Page last updated: Fri, 15-Nov-2019 14:29:46
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Freestanding Double Leg Rest - Tallby Score
| Additional Resources Accessories |
The Freestanding Double Leg Rest from Score is a solution for those who need to keep one or both legs elevated while sitting. This leg rest is equipped with a 5-point base which allows it to remain stable and upright without the need to attach it to any other furniture. The leg rest is wide enough to support both legs at once or can be used for a single leg as well, either beside or under the desk. The 2" thick concave pad is 18.5" wide and 16" long, sufficient to comfortably cradle even swollen legs. The base is just under 20" in diameter to minimize interference with a chair base or desk supports. The leg rest is equipped with resilient foam padding, comfortably keeping the foot, knee and hip properly aligned while elevating the foot and leg. The Freestanding Double Leg Rest is suited for use following surgery in order to relieve knee and foot pain, to decrease blood pooling in the lower extremities, reduce pressure on the spine and decrease fatigue. A Single Leg Rest is also available if elevation is only required for a single leg.
Elevation of the Freestanding Double Leg Rest - TALL is accomplished with a "chair-style" gas cylinder and lever release. The adjustment range is from 17.7" - 22.8", suitable for users whose legs need to be elevated to a higher level than the standard model provides. The pad can be angled up to 15° from horizontal and locks in at any point within the range. The Freestanding Leg Rest can be used in most settings, however, because the base does have a diameter of 20" care does need to be taken into considering to ensure that there will be sufficient space. The Freestanding Double Leg Rest is available in black leatherette.
Note: The gas cylinder on the TALL model has a higher pressure than the low-pressure cylinders on the standard height models and requires more force to lower the leg rest.
Support for Leg and Foot
- The Freestanding Double Leg Rest is intended to act as an assistive therapeutic device. Leg rests are typically employed temporarily by those returning to work after injury or surgery. However, in the case of those with circulatory problems they may also become a permanent solution. The leg rest pad can be tilted to align the leg(s) to an ideal ergonomic angle. Some conditions which may benefit from the Freestanding Leg Rest include Knee Injuries, Bunion Removals, Back Pain, Varicose Veins, Edema, Heavy Leg Syndrome, Neuromuscular Disorders, Trauma, Pregnancy, Cardiovascular Disease, Diabetes, Side Effects of Certain Medications.
Increases Blood Flow and Circulation
- The Freestanding Double Leg Rest can assist in maintaining appropriate blood flow and circulation in the lower extremities. However, using the leg rest for extended periods may lead to decreased blood flow and circulation as a result of the non-standard seating position that the elevation of the leg can create. Unless directed otherwise by medical service providers it may be a good idea to occasionally remove the leg from the pad and adopt a more traditional sitting position, even if for short periods.
Enhances Productivity and Overall Comfort
- Working in a semi-reclined position or with the feet elevated as required throughout the workday can adjust the strain on other muscles in the body and decrease fatigue. This can yield increased comfort by offering varied seating postures and potentially reduce the impact of discomfort on work performance.
- Height Adjustable: The leg rest pad can be adjusted in height from 17.7" to 22.8" when level. This range is suited to use by very tall individuals, for users whose chairs are set above average height, or in situations where greater elevation levels have been recommended.
- Adjustable Tilt: The tilt of the leg rest pad locks at any position between 0° and 15°. This lets users select the angle that best suits their needs and ensures that the leg(s) remains at the desired angle.
- Cushioned Support: Foam padding provide comfortable but firm support which quickly springs back to shape.
- Easily Cleanable: The durable leatherette-covered pad is easily cleaned and disinfected.
- Versatile and Portable Design: The Freestanding Double Leg Rest is equipped to be self-supporting and move independent of any other furniture. As a result users are able to make small positioning adjustments with nominal effort, changing positions to optimize comfort throughout the day.
- Safety Lock Casters: The Freestanding Double Leg Rest is equipped with casters that engage a safety lock when weight is removed (i.e. when the weight of the leg(s) is no longer applied to the rest). This ensures that the Leg Rest cannot roll out of reach, which is especially important for those who would have difficulty retrieving it.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Freestanding Double Leg Rest - Tall
Freestanding Double Leg Rest - Tall (Level)
- Vertical Adjustment Range for Leg Rest:
Minimum: 15" (38.1 cm)
Maximum: 18.75" (47.6 cm)
- Vertical Adjustment Mechanism: Standard "chair-style" lever release with gas cylinder (low pressure for easier adjustment)
- Angle of Adjustment for Leg Rest:
NOTE: The legrest locks in position at any point within the 15 degree tilt range.
- Tilt Adjustment Mechanism: Self-locking lever release mechanism
- Pad Width: 18.5" (47 cm)
- Pad Length: 16" (40.6 cm)
- Concave Pad Thickness:
Sides of Pad: 2.5" (6.4 cm)
Middle of Pad: 2.0" (5.1 cm)
- Base Dimensions: 19.7" (50 cm)
Base: Black Aluminum
- Pad Covering Material: Fabric or Leatherette
- Pad Inner Material: Standard Foam
Gas Lift - Lifetime against leakage
Metal Parts - 5 Years
Upholstery - 2 Years (if used for its intended purpose)
- Package Contents: Score Freestanding Double Leg Rest
- Assembly Time: 5 Minutes, No tools required
- When making initial height and tilt adjustments it is suggested that you enlist the assistance of another person who can perform these adjustments while you are seated comfortably. This will ensure that the height and angle are adjusted to match your optimum seating position.
- Unless directed otherwise by medical service providers it may be a good idea to occasionally remove the leg(s) from the pad and adopt a more traditional sitting position, even if for short periods.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|6114TKR11ZW12-TALL|| Score Freestanding Double Leg Rest, Black Leatherette, Silver Base, Chrome Cylinder|