Page last updated: Fri, 19-Jul-2019 14:31:44
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
X-keys XKE-40 Stickby PI Engineering
| Additional Resources Usage Tips Accessories |
The X-keys XKE-40 Stick is a USB HID class device that uses the latest MacroWorks 3.1 software and standard Xkeys functions to provide easily customizable layouts, programming options, and legending for whatever features required in a compact format. This unit has 40 relegendable single keys in an extruded metal casing, blue and red backlighting for each addressable key, USB connection to PC or Mac, and free Software Development Kits for Windows, OS X, Linux, Android, and raw HID.
This device can send keystrokes to any operating system or application which recognizes a USB keyboard. The X-keys XKE-40 Stick has internal memory which allows a user to program the Stick on one computer and retain that programming, so that the custom layout is recognized as Plug and Play on other computers. Clear key lenses keep printed or hand written legends securely in place and protect them from wear while making it quick and easy to update them. Red and blue backlighting with adjustable intensity and detachable feet under the housing improve the visibility and viewing angle of the key legends.
MacroWorks 3.1 (MW3) Software provides simple programming for launching applications, opening files or accessing directories. It allows the user to insert special characters, foreign language letters and symbols as Unicode text strings which can then be assigned to any key. PI Engineering's new PI3 firmware offers new capabilities to the developer including flash updates, a joystick/mouse emulation and the newly developed Reflector Mode. Reflector Mode allows the developer to send outbound messages to the X-keys which can be reflected back to the Operating System in keyboard, mouse or joystick data stream.
Note: The XKE-40 is designed to sit on a flat surface and can be angled at 45° using the included feet.
Optimization of the Workstation
- X-keys replace multiple keystrokes with single keystrokes, so that less finger movement and effort is required to performing frequent repetitive tasks. By creating these keying shortcuts the workload on the fingers is greatly reduced along with associated stress on the hand, wrist or arm.
45 Degree Positioning on Surface
- The X-keys XKE-40 Stick can be placed anywhere on a flat desk surface with two feet that allow it to be positioned at 45°.
- Applicable to a Number of Occupations: X-keys is ideal for Engineers, Artists and Graphic Designers, Non-Typists, Video Editors, HTML Coders, Internet Chat, Gamers, Programmers, and Data Entry typists. It also is applicable for anyone who frequently types information like names, phone numbers, passwords and keyboard shortcuts as part of their everyday workload. Keyboard macros and hotkeys offer quick, easy and direct access to specific functions, and the X-keys provides a clearly labeled, physical location for these complex or redundant actions.
- Software Mode vs Hardware Mode: In Software Mode, all programming of the keys is stored in your computer in MacroWorks 3.1 files (or ControllerMate) and requires the installation MacroWorks 3.1 software (or ControllerMate software) to function. If the device is moved to another computer without MacroWorks 3.1 (or ControllerMate) installed, it will not work. It would need to be installed again on another computer and the original programmed file copied to that computer or the device reprogrammed. When programming in Software Mode, sliding the programming switch on the device to the "On" position does not program the device in Hardware Mode but is part of programming in Software Mode. The XKE-40 has Hardware Mode capability accessible through the updated MacroWorks 3.1 software.
- Short Travel Tactile Keyswitches: X-keys XKE-40 Sticks have short travel tactile keyswitches, providing reliable performance (rated at over 1 million operations).
- Blue and Red LED Backlighting: Illuminates key legends in dark working environments with individually customizable addressable blue and red backlights.
- Included Clear Keycaps: The clear keycaps snap off for applying and changing key legends, protecting the legends and providing quick visual cues to locate shortcuts and macros with a glance. Included pre-cut legend sheets make it easy to hand inscribe labels for programmed keys.
- Mounting Feet: In order to mount the X-keys XKE-40 Stick on a flat surface, two feet slide into the back of the stick to give a 45° angling.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
X-keys XKE-40 Stick
X-keys XKE-40 Stick
X-keys XKE-40 Stick
X-keys XKE-40 Stick - Close up
X-keys XKE-40 Stick - Flat
X-keys XKE-40 Stick - Angled with Feet
- Dimensions: 19" x 1.75" x 1.4", (483 mm x 44 mm x 10 mm)
- Weight: 21 oz. (0.6 kg)
- Cord Length: 118" (3 m)
- Keyswitch Type: Full-travel rubber dome, carbon on gold contacts, guaranteed for over 1 million operations
- Keycap Type: 0.625” (16mm) sq.; relegendable with Cherry MX compatible stem
- Key Spacing: 0.75" O.C.
- USB Type: USB 1.1 compatible through 3.0 Type-c with adapter
- Number of Keys: 40 single keys
- Software: Windows: MacroWorks 3, Mac: ControllerMate, Other: SDK
- Certifications: FCC class B, CE, RoHS, WEEE compliant
- Warranty: 1 year limited warranty
- Package Contents: X-keys XKE-40 Stick, Legend Sheet (1 pre-printed, 1 blank), Product Manual, Double stick pads
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|XK-1500-USK40-R|| XKE-40 Stick|