| Additional Resources Usage Tips |
The Freestanding Adjustable InLine Document Holder from Vu Ryte (formerly known as the Vision Vu Free Standing Document Holder) straddles the base of a flat screen monitor to position documents and papers inline between the keyboard and monitor. This position eliminates the need to keep turning to the side or looking down at the desk surface to view reference materials, and helps to alleviate repetitive strain injuries to the muscles of the neck and shoulders. Placing reference materials inline, rather than to the side, can also help to relieve eye strain.
The document holder is available in two sizes: 18" wide and 14" wide. The easel on both models is 11" tall and is tilt-adjustable. The lower edge of the easel measures 1.25" to support even thick stacks of paper; a clear, 1" wide line guide keeps users oriented in the text and helps to keep documents in place.
Both the 18" and the 14" models are supported by 1" thick legs with non-adhesive stabilizers. The stabilizers cling to the desk surface helping to keep the document holder in place and allowing the easel to be cantilevered below the edge of the desk.
Note: The Freestanding Adjustable InLine Document Holder easily supports several sheets of loose leaf papers, stapled catalogues and reports when cantilevered over the edge of the desk. However, it would be wise to experiment with different easel angles and drop heights before assuming it will support a heavy three-ring binder or large-format book.
Reduces Neck and Shoulder Pain
- The Freestanding Adjustable InLine Document Holder allows users to place materials for reading or note-taking inline, between the keyboard and the monitor. Placing reference materials directly in front allows the user to avoid repeatedly turning the head or having to look down at the desk.
Reduces Risk of Injury to the Upper Back
- Users can place the transparent easel above the number row on many keyboards, allowing them to bring reference materials closer than they would otherwise be able to. This reduces the distance they must reach to turn pages or to make notations. It also frees space for other desktop tools to be better positioned within the Comfort Zone.
Learn More About the Comfort Zone.
- Height Adjustable: A sliding mechanism allows the easel to be positioned on the desk surface, as well as dropped down to overhang the edge of the desk by up to 8".
Note: Experiment with different easel angles, drop heights and loads to ensure stability when using the easel in this configuration.
- Tilt Adjustable: The angle of the easel can be adjusted from horizontal to virtually upright.
- Transparent Line Guide: A sliding, transparent, and non-magnified line guide helps to keep users oriented in the text, and keeps papers in place.
- Transparent Easel: The transparent easel allows users to see the keyboard and the desktop (subject to placement of reference materials).
- Paper Clamp: An adjustable clamp on the ledge helps to keep papers in place.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Freestanding Adjustable InLine Document Holder - 18DC
Freestanding Adjustable InLine Document Holder - 14DC
Freestanding Adjustable InLine Document Holder - Rear View
Freestanding Adjustable InLine Document Holder - Tilt and Height Adjustments
Freestanding Adjustable InLine Document Holder - Side Profile
Freestanding Adjustable InLine Document Holder - Optimum Document Positioning
Freestanding Adjustable InLine Document Holder - Size Comparison
- Width: 18" (45.7 cm); 14" (35.6 cm)
- Weight: 2 lbs (907 grams)
- Easel Height (Both Models):: 11" (28 cm)
- Angle Adjustability: 0° to approximately 90°
- Feet Colour:: Black
- Easel Colour: Transparent
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer's Limited
- Package Contents: Freestanding Adjustable InLine Document Holder
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|VUR-18DC|| 18" wide,
|VUR-14DC|| 14" wide,
|VUR-14LG|| Replacement line guide, 14”|
|VUR-18LG|| Replacement line guide, 18”|
|VUR-MCRSTB|| Microstabilizer Accessory Kit for VUR-14DC / VUR-18DC|