| Additional Resources Usage Tips Accessories |
When employed correctly as a palm rest, the Softworqs Keyboard Gel Palm Rest provides resilient support for the palms, yet still compresses sufficiently to eliminate pressure points beneath the palm (or heel of the hands). Keeping the palms elevated reduces the potential for the wrists to drop into a position of wrist extension, with the associated risk of injury to the wrists or forearms. At 26.75" wide by 2" deep the palm rest is wide enough to provide support during both keyboard and mouse usage. The 0.75" height will work with most standard membrane or mechanical switch keyboards. Users with very low profile scissor-switch keyboards should consider a lower profile palm support that better matches the height of their keyboard.
The Keyboard Gel Palm Rest serves to keep the wrist elevated towards a more neutral position, assisting in the avoidance of injury to the wrist or forearms that can develop from sustained wrist extension.
The gel core is covered with one of two finishes. The low-friction Lycra model permits the hand to move across the surface with minimal effort while the Leatherette model is easily cleanable. The underside of the Keyboard Gel Palm Rest is an anti-skid material that keeps the rest in place on the worksurface.
Note: We are unable to offer our 30 Day Customer Satisfaction guarantee on this product.
Reduces Risk of Injury to the Wrist
- The Keyboard Gel Palm Rest helps to relieve strain on the tissues of the hand, wrist and forearm by reducing the degree of wrist extension and, optionally, by creating a negative slope for the keyboard and mousing surface. Learn More About Wrist Extension
Protects Sensitive Pressure Points
- The gel palm rest prevents the underside of the forearms from resting against the hard edges of the desk top or keyboard tray.
Aligns Forearm for Vertical Mice
- When using a vertical mouse some users find that their forearm is misaligned, resulting in radial deviation of the wrist. Using the Keyboard Gel Palm Rest can reduce the radial deviation, and align the hand with the forearm.
Reduces Pressure Points for Bone Spurs
- If an individual has a bone spur or calcium deposit on the side of their wrist or hand, using a Vertical Mouse can put repeated pressure on this causing discomfort. Employing a Keyboard Gel Palm Rest provides a yielding surface which lessens the pressure on the edge of the wrist.
- Durable Soft Gel Interior: Resilient gel provides cushioned support for the palm (or heel) of the hands when typing and mousing.
- Two Cover Options: The Lycra cover permits the hands to freely slide and because it breathes is "cooler". The Leatherette cover is easily cleanable but hands cannot move as easily.
- Re-Positionable Non-Slip Backing: Once the protective plastic film is removed, the underside of the Keyboard Gel Palm Rest ensures it won't move unless the user intends to move it.
- Accommodates Both Keyboard and Mouse: At 26.75" in width this Palm Rest is wide enough to provide palm support for both keyboard and mouse. It can be used with both 27" and 30" wide Keyboard Trays.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Keyboard Gel Palm Rest - Leatherette
Keyboard Gel Palm Rest - Lycra
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|SWR48L|| Gel Palm Support, Leatherette Cover, 26.75" W|
|SWR48BK|| Gel Palm Support, Lycra Cover, 26.75" W|