| Additional Resources Usage Tips Accessories |
The Ergonomic Desktop keyboard from Solidtek offers an advanced ergonomic layout in a compact narrow footprint keyboard. The keys feature a variable tenting that subtly reduces forearm pronation, the inner keys having a slightly greater tenting angle that reduces to almost level for the outer rows. The key layout is also splayed outwards, encouraging users to maintain a more neutral wrist alignment by aligning the key orientation to better match the natural position of the hands.
Unlike other one-piece keyboard designs that may offer a similar tenting and splay of the keys, the Ergonomic Desktop keyboard eliminates the numeric keypad from the layout. This addresses the issue of being forced to overreach on the right to access the mousing device, a common issue that can arise when the extra splay is added to the keyboard. This reduces the required reach to the mouse by at least 3-4", which can significantly reduce the risk of developing shoulder problems arising from repetitive overreaching to the mouse.
The incorporated firm palm rest assists users in maintaining better keyboarding posture by ensuring that they can only lower their wrists to a point of limited extension. In addition, this keyboard is equipped with front legs that can be deployed to create a slight negative inclination of the keys, completely eliminating wrist extension.
The Ergonomic Desktop keyboard is equipped with full-travel membrane keyswitches that require a firm touch for activation. The keycaps are a chiclet-style with a very slight concave surface to aid users in maintaining finger position on the keys.
Reduces Overreach to the Mouse
- The Ergonomic Desktop keyboard features a compact footprint by eliminating the numeric keypad. For users who have trained themselves to use the upper numeric keys or whose work only occasionally requires numeric entry this will be ideal as they will no longer have to reach over the numeric keypad to reach their mouse. Users who still require a numeric keypad have the option of placing a stand-alone keypad to the left of the keyboard or of setting a stand-alone keypad aside when not required.Learn More about Overreaching Outside of the Comfort Zone.
Reduces Risk to the Elbow and Forearm
- The fully pronated "palms down" position adopted by the majority of computer users when typing and mousing puts a considerable strain on the tissues of the elbow and forearm. The result can be fatigue, inflammation and long-term injury. The slightly tented design of the keys on the Ergonomic Desktop keyboard can help reduce this strain by rotating the forearm back towards a more natural posture.Learn More About Pronation
Reduces Risk of Wrist Injury
- Typing on a conventional keyboard requires experienced typists to bend the wrists outward towards the little finger in order to keep the fingers in the correct position on the home row. This posture, known as "ulnar deviation", puts considerable strain on the joint and tissues of the wrist. The nominal fixed "splay" on the Ergonomic Desktop keyboard can somewhat reduce this strain by aligning the keys to better match the natural posture of the body and decrease the degree of deviation.Learn More About Ulnar Deviation
Can Reduce Wrist Extension
- The incorporated firm palm support can aid users to reduce the risks of Wrist Extension by keeping the wrists from dropping down to the desk or keyboard tray surface. The negative elevation legs at the front of the palm support can be deployed to address this even further by creating a slight "negative inclination" that actively directs the wrists towards a more neutral alignment.Learn More About Wrist Extension
Reduces Finger Reach
- The keys on the Ergonomic Desktop keyboard are positioned to better match the arcs created by the fingertips. This can reduce the stretch required to reach the more distant keys on a traditional keyboard.
- Compact Design: The Ergonomic Desktop keyboard eliminates the numeric keypad, permitting users to place their mouse 3-4" closer than possible with traditional full size keyboards.
- Preset Fixed "Splay": The keys on the Ergonomic Desktop keyboard are arranged with a limited preset degree of splay to help reduce ulnar deviation.
- Natural Arc Key Layout: The keys on the Ergonomic Desktop keyboard are positioned to better match the natural arc of the fingertips.
- Partially "Tented" Design: The keycaps are slightly tented, with the innermost keys having a slightly higher degree of angle than the outermost columns. The transition is gradual and subtle to offer a natural transition across the finger span.
- Fixed Palm Support: The Ergonomic Desktop keyboard incorporates a firm palm support with a slight positive incline. Note: A slight negative incline can be achieved by deploying the front legs to elevate the front edge of palm support by about a half inch.
- Slightly Concave Keycaps: The chiclet-style keycaps on the Ergonomic Desktop keyboard have a slight concave surface to aid users in maintaining correct finger position on the keys.
- Negative Tilt Legs: The front of palm support is equipped with support legs that can be deployed to create a slight negative incline across the keyboard surface. Using the keyboard in the position reduces the risk of wrist extension.
- Web, Email, Calculator & Multi-Media Controls: The F1 - F12 keys support a wide range of alternative functions.
- Visual Indicators: The placement of the visual indicators for Caps Lock, Scroll Lock, and Windows Lock in the middle of the keyboard requires users to look almost directly down between their hands to know whether these features are active. This takes the eyes off both screen and copy and can result in a reduction in data entry speed.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Ergonomic Desktop Keyboard
Ergonomic Desktop Keyboard - Negative Inclination Legs Deployed
Ergonomic Desktop Keyboard - Layout
Ergonomic Desktop Keyboard - Negative Inclination Legs
- Width: 15.5" (39.4 cm)
- Depth (front-to-back): 9.5" (24.1 cm)
- Height: 1.4" (3.6 cm)
- Weight: 1.6 lbs (0.7 kg)
- Cable Length: 69" (175.0 cm)
- Number of Keys: 88
- Keyswitch Type: Membrane
- Hot Key Functions: Mail, Web/Home, Search, Calculator
- Media key functions: Mute, Volume -, Volume +,Play/Pause, Fast Forward , Rewind
- Compatibility: WINDOWS 10/8/7/Vista/XP/2000
- Interface: USB (1.1,2.0,3.0)
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 50°C
- Storage Temperature: -20°C to +65°C
- Certifications: FCC, CE, RoHS
- Warranty: 1 year. Manufacturer Direct
- Colour: Black
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|ACK-916BU|| Ergonomic Desktop Keyboard, Black|