| Additional Resources Accessories |
The Posturite Keyboard Rest supplies forearm support in environments where appropriate support is either absent or insufficient. With the forearms resting on the Keyboard Rest, the smaller muscles of the upper back and shoulders no longer have to bear the weight, helping to reduce fatigue, inflammation, and pain in these muscle groups. This can be especially beneficial for those working at sit-stand desks where the absence of traditional chair armrests can become more noticeable. Featuring a curved symmetrical design that accommodates both left- and right-handed individuals equally well, the rest can also assist in reducing the risk of wrist extension by serving as a functional palm support.
This 9" deep by 22.5" wide support is comfortably padded to reduce the potential for pressure points on the forearms and is covered in easily-cleaned soft leatherette. Equipped with a convenient clamp-free mounting system (designed for use on desk tops up to 1.375" thick) the Posturite Keyboard Rest can be easily repositioned as needed or fully removed. The Posturite Keyboard Rest should be used with keyboards that have a straight and minimal housing at the front. This avoids the risk of overreaching and shoulder strain that would occur if a keyboard with an integrated palm support were to be used.
Caution: The Posturite Keyboard Rest elevates the forearms up to .75" over the desk height. Be sure to take this measurement into consideration when establishing the correct height for a seat, or when adjusting the height of a sit-stand desk.
Reduces Strain on Upper Back and Shoulders
- The Posturite Keyboard Rest can relieve the burden on the muscles of the shoulders and upper back, which would otherwise bear the load of supporting and stabilizing the weight of the extended arms. During lengthy or repeated work sessions, these smaller upper body muscles can become fatigued and inflamed. The Posturite Keyboard Rest prevents strain, and can give previously overtaxed muscle groups an opportunity to relax and recover.
Can Reduce Fatigue in the Arms and Hands
- When static tension in the shoulders and upper back muscles is alleviated, blood flow through the tissues of the arms and hands improves, reducing the risks of inflammation, pain and injury.
Prevents Inadvertent Wrist Extension
- The depth and slight elevation of the Posturite Keyboard Rest prevent individuals from dropping the heels of their hands to the desk top when typing. Preventing this bend at the wrist creates a healthier, neutral alignment of the hand and arm that can alleviate or prevent the development of painful conditions such as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Learn More About Wrist Extension
Provides Pressure-Free Support
- With the Posturite Keyboard Rest, the weight of the forearm and wrist is distributed over a much greater surface area than is possible with a more traditional wrist rest or palm support, significantly reducing the possibility of uncomfortable pressure points. The soft, molded waterfall design also eliminates possible pinch points where the underside of the forearms would meet the edge of the desk.
- With insufficient arm support, there can be a tendency to hunch forward, especially when concentrating, or as one tires during a lengthy work session. The result is prolonged overextension of the muscles of the upper back, and at the rear of the shoulders and neck. Repeated periods of overextension in these muscle groups can cause pain and inflammation, and can lead to unhealthy tightening of the muscles in the chest. The Posturite Keyboard Rest helps to avoid this hunched posture, allowing the spine to maintain the orthopedically stable "S" curve that keeps the muscles of the upper body in healthy balance.
- Symmetric Design: The 22.5" wide rest features a symmetric design that works equally well for both left- and right-handed individuals, meaning both can equally appreciate the extra forearm support when mousing as well as keyboarding.
- Soft Cushioning: Soft foam padding ensures that the forearms rest on no sharp edges or pressure points. The supple, imitation leather cover minimizes friction when moving across the surface.
- Clamp- and Tool-Free Mounting: The Posturite Keyboard Rest is equipped with curved brackets that use gravity and downward force to ensure it remains in position. This also means that it can be repositioned or removed in just 2 or 3 seconds.
- Easy to Clean: The imitation leather surface is easily wiped down or disinfected with many common cleaners.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Posturite Keyboard Rest Mounted on Desk
Posturite Keyboard Rest with Keyboard
Posturite Keyboard Rest Clamp-free Mounting System
- Dimensions: 9" (23 cm) Deep x 22.5" (57 cm) Wide x 1" (2.5 cm) Thick
- Desk Thickness: Recommended for use on surfaces between 0.75" and 1.375" (1.9 to 3.5 cm) in thickness.
- Materials: Steel Plate and Brackets, Foam cushioning, Leatherette surface
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Package Contents: Posturite Keyboard Rest, Assembly Instructions
- Avoid using the Posturite Keyboard Rest with non-standard keyboards. If your keyboard has a curved front edge, or has integrated palm supports, you will likely find that you have to reach too far forward to access the keys, creating tension in the muscles of the back, shoulders and neck. Attempting to use the Posturite Keyboard Rest with a non-standard keyboard risks recreating one of the problems the product was designed to address.
- Use the Posturite Keyboard Rest as intended, i.e. to support the weight of your arms. Do not attempt to brace yourself against the support to lift yourself out of your chair.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|3534|| Posturite Keyboard Rest, 22.5" Long x 9" Deep|