| Additional Resources Accessories |
The Posturite Mouse Rest supports the weight of the mousing forearm in situations where chair arm rests may not be able to be elevated high enough to offer the necessary support, or may not even be present. With the forearm resting on the Mouse Rest, the smaller muscles of the upper back and shoulder no longer have to bear the weight, helping to reduce fatigue, inflammation, and pain in these muscle groups. The 8.7" deep by 7.5" wide support is comfortably padded to reduce the potential for pressure points on the forearms and is covered in easily-cleaned soft leatherette. Equipped with a convenient clamp-free mounting system (designed for use on desk tops up to 1.375" thick), the Mouse Rest can be removed or repositioned as needed, letting individuals switch between the right and left sides in just seconds. The mount can also be configured to provide either 2" or 3.5" of desk overlap—permitting them to customize it to their forearm length or desired usage style.
Caution: The Posturite Mouse Rest elevates the forearm up to 0.75" over the desk height. Be sure to take this measurement into consideration when establishing the correct height for seating.
Reduces Strain on Upper Back and Shoulders
- The Posturite Mouse Rest can relieve the burden on the muscles of the shoulders and upper back, which would otherwise bear the load of supporting and stabilizing the weight of the extended arms. During lengthy or repeated work sessions, these smaller upper body muscles can become fatigued and inflamed. The Posturite Mouse Rest prevents strain, and can give previously overtaxed muscle groups an opportunity to relax and recover.
Can Reduce Fatigue in the Arms and Hands
- When static tension in the shoulders and upper back muscles is alleviated, blood flow through the tissues of the arms and hands improves, reducing the risks of inflammation, pain and injury.
Prevents Inadvertent Wrist Extension
- The depth and slight elevation of the Posturite Mouse Rest prevent individuals from dropping the heel of their hand to the desk top when mousing. Preventing this bend at the wrist creates a healthier, neutral alignment of the hand and arm that can alleviate or prevent the development of painful conditions such as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Learn More About Wrist Extension
Provides Pressure-Free Support
- With the Posturite Mouse Rest, the weight of the forearm and wrist is distributed over a much greater surface area than is possible with a more traditional wrist rest or palm support, significantly reducing the possibility of uncomfortable pressure points. The soft, molded waterfall design also eliminates possible pinch points where the underside of the forearms would meet the edge of the desk.
- With insufficient arm support, there can be a tendency to hunch forward, especially when concentrating, or as one tires during a lengthy work session. The result is prolonged overextension of the muscles of the upper back, and at the rear of the shoulders and neck. Repeated periods of overextension in these muscle groups can cause pain and inflammation, and can lead to unhealthy tightening of the muscles in the chest. The Posturite Mouse Rest helps to avoid this hunched posture, allowing the spine to maintain the orthopedically stable "S" curve that keeps the muscles of the upper body in healthy balance.
- Soft Cushioning: Soft foam padding ensures that the forearms rest on no sharp edges or pressure points. The supple, imitation leather cover minimizes friction when moving across the surface.
- Clamp- and Tool-Free Mounting: The Posturite Mouse Rest is equipped with curved brackets that use gravity and downward force to ensure it remains in position. This also means that it can be repositioned or removed in just 2 or 3 seconds.
- Easy to Clean: The imitation leather surface is easily wiped down or disinfected with many common cleaners.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Posturite Mouse Rest
Posturite Mouse Rest-Clamp-free Mounting System
- Dimensions: 8.7" (22 cm) Deep x 7.5" (19 cm) Wide x 1" (2.5 cm) Thick
- Desk Thickness: Recommended for use on surfaces between 0.75" and 1.375" (1.9 to 3.5 cm) in thickness.
- Materials: Steel Plate and Brackets, Foam cushioning, Leatherette surface
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Package Contents: Posturite Mouse Rest, Assembly Instructions
- The Posturite Mouse Rest elevates the hand slightly above the work surface. This will generally not affect mouse usage with most traditional mice. However, it can change how the hand makes contact with some more specialized ergonomic mousing solutions. If in doubt about whether this may be a concern please do not hesitate to call in and speak with a product specialist.
- The Posturite Mouse Rest can be mounted in two positions. Experiment to find which position offers the best balance of arm support and mouse access. Remember that you do not want to be overreaching forward to access your mouse. When your hand is on the mouse with the cursor vertically centered on the screen and able to be moved fully up and down without the rest interfering, your hand and the mouse are in a "neutral" position. At this point your elbow should be "at rest", positioned almost directly below your shoulder.
- Use the Posturite Mouse Rest as intended, purely to support the weight of your forearm. Do not attempt to brace yourself against it while lifting yourself out of your chair.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|3533|| Posturite Mouse Rest, 8.7" Deep x 7.5" Wide|