|2276BL|| Safco Twister Active Seat, 20" high, Black EVA Foam Seat|