| Additional Resources Accessories |
The Split Ergonomic Keyboard from R-Go Tools is designed to accommodate various usage options. Employing either of the two joining cables (12" and 19"), users are able to position the left and right keyboard modules shoulder width apart, allowing the shoulders, elbows, arms and wrists to relax in an anatomically neutral position. This greatly improves posture and blood flow in the upper body, prevents undesirable rotation at the shoulders, and eliminates ulnar deviation at the wrist. The exceptionally thin (9 mm) profile of the Split Ergonomic Keyboard also greatly reduces the potential of developing RSI related to wrist extension.
For those less comfortable with the concept of a separated keyboard the innovative magnetic interlocking design also permits the two keyboard modules to be combined into a more traditional one-piece compact keyboard just 11.4" in width.
Unlike most other separated keyboards, the Split Ergonomic Keyboard is asymmetrical, due to the absence of any extra keys on the left module. However, the compact layout greatly reduces the reach to the mouse for right-handed users and retains the standard minimal reach for left-handed mousing.
A numeric keypad layer is embedded in the right hand module for users who may need to occasionally perform greater amounts of numeric entry and is easily toggled using the NumLock key. Left and Right hand microUSB ports are available for connection of external numeric keypads.
The Split Ergonomic Keyboard features low-travel scissor switch membrane key switches with chiclet-style keycaps. Users who are looking for an easily portable keyboard that offers advanced ergonomic benefits may want to consider this keyboard. The ultra-compact design and under 300 gram weight of the Split Ergonomic Keyboard make it highly suited for travel applications.
Note: The R-Go Numpad Break cannot plug into the R-Go Split Ergonomic Keyboard and will require either an available USB-C or USB-A port.
Easily Accommodates Individual Needs and Body Types
- The Split Ergonomic Keyboard can be configured to meet the unique needs and preferences of most individuals, whether tall or short, broad-shouldered or of slight build.
Facilitates Relaxed Position with Maximum Circulation
- Complete separation of both left and right keyboard modules enables anatomically neutral and relaxed position of the shoulders, elbow, arms and wrists, greatly reducing the risk of pain and discomfort caused by shoulder rotation, elbow abduction, and ulnar deviation. Learn More About Ergonomic Risk Factors and Sources of Injury
Eliminates Overreaching for the Mouse
- The Split Ergonomic Keyboard allows users to keep the mouse or other pointing device right beside the right or left edge of the keyboard. By keeping the mouse well within the comfort zone, users can reduce the potential for shoulder, neck and wrist pain arising from repeatedly reaching over the number pad for the mouse. (A right-handed user with a conventional keyboard often must reach 12" for the mouse. The compact design of the Split Ergonomic Keyboard reduces this reach to under 6" for both left- and right-handed users.) Learn More About Overreaching
Reduces Wrist Extension
- Most standard, and even many ergonomic keyboards are positively inclined (i.e. the number row is higher than the space bar). A positive incline forces the user to lift the hands by bending up at the wrists. Maintaining the hands in this position strains the wrists and the muscles along the top of the hands and the forearms. The completely flat, exceptionally low 9 millimetre profile of the Split Ergonomic Keyboard creates a neutral 0° slope that helps to reduce wrist (and finger) extension when using this keyboard. Learn More About Wrist Extension
- Variable Separation: The two modules of the Split Ergonomic Keyboard can be separated up to 16" apart, a range which is sufficient for the majority of users.
- Familiar Key Layout: "Almost" Standard key layout means minimal adaptation time for experienced typists. The layout of the Split Ergonomic Keyboard is fairly standard but for space-saving purposes there are some modifications. The Function keys, NumLock, PrtSc and Delete keys are half-height, as are the Arrow keys which are clustered in the lower right hand corner below the 3/4 width Shift key. The Enter key is double height but only a single key width and in an inverted "L" shape. The Tab and Caps Lock keys are standard width but the left hand Shift keys is reduced in width.
- Home/End/PgUp/PgDn Function Keys: In order to reduce the reach on the right hand these functions are made available as a Function layer on the upper numeric keys 1 through 4.
- Sleek, Ultra-Low Profile Design: The Split Ergonomic Keyboard has a substantially thinner and narrower design than most ergonomic keyboards, with a height of only 0.35" and a width of 11.4" (in one-piece mode).
- Embedded Numeric Keypad: In place of the separate numeric keypad found on traditional keyboards (which places the mouse outside of the comfort zone for right-handed users) the Split Ergonomic Keyboard provides a numeric keypad embedded into the right-hand module as a second layer. Along with the number keys on the top row of the keyboard, this embedded number pad gives the majority of users ample options for numeric input. (Note: Standalone numeric keypads are available as optional accessories for those users whose work involves numeric data entry. Look for these in the Numeric Keypads category.)
- Magnetic Interlock: The Left and Right modules of the R-Go Split Keyboard interlock to create a single one-piece compact keyboard. Once interlocked the keyboard halves are magnetically attached, creating a stable single unit.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
R-Go Tools Split Ergonomic Keyboard
Split Ergonomic Keyboard in One-Piece Mode
Low Profile Chiclet-style Keycap s
Split Ergonomic Keyboard - Layout
One-Piece Mode: 11.4" (28.8 cm)
Split Mode: Up to 27" (68.6 cm)
- Depth (front-to-back): 5.4" (13.7 cm)
- Height: 0.35" (9 mm)
- Weight: 0.65 lbs (296 grams)
- Keyswitch Type: Low Travel Scissor Switch Membrane
- Keycap Type: Chiclet Style
- Key Activation Force: 65 +/- 20 grams
- Key Travel Distance: 2 mm
- Number of Keys: 84
- Embedded Numeric Keypad: Included in Righthand Module.
- Key Pitch: 0.75" (1.9 cm) i.e. Standard
- Length of Linking Cables: 12" or 19" (30.5 cm or 48.25 cm)
- Interface: USB 2.0, 59" (150 cm) cable
Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, and 98
- Legends: Printed
- Materials: Plastic with Metal Base Plate
- Warranty: 2 Years
- Package Contents: R-Go Split Ergonomic Keyboard (Left and Right Modules), Removable 12" & 19" Linking Cables, 59" Removable USB Cable, User Manual
- Make sure the keyboard is properly positioned. Sit in your usual position at your desk and gently square your shoulders. Allow your upper arms to relax to your waist. Lift your forearms at the elbow and extend your fingers so that there is a straight line from your elbow through the centre of your wrist to your middle finger. Place the two halves of the keyboard on your desk or keyboard tray such that your arms and hands can maintain this position as you type. The modules ought to be shoulder width apart.
- Place the mouse on the side of your dominant hand. For most people, the compact design of the keyboard will bring the mouse close enough to the body. However, if your pain is more severe, you can prevent even more movement at the affected shoulder by positioning the mousing side of the keyboard closer to the centre of your body, and then turning it slightly so that your arm can remain perpendicular as you type. You will then be able to reach the mouse with very limited involvement of the shoulder muscles.
- Become familiar with the embedded numeric keypad. The NumLock key in the upper right is used to Activate and Deactivate the embedded keypad. A blue led indicator provides status notification.
- Purchase a separate numeric keypad if you key in a lot of numeric data. See the Numeric Keypads category.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|RGOSP-USWIBL|| R-Go Tools Split Ergonomic Keyboard, Wired, Black|