| Accessories |
The TriRite Adjustable Footrest from Posturite is a lightweight, sturdy, and easy-to-adjust footrest that offers three primary platform angles of 10°, 20° and 33°. The platform can also tilt freely while positioned at any of these primary angles, encouraging regular movement that can encourage healthy circulation in the lower legs and feet. However, unlike many other tilting footrests, the TriRite Adjustable Footrest requires that a conscious effort be made to press down with the balls of the feet (similar to pressing the gas pedal in a vehicle). Without this effort, the platform remains stable at the fixed angle.
The TriRite platform is suspended between two triangular sides that are equipped with rubber floor grips at each corner. Adjustment of the angle can easily be achieved using the feet to flip the triangular base to a different position, with the rubber grips providing the necessary traction. Because both sides are connected the angle adjustment can be made using either foot. And, because the TriRite Footrest is constructed of lightweight plastics, any repositioning necessary can also be accomplished with the feet. Of course, adjustment can still be made by hand if necessary but the design is intended to eliminate any need to reach below the desk.
Encourages Healthy Circulation
- With three angle settings and a tilting platform, the TriRite Adjustable Footrest can facilitate regular changes of platform angle as well as flexing of the ankles and calf muscles. This regular movement encourages circulation in the lower extremities.
Reduces Strain on the Foot and Ankle
- Many office workers position one foot forward of the other while sitting, putting the foot into a position called plantar flexion. Plantar flexion can shorten the back leg muscles. Over time, sustained plantar flexion can allow the calf muscles to become tight and stiff which, in turn, can lead to a range of uncomfortable symptoms in the foot. The non-locking platform on the TriRite Adjustable Footrest encourages active flexing of the ankles, promoting healthy movement at the joint, and reducing strain caused by sustained plantar flexion, or sustained dorsiflexion.
Improves Upper Body Posture
- The TriRite Ajdustable Footrest can provide a supportive surface that encourages correct utilization of the chair backrest rather than "perching" on the front edge of the seat. The footrest positions the feet in a manner that encourages individuals to sit back in their chair and adopt a more upright and supportive posture.
Reduces Risk of Back Injury
- Weighing only 2.3 lbs (1.04 kg), and without any powerful spring mechanisms demanding extra caution, the TriRite is easily and safely repositioned by the feet, eliminating the bending or twisting that is required when reaching into the confined space beneath a desk.
- Three Fixed Angle Settings: The angle of the TriRite can be set to 10°, 20° or 33° by rotating the triangular bases.
- Tilting Platform: Although stable at the fixed angles, the TriRite's platform can also be freely and easily rotated back and forth simply by pressing down with the balls of the feet.
- Quick and Easy to Adjust: The simple design of two equilateral triangle bases connected to an off-centre fixed axle makes the TriRite one of the most effortlessly adjustable footrests on the market. Angle changes can be accomplished by using a foot to rotate the triangles to a new face.
- Sturdy Design: Constructed from durable, high strength ABS plastic, PVC and nylon, the TriRite is strong enough for the majority of home, office, retail, health care or educational environments.
- Anti-Slip Feet: Rubber coated feet ensure the TriRite stays in place without sliding. They also facilitate the easy rotation of the triangular base.
- Non-Slip Surface: The platform features a design of shallow ridges and grooves to prevent the heels from slipping. (See the images in the gallery below.)
- User-Friendly Components: The TriRite Footrest ships disassembled, but its components snap together easily and quickly in five simple steps. (See the Additional Resources section below for a video demonstration.)
- Light, Compact and Manageable: Its uncomplicated construction and light weight (only 2.3 lbs, 1.04 kg) make the TriRite easy to relocate to a different office, and to reposition beneath a desk.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Posturite TriRite Adjustable Footrest - 20° setting
Posturite TriRite Adjustable Footrest - 10° setting
Posturite TriRite Adjustable Footrest - 33° setting
Posturite TriRite Adjustable Footrest - 3 angles available
Posturite TriRite Adjustable Footrest - profile view
Posturite TriRite Adjustable Footrest - facing view
Posturite TriRite Adjustable Footrest - requires minimal assembly
- TriRite Adjustable Footrest Assembly Instructions: PDF
- TriRite Adjustable Footrest YouTube Video Instructions:
- Once you have assembled your TriRite Adjustable Footrest and placed in on the floor in front of your desk there should be no need to touch it with your hands again. You can use a foot to slide it into position below the desk, just pushing it from the side. Once it is in position you can then use the ball of your foot to rotate the rest through the three angles, to find which is most comfortable for you. And, because the TriRite is so lightweight, you can easily reposition the footrest to where it is most comfortable.
- Make a point of moving your feet and flexing your calf muscles throughout the day. This will encourage circulation in your lower legs and may aid in reducing some of the health risks associated with static sitting.
- Once your foot rest is correctly positioned make a point of sitting back in your chair and letting the backrest provide your back with the appropriate support. Not only is this good for the health of your back - it will also be more restful and has the potential to significantly reduce the risk of developing lower back pain due to poor posture. It may well also result in a more relaxed back, neck and shoulders with an accompanying reduction in end-of-day fatigue.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|982-0300|| Posturite TriRite Adjustable Footrest with 3 height adjustments|