Page last updated: Wed, 22-Jan-2020 15:37:24
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
RBT Rebel Real Mouseby Quadraclicks Gaming
| Additional Resources Accessories |
The RBT Rebel Real Mouse from Quadraclicks Gaming introduces a new concept in computer mouse design. The unique "reverse activation" design is intended to reduce or eliminate Trigger Finger, one of the common RSI injuries encountered by those who engage in heavy mouse clicking.
Unlike traditional mice where the optimized click force occurs at the fingertips, the RBT Rebel Real Mouse uses a "reverse" design on the buttons. This means that the fronts of the buttons where the clicks would normally be generated are actually "fixed". This permits the fingers to rest upon the end of the mouse and use this as another point of control for moving and targeting the mouse. Conventional mice do not offer this ability as the end of the mouse is dynamic and where the mouse button clicks are generated. Moving the click to the back of the buttons eliminates the "hovering" or "cocked finger" posture that is common with the usage of traditional "front click" mice. Eliminating this action can significantly decrease or eliminate the risk of developing Trigger Finger in the index finger, a common disabling and potentially painful condition where the finger wants to "lock" in place.
The "reverse activation" concept moves the activation back towards the palm of hand, with the triggering action being generated by the first finger section above the palm - the metacarpals. Because the activation occurs much earlier in the finger significantly less force and movement is required, which reduces the load on the finer structures further along towards the fingertips.
Because the RBT accommodates the "resting" of the fingers at the front of the buttons and eliminates the hovering action there is also potential for it to decrease the degree of Wrist Extension that is experienced with most "traditional" mice. In addition, because the fingertips are not "tapping" the buttons there is less reason for the nerves to become overly sensitized as can happen with other mice.
The RBT Rebel Mouse features a rubberized scroll wheel with crisp detents,
6 DPI settings (ranging from 500 - 10,800), and Back/Forward buttons above the thumb rest. It is sized to best suit small to average sized hands although those with larger hands may still be able to benefit from some of the features.
Eliminates Risk of Trigger Finger
- The "Reversed" action on the RBT buttons means that users are able to let their fingers rest and relax against the buttons without fear of accidental activation. Gone are the days of fingers hovering over the buttons, tensed for the next "click", a key factor in the development of Trigger Finger.
Learn More About Trigger Finger.
Reduces Pain and Force of Clicking
- The unique design of the RBT mouse positions the activation point for the buttons at the "base" of the fingers. This "reverse" design requires very nominal effort for activation and virtually eliminates any finger movement. This improved movement results in a noticeable reduction in the force required for click activation.
Click Cleanly With No Unintended Mouse Movement
- The design of the RBT isolates the click movement to isolate the clicking action to require a completely vertical force, avoiding the "backwards motion" of the mouse which curling the tip of the finger to click generates on traditional mice.
Can Reduce Fingertip Sensitivity
- Because clicking on the RBT is moved back and away from the fingertips the potential for fingertips to become over-sensitized from repetitive "tapping" is greatly reduced. Of course, it can still be a risk because of keyboarding style and choice of keyboard.
Minimal Learning Curve
- The traditional shape and layout of the RBT Rebel Real Mouse lends itself towards a nominal learning curve. Users will need to adapt their usage to work with the "Reverse Action" clicking, the key benefit and feature of the RBT. Clicks are audible with good tactile feedback.
Can Reduce Wrist Extension
- The "reverse" button action on the RBT encourages users to let the fingers relax and actually rest while using the mouse. This more relaxed position can result a reduction in Wrist Extension and potentially reduce the risk of developing associated RSI.
Learn More About Wrist Extension.
Provides "Gap" Under Hand
- For power users who mouse intensively for extended periods of time, for example some gaming enthusiasts, the button design creates a void under the palm and wrist. This reduces the likelihood of applying pressure on the underside of the wrist (Carpal Tunnel / Median Nerve), and also allows airflow to keep hands cooler.
- Crisp Scrolling: The RBT Rebel Real Mouse scroll wheel is rubber coated and textured for comfort. There is noticeable resistance to movement which offers very crisp feedback when scrolling. Detents are noticeable without being restrictive.
- Back/Forward Thumb Buttons: Browsing Back and Forward with the RBT is easily accomplished via the thumb activated buttons located just above the slightly indented thumb well.
- Naturally Aligned Ring Finger and Thumb Rests: The RBT features slightly indented resting areas for both the thumb and ring fingers. These are angled to match the natural alignment of these digits when using the mouse. The coated finish on these areas lets them work well for quick re-placing of the mouse when running out of mousing surface.
- Supports the Hand: The design of the RBT and the "reverse activation" feature on the buttons encourages users to let their hand rest and relax on the mouse. The weight and pressure of relaxed fingers meet the mouse at the "front" of the buttons where they will not accidentally activate.
- Braided Cord: The RBT is equipped with a high quality braided cord to ensure long life and reliable performance.
- Best for Small or Average Hands: The RBT Mouse will best fit small to average sized hands although those with larger hands many still find themselves able to derive a degree of benefit from the design. However the RBT will not be able to provide as beneficial a level of support and the reverse activation may be more difficult depending on how the user grasps the mouse for control.
- Programmable: The RBT Rebel has an available downloadable driver that can be utilized to customize the functions.
- Multiple Platform Compatibility: The RBT Rebel Real Mouse is plug-and-play compatible with both Windows and Mac
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
RBT REBEL Real Mouse - Front
RBT Rebel Real Mouse - Profile
RBT Mouse - Illuminated Logo
RBT Mouse - RBT Mouse
RBT Mouse - RBT Mouse
- When installing your RBT be sure to allow it enough time to "fully" install the driver. It may appear to be installed but if you do not get cursor movement it is probably still completing the install in the background. Installation time can vary between computers.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|RRR1112|| Quadraclicks Gaming RBT Rebel Real Mouse|