| Additional Resources |
The StandMat from Sun-Flex is made of polyurethane foam and is 100% PVC and Phthalate Free. The 1" thickness of this mat offers a degree of cushioning that is beyond that of many mats, introducing a level of "bounce" or "spring" that other mats do not provide. This extra cushioning will naturally encourage a higher degree of movement while standing. The dimensions of 19.5" D by 29.5" W offer plenty of space for those who require a larger mat or who wish to have the freedom to move without stepping off the mat. For safety purposes the bevelled edges ensure a smooth transition from floor to mat. The Charcoal Grey colour can blend into any environment. The StandMat also has a unique feature, one corner features a grommet that can be used to hang the mat from the side of a desk. The Sun-Flex Hook accessory uses gravity to hold itself in place and is easily placed on any flat surface with a vertical drop.
NOTE: This mat is designed to provide a high degree of cushioning for the feet and cannot be used as a chair mat. It would need to be moved aside (or hung) when a chair is to be used.
Important: The Sun-Flex StandMat is intended for use in dry environments.
- The StandMat is designed with the sole purpose of reducing fatigue from standing. The high degree of cushioning reduces sustained pressure on the soles of the feet and encourages a continuous flexing of the muscles and joints which encourages blood flow in the lower legs. This reduction in fatigue can improve concentration, lead to better productivity, and increase overall energy levels.
Reduces Risk of Lower Limb Issues
- Extended standing on hard surfaces can result in damage to the joints of the lower limbs and can increase the potential for swelling (edema) as blood pools in the legs. The highly cushioned and responsive surface of the StandMat reduces these risks by reducing the impact on joints and encouraging ongoing small muscle movements that help to move blood back out of the legs.
Increases Standing Time
- Most people find that standing for extended periods, especially on a hard tile or concrete floor (or thinly carpeted concrete floors) is actually quite exhausting to the feet, legs, and then the entire body. Employing an anti-fatigue mat such as the StandMat, designed specifically to reduce the pressure on the soles of the feet and increase the movements which boost energy, can greatly extend the length of their standing periods.
Can Reduce Risk of Back Injury
- Highly cushioned, anti-fatigue mats can reduce the risk of spinal compression as the mat absorbs impact as users shift their weight throughout the workday. It also encourages more flexibility as muscles perform small adjustments as users shift their weight on the mats, changing the angles at which their ankles, knees and hips are positioned. This translates into regular movement of the lower back muscles which would not occur when standing on a rigid flooring surface.
Can Lead to Improved Safety and Performance
- Tired workers make mistakes. Depending on the type of work being performed this can be as minor as simple errors in written communications to costly and life-changing injuries. By reducing the fatigue level with a quality anti-fatigue mat designed specifically for standing users can work not only more safely but with increased productivity.
- Superb Cushioning: The 1" thickness of the Sun-Flex StandMat offers above average cushioning. The "bounce" which the mats provide subconsciously encourages small movements of the feet, ankles and even knees which in turn reduce the risks associated with static standing.
- Designed for Standing: The Sun-Flex StandMat is designed for standing, not sitting. For this reason it is able to offer a much greater degree of support and cushioning to users than other "anti-fatigue" products which are promoted as suitable for use with an office chair. With no sacrifice necessary to accommodate the movement of a chair the StandMat can achieve much higher comfort levels than those other firmer dual-purpose mats can provide. There is a rule-of-thumb which applies here – i.e. "A good anti-fatigue mat will not make a good chair mat, and a good chair mat will not make a good anti-fatigue mat". Any mat which is promoted to serve both purposes is making a sacrifice in performance for both purposes.
- Eco-Friendly: The StandMat is Phthalate and PVC Free.
- Non-Slip Bottom: The StandMat sits flush to the floor, creating a natural non-slip surface that keeps the mat securely in position.
- Beveled Edges: Bevelled edges which reduce the risk of tripping for both users and passersby.
- Durable Surface: The StandMat is puncture and stain resistant and, unlike gel mats, will not "leak" if damaged. In fact, the mats will continue to function without any change.
- Naturally Anti-Microbial: The StandMat is naturally anti-microbial.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Sun-Flex StandMat - In Use
Sun-Flex StandMat - Grommet for Hanging
Sun-Flex Hook Accessory
- Construction: 100% Polyurethane
- Available Colours: Charcoal Grey
- Package Contents: Sun-Flex StandMat
- Warranty: Manufacturer Direct
- Avoid standing on the StandMat with stiletto style heels. Although it is highly resistant to punctures this type of usage will increase the risk of damaging the surface.
- Avoid footwear which can increase the risk of "ankle twisting". Since the cushioning of the StandMat encourages a natural movement of the feet and ankles, anyone using them with higher heels should be careful to not "overflex".
- Actively engage your feet and legs in movement. Take advantage of the resiliency of the StandMat and make a point of shifting or rocking your feet. Doing this will reduce the amount of time you keep pressure on any given part of your foot, engage muscles which can increase blood flow, and encourage use of small muscles which can become tight from fixed standing positions. This will also result in more energy as your body maintains a level of activity not present when standing statically.
- Do not expect to roll a chair or other weighted equipment over a StandMat. The small weight-bearing surface which casters and wheels have will cause them to "sink" into the mat—effectively locking the wheel in place. While a chair with casters can be placed on these mats movement will be all but impossible once the chair is occupied.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|455500|| 19.5" x 29.5" x 0.95", Charcoal Grey|
|455110|| Sun-Flex Hook, StandMat Accessory|