| Additional Resources Accessories |
The SUN-FLEX Footrest is a premium option for individuals seeking a footrest with unique ergonomic features and durability. A tubular powder-coated metal frame ensures durability and stability for the heavy duty ABS foot platform. This platform features a non-skid latex-free textured surface with raised "bumps" which users can employ to massage and stimulate the nerve endings in their feet throughout the day. The platform is height adjustable to 2.0", 3.25" or 4.5" and is also tilt adjustable over an impressive ±50°. Tilt resistance can be adjusted to make the platform resistive to movement or free floating to provide support or movement as required.
The raised padded bar at the rear of the SUN-FLEX Footrest sits at a height of 14". This makes it ideal for massaging the muscles in the calves to improve circulation or to stretch the Achilles Tendons and calf muscles.
The wide range of features that encourage leg movement makes the SUN-FLEX Footrest an ideal solution for users in need of a foot rest which reduces the potential for leg cramps and thrombosis arising from extended periods of static sitting.
Note: Previous names for this product include "Inzone Footrest" and "ErgoStretch Footrest".
Encourages Proper Circulation
- Blood circulation around the lower thighs can be impeded when a person is sitting on a seatpan without sufficient support for the lower legs and feet. The weight of the lower legs and feet can create a pinch point towards the front of the seatpan, and this has the potential to reduce blood flow in the lower thighs, resulting in pain and fatigue in the lower thighs and legs. This often happens when the chair is too high. The SUN-FLEX Footrest can eliminate this strain by providing a suitably elevated platform that eliminated the potential for restrictive pressure, allowing blood to circulate better throughout the legs and feet.
Reduces Strain on the Foot and Ankle
- Many office workers sit with one foot forward of the other, putting the foot into a position called plantar flexion. Plantar flexion shortens the muscles of the backs of the legs. Over time, sustained plantar flexion can cause the calf muscles to become tight and stiff which, in turn, can lead to a range of uncomfortable symptoms in the foot. The non-locking platform on the SUN-FLEX Footrest permits users to flex the ankle joint easily back and forth. This healthy movement at the joint can reduce strain caused by sustained plantar flexion, or sustained dorsiflexion. The frequent small movements also promote better circulation, helping to reduce the risk of blood clots and varicose veins.
Improves Upper Body Posture
- The SUN-Flex Footrest provides users with a stable and supportive surface that encourages them to correctly utilize the back of their chair rather than "perching" on the front edge of their seat. This improved posture can reduce the risk of upper back, shoulder and neck pain. The adjustable height on the Inzone Footrest ensures that even those of shorter stature can reap these benefits.
Discourages "Passive" Sitting
- The non-locking platform encourages users to actively flex and move the feet and ankles throughout the day. In addition, the "Stretching Bar" can be used to stretch the Achilles Tendon and calves or be brought close enough to massage the calf muscles.
- Acupressure Bumps: Raised rubberized bumps on the platform allow massaging of the feet to increase circulation.
- Acupressure Calf Stretching Bar: The leatherette covered foam cylinder is positioned at an optimal height for stretching or massaging the calf muscles.
- Height Adjustable: The SUN-FLEX Footrest can be adjusted to 3 settings, 2.0", 3.25" or 4.5" above the floor. This provides several heights, largely eliminating the possibility of dangling feet or an improper angle at the knee.
- Non-Locking Tilting Platform: The platform can be adjusted to any angle up to ±55°, with a varying amount of resistance, providing sufficient support at the ankle. Individuals who benefit from increased venous blood velocity in the feet can optimize the degree and ease of movement.
- Large Platform: The large 19.0" x 14.0" platform allows shifting of feet on the platform as required throughout the day.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
SUN-FLEX Footrest - Textured Surface
SUN-FLEX Footrest - Side Profile
SUN-FLEX Footrest - Calf Stretcher Bar
SUN-FLEX Footrest - For Standing
- Overall Dimensions:
Width: 19.3" (49.1 cm)
Depth (front to back): 13.4" (34.0 cm)
Height of Stretching Bar: 14.3" (36.4 cm)
Diameter Stretching Bar: 2.5" (6.3 cm)
- Platform Dimensions:
Width: 16.5" (41.9 cm)
Depth (front to back): 11.9" (30.3 cm)
Thickness: 1.6" (4.1 cm)
- Height at Maximum Setting:
Front: 0.0" (0.0 cm)
Back: 5.75" (14.6 cm)
- Tilt Adjustability: Tilt tension is adjustable
Low: +20° to -30°
Medium: +40° to -35°
High: +55°° to -55°
- Platform Height:
Low: 3.6" (9.3 cm) to 5.28" (13.4 cm)
Medium: 5.12" (13.0 cm) to 7.52" (19.1 cm)
High: 6.58" (16.7 cm) to 10.0" (25.4 cm)
- Textured Foot Pad Dimensions:
Width: 6.22" (15.8 cm)Weight | 5.677 lbs (2.575 kg)
Depth: 10.2" (25.9 cm)
- Weight: 5.7 lbs (2.6 kg)
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Package Contents: SUN-FLEX Footrest, Assembly Guide
- Set the foot platform to "your" height. To determine the appropriate height you should sit comfortably positioned at your workstation with your hands and arms correctly positioned for the use of the keyboard and mouse. You will then want to elevate the foot platform to a height that supports your thighs at 90° to your torso. This should ensure that there is no pressure point where the back of the thigh meets the front edge of the seatpan.
- Use the stretcher bar to stretch your Achilles Tendons and calf muscles. Make a point of placing your heels on the bar to keep these stretched throughout the day. You can also move the rest closer to your chair and use the bar for massaging the calf muscles.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|455001|| SUN-FLEX Footrest (formerly known as ErgoStretch and/or Inzone)|