Page last updated: Fri, 17-Nov-2017 15:11:40
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
TULEAN Sit-Stand Comfort Leaning Stoolby Mey Chair Systems
| Additional Resources Accessories |
The TULEAN Sit-Stand Comfort Leaning Stool is part of the Futura AF5 family of robust and functional sit-stand seats from Mey Chair Systems. All members of this family feature a heavy-duty, large diameter tubular steel base topped with a cushioning, infinitely-adjustable gas spring lift. A convenient tilt option lets the seat be positioned flat for sitting or angled forward up to 15° for leaning. Black textured powder-coating on the frame provides a pleasant appearance in addition to resisting marks and rust. Large plastic glides provide stable positioning and small rollers integrated into the rear glides enable users to easily move the 17.6 lb (8 kg) seats between working points.
The TULEAN model features a firm, padded seat with either a faux leather or fabric cover. Its appearance and comfortable cushioning make this model more suited to an office environment than others in this product family that might be more suited to a warehouse or manufacturing facility.
Gas spring lifts provide two ranges of adjustment which will meet the seating needs of almost any user, regardless of height. Model 11114 offers a range of 26" to 35.5" - suitable for users from about 5'2" to 6'6". Model 11127 has a seat height ranging from 22.5" - 29.5" and is best suited to users ranging from 4'5" to 5'5" tall. (Note: If there is a desire for a larger seat or thicker padding the EZSIT Comfort Elite Sit-Stand Leaning Stool, another member of this family, is worth considering.)
Reduces Strain on Knees
- Using the TULEAN in the leaning mode can result in a significant reduction in the stress on the knee joints as little effort is required to transition between leaning and standing fully upright. This transition between stances requires noticeably less effort than rising from a traditional chair.
Reduces Risk of Lower Limb Circulation Problems
- Static standing has been identified as a contributing factor in the development of edema (swelling of the lower legs). When the muscles of the lower legs are not being flexed their ability to pump blood and fluids through the circulatory system is restricted. Leaning or sitting on the TULEAN frees the user to flex the muscles of the lower legs and, by doing so, to encourage better circulation in the lower legs.
Helps to Improve the Health of the Body's Systems
- The conventional seated position (i.e. 90º bend) restricts both blood and fluid flows through the internal organs. A leaning position such as the TULEAN offers can be of benefit to the digestive and cardiovascular systems. The more upright stance reduces potential constrictions in the digestive tract and, by opening up the core and allowing the diaphragm to move more freely, can significantly increase cardiovascular activity.
Increases Mental Alertness
- The open core stance provided by the TULEAN, combined with the ability to flex the leg muscles, naturally increases cardiovascular activity. The increased activity facilitates more effective oxygenation of the brain and thereby contributes to a greater degree of mental alertness.
Reduces Risk of Lower Back Pain
- Standing with the feet flat for extended periods of time (such as at a standing desk or counter) requires the muscles of the lower back to remain in a state of constant tension (even more so if the abdominal muscles are weak.) As the muscles tire, the back tends to curve or arch, which can often lead to an unnatural and unhealthy degree of lordosis (sometimes referred to as "swayback"). Since some degree of unnatural curvature is already common to many back problems, a standing workstation has the potential to increase, rather than decrease, pain and fatigue. By employing a leaning stool such as the TULEAN, which tilts the pelvis slightly forward, users allow the spine to return to the natural, gently curved S-shape that provides the greatest strength, stability and support for the entire body. The unnatural, extreme curvature is eliminated, and the overworked muscles of the back are able to relax and recover.
Encourages Core Muscle Maintenance
- Traditional seating permits the core muscles to fully relax and become lazy. The semi-standing or leaning stance promoted by the TULEAN allows users to flex and relax the muscles of the back and core as they keep the torso stabilized during the work session. This helps to maintain muscle tone in those muscle groups without overtiring them.
Increases Movement for Better Health
- As users can move much more easily between the seated resting position and a fully standing position they will tend to exhibit a greater degree of movement and mobility throughout the day, potentially reducing some of the risk associated with extended sitting.
Extends Range of Movement of the User
- Working from a semi-standing position offers users a noticeable increase in range of motion and reach compared to conventional chairs or stools. This extends the Comfort Zone and allows access to a larger area of the work surface, while at the same time reducing the risk of overextension. Learn More About the Comfort Zone
- Wide Range of Seat Height Adjustment: The TULEAN is available in two height ranges. Model 11114 adjusts between 26" and 35.5". Model 11127 is better suited for shorter users with an adjustment range from 22.5" to 29.5".
- Padded Seat: The TULEAN provides more cushioning than some other models which use a noticeably firmer manufacturing or warehouse style of seat. The seat is polyurethane foam with either a faux leather or fabric cover. The faux leather is better suited to environments where cleaning may be needed. The fabric versions provide better comfort due to the breathability of the fabric.
- Rugged Construction: The large diameter tubular steel base is built to last for many years. Simplicity of design means a lower risk of failure.
- Cushioning Gas Spring: The gas spring that provides height adjustment also serves as a shock absorber to help absorb impact as the user sits down.
- Infinite Height Adjustment: Seat height can be easily adjusted to any point within the adjustment range. A simple hand-activated lever (similar to the mechanism on a standard office chair) releases the lock on the gas spring lift.
- Easy Transport Rollers: Small rollers are incorporated into the back of the base, enabling users to tip the stool for movement between work locations.
- Tilting Seat: The TULEAN seat can be tilted forward from 0° to 15° from horizontal. Adjustment is via a locking lever which enables infinite positioning.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
TULEAN Sit-Stand Comfort Leaning Stool
TULEAN Sit-Stand Comfort Leaning Stool in Use
Seat: 14.5" (37 cm) wide x 8.25" (21 cm) deep
- Height Adjustment:
Model 11114: 26.4" - 35.8" (67 cm - 91 cm)
Model 11127: 22.5" - 29.5" (57 cm - 75 cm)
- Tilt Range: Seat: 0° - 15°
- Padding Thickness: 1.5" (3.8 cm)
- Seat Coverings: Black Faux Leather or Black Fabric
- Base Footprint: 20" (50.8 cm) wide x 17" (43.2 cm) deep
- Weight: 17.6 lb (8 kg)
- Weight Rating: 264 lbs (120 kg)
- Warranty: 5 Years
- Package Contents: TULEAN Sit-Stand Comfort Leaning Stool, Assembly Guide Sheet
- Choose first whether you wish to sit or lean. Adjust the tilt of the seat accordingly.
- Select the correct height. When adjusting the height of the seat, aim to position yourself in a posture where the angle of your thighs is between 25º and 40º off the vertical. If you are unable to make comfortable contact with the seat you have likely set the seat too high.
- Consider adding an Anti-Fatigue Mat to your workstation. If you notice that you do not feel secure, or would like a cushioned surface for your feet to rest on, consider adding a non-slip Anti-Fatigue Mat to your workstation.
- Consider Bracing Your Feet. Some users of leaning stools find that bracing their feet against a sturdy, fixed bar or rail can substantially improve their comfort. Caution: Standard footrests are not recommended for this application.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|11114|| TULEAN Sit-Stand Comfort Leaning Stool, Black Leatherette Over PU Foam, Seat Height Range of 26" - 35.5", (AF5-H-KL)|
|11127|| TULEAN Sit-Stand Comfort Leaning Stool, Black Leatherette Over PU FoamSeat Height Range of 22.5" - 29.5", (AF5-H-KL-1225).|
|11135|| TULEAN Sit-Stand Comfort Leaning Stool, Black Fabric over PU Foam, Seat Height Range of 26" - 35.5", (AF5-H-KL)|
|11136|| TULEAN Sit-Stand Comfort Leaning Stool, Black Fabric over PU FoamSeat Height Range of 22.5" - 29.5", (AF5-H-KL-1225).|