| Additional Resources Accessories |
The R-Go Zepher 4 C2 Single Monitor Arm from R-Go Tools is a desk-clamp arm for single monitors. It has a hinged arm for vertical extension 8" to 22" (20 - 56 cm) with a height range of 11.5" to 19.5" (29 - 50 cm), a tilt range of 40°, rotation of 360°, and swivel range of 180°. The monitor mounts to the arm using a 75x75 mm and 100x100 mm VESA plate. The Zepher 4 C2 can handle monitor weights from 0 to 17.6 lbs (8 kg).
The Zepher 4 C2 Single Monitor Arm uses three "Smart" technologies in its design. The Smart Lock feature allows attachment of the monitor to the arm with one click. The Smart Connect feature connects all modules together without tools and in an intuitive way. The Smart Stop feature secures the rotation of the arm in a certain direction with the rotation stop. In addition, the arm is certified to be 100% circular*.
Note: "100% circular" means modules can be re-used with a life-time take back guarantee, the product is certified 100% recyclable, 75% of the aluminum is recyled raw material, materials are easily separable using smart-fits, and product boxing is 100% carton packaging material. Due to the cost of returning these to the manufacturer it may be more practical to direct them to a local recycler.
Reduces the Risk of Neck Injury
- A primary risk factor for injury in an office setting is an improperly positioned monitor. A good monitor arm will help eliminate that problem by allowing height adjustment for the monitor relative to the desk surface on which the keyboard and mouse are situated. The Zepher monitor arm can center a monitor at any fixed height between 11.5" and 19.5" above the mounting surface. If regular changes in monitor elevation are required an arm that also articulates in the vertical plane should be considered.
SPECIAL NOTE FOR THOSE WITH MULTIFOCAL OR PROGRESSIVE LENSES
: Since those with multifocal lenses rely on the lower portion of their glasses for "near" vision, they generally require the monitor to be positioned at a much lower height vertically than those with no glasses or who only have single-vision lenses. Failing to address this will force individuals into an uncomfortable extension at the neck, as they tilt their head back in order to be able to view out of the lower portion of their corrective eyewear. Those who employ multifocal lenses may be able to position their monitors far enough away for best viewing at the intermediate range. Doing so can mitigate the neck extension as it may eliminate the need to tilt the head.
Offers Low-Force Adjustment
- The Zepher permits left-to-right and back-to-front adjustments to be made with minimal effort. Vertical Adjustment must be done at the rear, where the arm mounts to the pole so it not as easily accessed. Where vertical adjustments will be required on a regular basis a monitor arm with a gas cylinder or traditional spring mechanism would be a more suitable option.
Increases Desktop Space
- By elevating the monitor above the worksurface, space on the desktop is made available for storage and other office accessories (phones, calculators, etc.).
Optimizes the Viewing Angle
- Monitors are best viewed when the monitor is parallel to the face. The ideal angle of the monitor is not necessarily perpendicular to the desk in all cases, however, since some may feel more comfortable slightly tilting their head forward, especially when working in a standing position. Note: As the head tilts forward, there is typically increased weight and load placed on the muscles in the neck, and as such any flexion should be limited to no more than 10 degrees.
- Adjusting the vertical and horizontal angle of the monitor will allow individuals to eliminate glare when viewing the monitor.
Helps Maintain Good Posture When Seated
- When a monitor is too low or high, people may choose to adjust the position of their torso instead of, or in addition to, their neck in an attempt to accommodate incorrect monitor height. This will often result in adopting a leaning forward posture, shifting them out of the ideal “S” posture in the spine, and losing any potential lumbar support that their chair provides. The correct monitor height may prevent this risk factor from arising.
Allows Multiple Individuals to Share Information Easily
- In some office environments workers need to share screen information with clients and/or co-workers, but this can be awkward or inconvenient when the monitor is on a stand and cannot easily be moved or oriented towards another person, even one sitting at the same desk. An articulating arm can easily solve this problem because the screen can be swivelled to face even someone on the opposite side of a desk when they need to view the screen.
- Manual Height Adjustment: Monitor height can be adjusted by sliding the arm up or down along the vertical pole. Where vertical adjustments will be required on a regular basis a monitor arm with a gas cylinder or traditional spring mechanism would be a more suitable option.
- Vertical Range: The Zepher arm can be used to position the centre of the monitor to any height ranging from 11.5" to 19.5" above the mounting point. See the Table of Sit-Stand Heights to find approximate height settings for both desk and monitor.
- Horizontal Extension: The Zepher can be extended forward up to 22" from the mounting point.
- Monitor Tilter: The monitor tilter mechanism provides 40° of tilt adjustment at the "head" or "wrist" of the arm.
- Monitor Rotation: The monitor tilter mechanism provides 360° of monitor rotation allowing rotation from landscape to portrait orientation, even upside down (if required).
- Arm Rotates at 3 Joints: The Zepher provides 360° of rotation at two locations, the post and the hinge or "elbow". The Smart system permits rotation in only one direction. At the monitor mount the rotation is limited to just 180° (90° to the left and right). This yields almost limitless flexibility and articulating capabilities for monitor positioning.
- Compact Storage: When desired, the arm folds up to occupy approximately 5" of space, freeing up the desk for other activities.
- Cable Management: Cable guides prevent cables from dragging on the desk. The Smart Stop system ensure that cables do not get wound up by preventing continuous rotating in one direction.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
R-Go Zepher 4 C2 Monitor Arm
R-Go Zepher 4 C2 Monitor Arm
R-Go Zepher 4 C2 Monitor Arm
R-Go Zepher 4 C2 Monitor Arm
R-Go Zepher 4 C2 Monitor Arm - Features
- Weight Capacity: 0 to 17.6 lbs (0 - 8 kg)
- Height Range (to center of VESA mounting plate): 11.5" to 19.5" (29 - 50 cm)
- Vertical Range: 8" to 22"
- Tilt: 40°
- Rotation: 360°
- Swivel: 180°
- VESA Compatible: Yes, 75x75 mm and 100x100 mm
- Mount Options: Desk clamp, grommet
- Warranty: 5 years
- Package Contents: R-Go Zepher 4 C2 Single Monitor Arm, Manual
- Choose an Arm with an Appropriate Weight Capacity – Before purchasing your monitor arm, investigate the weight capacity of the arm to ensure that your monitor can be safely supported. If you have not yet purchased your monitors or a monitor arm, research your options and choose an arm that will work for the monitor you want. Obviously, if you already have an arm and not the monitor, you will have to choose a monitor with an appropriate weight without its stand included. In addition, you will have to choose a monitor that can be mounted on an arm with an acceptable hole pattern for mounting with screws. For the Zepher, the monitors must have a hole pattern in the back side which is 75 mm x 75 mm or 100 mm x 100 mm square. Otherwise, you may require a special adapter plate.
- Select the Optimal Mounting Location – The Zepher can be configured to clamp mount over the edge or through a grommet. These will work for most applications. You may want to roughly position the mount in different locations at first to get an idea of where the movement of the arm is optimal and then decide on which mounting option works best at that location.
- Set the Height, Angle, and Distance - Once your monitor has been installed you are ready to set it in the optimal position. In terms of ergonomic principles, the optimal position can vary, but there are definitely improper ways to set your monitor. Learn More About Optimizing Monitor Position.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|RGOVLZE4SI|| R-Go Zepher 4 C2 Single Monitor Arm, single|