| Additional Resources |
With a width of just 11.2", the R-Go Compact Keyboard is suited for both left- and right-handed typists who wish to keep their mouse close at hand. The compact dimensions are achieved by eliminating the dedicated numeric keypad and clustering the navigation keys in closer on the right-hand side. Numeric entry is still possible through either the upper-rank numeric keys or by using the embedded numeric keypad that is integrated into the right half of the keyboard as an alternative to the missing discrete numeric keypad. The minimal footprint will work on any desk or keyboard tray.
The chiclet-style keycaps feature standard spacing with the low-travel scissor switch mechanisms offering a feel and function very similar to that of laptop keyboards. The R-Go Compact Keyboard features a slight positive incline, rising from just 0.25" at the front to 0.6" at the rear. The compact dimensions also make this keyboard easily portable and well-suited to improve ergonomics when working on a laptop.
This wired keyboard is compatible with Windows and Linux.
Eliminates Overreaching for the Mouse
- The compact width of the R-Go Compact Keyboard lets typists keep the mouse or other pointing device directly adjacent to the right or left edge of the keyboard. By keeping the mouse well within the comfort zone, they can reduce the potential for shoulder, neck and wrist pain arising from repeatedly reaching over the number pad for the mouse. (A right-handed individual with a conventional keyboard must often reach 12" for the mouse. The compact design of the R-Go Compact Keyboard reduces this reach to under 6" for both left- and right-handed typists.) Learn More About Overreaching
Reduces Wrist Extension
- The low front profile and limited positive tilt of the R-Go Compact Keybard means that wrist extension is limited. Learn More About Wrist Extension
- Familiar Key Layout: The R-Go Compact Keyboard features a QWERTY layout with some space-saving half-height keys to aid in reducing the keyboard width. The half-height keys are the F-key row and the arrow keys that are clustered in the lower right corner of the keyboard.
- Home/End/PgUp/PgDn Function Keys: In order to reduce the reach on the right hand these functions are made available as a Function layer on the half-height arrow keys in the lower right corner
- USB-A Connection: The R-Go Compact Keyboard is equipped with a standard USB-A connection.
- Low Profile Design: The R-Go Compact Keyboard is 0.25" at the front and rises to just 0.6" high at the rear.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
R-Go Compact Keyboard
R-Go Compact Keyboard - Top View
R-Go Compact Keyboard - Side View
R-Go Compact Keyboard - Keycaps Chiclet Style
R-Go Compact Keyboard - Layout
Width: 11.2" (28.5 cm)
Depth: 4.7" (12.0 cm)
- Front: 0.25" (0.6 cm)
- Rear: 0.6" (1.5 cm)
- Weight: 0.6 lbs (280 g)
- Material: Plastic
- Keyswitch Type: Low Travel Scissor Switch Membrane
- Keycap Type: Chiclet Style
- Key Activation Force: 65 +/- 20 grams
- Key Travel Distance: 2 mm
- Keys: 78
- Key Pitch: Standard
- Embedded Numeric Keypad: Yes
- Colour: Black
- Cable Length: 55.1" (1400 mm)
- Compatibility: Windows, Linux
- Warranty: 1 year
- Package Contents: R-GO Compact Keyboard, User Guide
- Make sure the keyboard is properly positioned. Sit in your usual position at your desk and let your shoulders relax. Your elbows should be positioned almost directly below your shoulders when your hands are in position on the keyboard. The line from the forearm, through the wrist and into the hand should be almost straight. If you find that your elbows are moving too far forward when using the keyboard you are either sitting too far away or the desk may be too high for you. Addressing the former is simple, just move closer. However, addressing the latter may require either elevating your seat and adding a footrest, or adding a keyboard tray to bring the keyboard down to the necessary height. Working with the elbows too far forward exerts undue strain on the shoulders and can lead to discomfort, pain or even disabling pain.
- The compact footprint of this keyboard lets you place the mouse in close proximity whether you are right- or left-handed. This eliminates the need to repetitively reach across a numeric keypad or navigation keys.
- If you do intensive numeric entry and require a numeric keypad you may wish to consider adding the R-Go Numpad Break to your workstation.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|RGOECQYBL|| R-Go Tools R-Go Compact Keyboard, Wired, Black|
|SPS|| SAMA Palm Support, 2" x 12" x 0.5"|