Page last updated: Mon, 18-Nov-2019 15:19:40
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Microdesk Document Holder and Writing Surfaceby The Good Use Company Limited
| Additional Resources |
The Microdesk Document Holder and Writing Surface provides an elevated secondary work surface directly between the keyboard and the monitor. Made of transparent, heavy-duty plastic, the Microdesk is designed to straddle the rear edge of the keyboard, creating a stable, sloping platform for hand-writing tasks, as well as support for documents, books, mobile devices and other workstation essentials such as calculators or sticky notes. By allowing simultaneous inline access to materials and to the keyboard, this multi-function accessory enhances workstation comfort and convenience. Users can avoid the discomfort of twisting to the side, or of reaching over the keyboard to write; or the inconvenience of having to move the keyboard aside whenever they want to jot down notes.
The Microdesk Document Holder and Writing Surface comes in two sizes--Regular (22" x 12") and Compact (17" x 12"). Both sizes have non-slip feet and can be adjusted for height and incline. Included are two removable paper ledges (10" long x 0.25" high or 10" long x 0.75" high) to support even the thickest stacks of paper (up to 100 pages), and a non-slip ruler/line guide. The 22" Regular Microdesk will accommodate most standard-width keyboards. The 17" Compact Microdesk will accommodate compact keyboards, mini keyboards and combination/all-in-one keyboards up to 15.75" wide.
Note: Height restrictions apply. Please see Usage Tips for information on using this product with splayed or tented keyboards, or with contoured keyboards such as the Kinesis Advantage keyboard.
Two different pairs of side accessories—Standard and Step—allow the Microdesk to be used either on a desk top, or "stepped down" with the front legs on a keyboard tray and the rear legs on the desk top. The Standard Side Accessories create the comfortably sloped surface of the desktop configuration. The Step Side Accessories configure the Microdesk for use with a keyboard arm and tray.
Note: Both pairs of side accessories will work on the desk top; however only the Step Side Accessories can be used with a keyboard tray. The stepped down configuration can be especially useful for those working with low monitors and for those who wear progressive lenses.
Standard Side Accessories are included by default with all models (MD-REG-STD, MD-COM-STD, MD-SS). Step Side Accessories are included by default only with model MD-SS. The Step Side Accessories are an optional add-on to the MD-REG-STD and the MD-COM-STD and must be purchased separately.
Eliminates Twisting at the Neck and Torso
- The Microdesk is designed to be positioned inline, above the rear edge of the keyboard and below the monitor. By placing documents and papers directly in front, users no longer need to twist at the neck or waist when reading reference materials or making notations.
- Positioned above the rear edge of the keyboard, the Microdesk reduces the potential for pain and discomfort in the upper back and shoulders. By allowing users to keep papers and books well within the comfort zone, forward reach is significantly reduced. As well, by making use of the space between the keyboard and monitor for paperwork, users can be sure other key tools (such as the mouse, numeric keypad or phone) remain as close to the comfort zone as possible. Learn More About the Comfort Zone.
Facilitates Good Upper Body Posture
- The adjustable slope (from a negative incline of 12° to a significant positive incline of 20°) allows users to position materials at the most comfortable angle for reading, handwriting, or glancing at reference materials. The Microdesk significantly reduces the risk of upper back and neck strain caused by repeatedly bending the neck or hunching over the desk.
Adds Usable Work Space
- This secondary worksurface adds usable working space to the Comfort Zone that is not typically available; i.e. an elevated area between the back of the keyboard and the bottom of the monitor. For many users, a sloping worksurface is easier and more comfortable to work on than the flat surface of the desk.
- Generous Worksurface: Measuring 22" wide x 12" deep, the Regular Microdesk accommodates all current standard keyboard widths and provides plenty of space for convenient reading and writing. The Compact version, at 17" wide by 12" deep, accommodates compact and all-in-one keyboards up to 15.75" wide and most laptop computers.
- Two Configurations Available: Using the Standard Side Accessory, the Microdesk can be used on the desk surface; using the Step Side Accessory the front of the Microdesk can also be "stepped down" onto a keyboard tray or split level desk top. See Images below.
- Adjustable-Height Legs: The height of the legs is easily adjusted, allowing users to alter the slope of the platform as needed, and to raise it to the most comfortable height for the task.
- Sturdy, Lightweight and Transparent: The Microdesk easily supports heavy reading materials and the weight of a forearm, yet is light enough to reposition with one hand. Clear construction allows users to store papers and supplies beneath the Microdesk, or to see the keyboard if the Microdesk is positioned directly above it.
- Non-Slip Feet: Ensure secure positioning both on the desk, and on the keyboard tray.
- Two Paper Ledges: Two sizes of paper ledge (10" x 0.25" and 10" x 0.75") allow the user to select a shallow or thick ledge. At 10" long, and centred along the lower edge of the platform, the Paper Ledges allow ample space on either side of both versions for left and right-handed users to rest their forearm as they write. Ledges can be swapped out easily but remain securely in place during busy work sessions.
- Non-Slip Ruler / Line Guide: Included removable line guide helps keep readers oriented in the text, and helps to secure papers.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Microdesk Regular, 22" Model
Microdesk Regular, Stepped Configuration
Microdesk Compact, 17" Model
Microdesk Regular, with Split Keyboard
Microdesk, Standard Configuration
Microdesk, Standard Configuration, Writing Surface
Microdesk Compact, with Compact Keyboard
Microdesk, Stepped Configuration, Writing Surface
Microdesk Relieves Strain on Neck, Shoulders
Microdesk, Other Uses
Standard: 22" (55.9 cm) Wide x 12.0" (30.5 cm) Deep x 3.0" to 3.75" (7.62 cm to 9.5 cm) High at the Front and 6.0" to 7.5" (15.2 cm to 19.0 cm) High at the Rear
Dimensions: 17" (43.2 cm) Wide x 12.0" (30.5 cm) Deep x 3.0" to 3.75" (7.62 cm to 9.5 cm) High at the Front and 6.0" to 7.5" (15.2 cm to 19.0 cm) High at the Rear
- Maximum Positive Incline: 20°
- Weight: 4.0 lbs (1.81 kg)
- Paper Ledge: 10" x 0.25" (25.4 cm x 0.6 cm) or 10" x 0.75" (25.4 cm x 1.9 cm)
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Package Contents: Microdesk Writing Surface and Document Holder, appropriate Side Accessory or Accessories (as indicated under Models, above), Paper Ledge in 2 Heights, Non-slip Line Guide, 4 Removable Feet with Rubber Caps
- Position the Microdesk correctly. The front edge of the Microdesk should be just above the function row on your keyboard. This ensures that you do not have to reach too far forward when writing on the platform.
- Allow for the height of your keyboard. If you use a tented, tilted, splayed or contoured keyboard on the desk surface, make sure the front legs of the Microdesk can be adjusted high enough to clear the rear edge of the keyboard. Note that if your objective is to create a sloped surface for writing, then raising the front legs will raise the overall height of the platform. Be sure the rear edge will not then obscure the lower portion of your screen.
- Position the Step Side Accessories correctly. When the Step Side Accessories are installed, remember to place the longer legs at the front of the Microdesk, and the shorter legs at the back. Place the longer legs on the keyboard tray.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|MD-REG-STD|| Regular Microdesk, 22" wide, includes 1 pair Standard Side Accessories, Paper Ledges in 2 Heights, & Non-slip Ruler/Line Guide. Compatible with desktop use only.|
|MD-COM-STD|| Compact Microdesk, 17" wide, includes 1 pair Standard Side Accessories, Paper Ledges in 2 Heights, & Non-slip Ruler/Line Guide.Compatible with desktop use only.|
|MD-SS|| Regular Microdesk, 22" wide, includes 1 pair Standard Side Accessories,1 pair Step Side Accessories, Paper Ledges in 2 Heights, & Non-slip Ruler/Line Guide. Compatible with use on desktop or keyboard tray.|
|MD-ACC-SA|| Standard Side Accessories (1 Pair), for use on desktop. (Compatible with all models)|
|MD-ACC-SS|| Step Side Accessories (1 Pair), for use with keyboard trays. (Compatible with all models)|
|MD-ACC-RULER380|| Compact Ruler Accessory ( (Compatible with MD-COM-STD)|
|MD-ACC-RULER500|| Regular Ruler Accessory. (Compatible with MD-REG-STD & MD-SS)|
|MD-ACC-LL|| Low Paper Lip/Ledge Accessory (0.25" High) (Compatible with MD-REG-STD & MD-SS)|
|MD-ACC-LH|| High Paper Lip/Ledge Accessory (0.75" High) (Compatible with MD-REG-STD & MD-SS)|
|MD-ACC-FPBUILT|| Feet Accessory (Set of 4, 2 low and 2 high) (Compatible with all models)|