Page last updated: Wed, 16-Jan-2019 16:09:51
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
X-keys XK-60 Programmable Keyboardby PI Engineering
| Additional Resources Usage Tips Accessories |
The XK-60 Programmable Keypad uses the latest MacroWorks 3.1 software and standard Xkeys functions to yield easily customizable layouts, programming options, and legending for whatever features required. This unit has 60 relegendable keys, blue and red backlighting for each addressable key, hardware mode supporting keyboard, mouse, and joystick emulation, and more.
This device can send keystrokes to any operating system or application which recognizes a USB keyboard. X-keys XK-60 has internal memory which allows a user to program the keypad on one computer and retain that programming, so that the custom layout is recognized as Plug and Play on other computers. Clear key lenses keep printed or hand written legends securely in place and protect them from wear while making it quick and easy to update them. Red and blue backlighting with adjustable intensity and detachable feet under the housing improve the visibility and viewing angle of the key legends.
MacroWorks 3.1 (MW3) Software provides simple programming for launching applications, opening files or accessing directories. It allows the user to insert special characters, foreign language letters and symbols as Unicode text strings which can then be assigned to any key. PI Engineering's new PI3 firmware offers new capabilities to the developer including flash updates, a joystick / mouse emulation and the newly developed Reflector Mode. Reflector Mode allows the developer to send outbound messages to the X-keys which can be reflected back to the Operating System in keyboard, mouse or joystick data stream.
Note: This model is identical to the XK-80 model but has 20 key blockers permanently installed.
Optimization of the Workstation
- X-keys replace multiple keystrokes with single keystrokes, so that less finger movement and effort is required to performing frequent repetitive tasks. By creating these keying shortcuts the workload on the fingers is greatly reduced along with associated stress on the hand, wrist or arm.
High Quality Membrane Keyswitches
- X-keys XK-60 has high force tactile membrane keyswitches, which reduce keying errors, ensuring precise data entry and providing reliable performance (rated at over 1 million operations).
- The keypad can be programmed as 2 layers (one key is used as a layer toggle key), providing access to 118 functions which can be stored either in the internal memory of the keypad or in the computer. This provides a custom input device which acts as an substitution/addition for an existing keyboard, mouse or joystick.
- The keypad can be placed in landscape or portrait orientation as desired to address limitations imposed by the layout of the workstation, geography of programmed keys or personal preferences.
- Attaching the wedge shaped feet to the left or right side of the keypad allows a user to tent the keypad up to 7° to reduce pronation.
Easy to Read
- User can tent the keypad up to 8° by attaching wedge shaped feet to the top or the bottom of the keypad which makes the key legends easier to see.
- Applicable to a Number of Occupations: X-keys is ideal for Engineers, Artists and Graphic Designers, Non-Typists, Video Editors, HTML Coders, Internet Chat, Gamers, Programmers, and Data Entry typists. It also is applicable for anyone who frequently types information like names, phone numbers, passwords and keyboard shortcuts as part of their everyday workload. Keyboard macros and hotkeys offer quick, easy and direct access to specific functions, and the X-keys provides a clearly labeled, physical location for these complex or redundant actions.
- 2 Layers of Portable Programmability: A user can program the keypad into 118 programmable function keys (59 single keys with 2 layers of programming capability using one key to toggle). The X-keys stores assigned keystrokes (scan codes) in its internal memory and may be programmed on one system and used on another (which will work plug and play). Users could make Layer 1 a Left Handed Keypad, and Layer 2 a Right Handed Keypad, or Layer 1 a layout for Program "A" and Layer 2 a layout for Program "B".
- Software Mode vs Hardware Mode: In Software Mode, all programming of the keys is stored in your computer in MacroWorks 3.1 files (or ControllerMate) and requires the installation MacroWorks 3.1 software (or ControllerMate software) to function. If the device is moved to another computer without MacroWorks 3.1 (or ControllerMate) installed, it will not work. It would need to be installed again on another computer and the original programmed file copied to that computer or the device reprogrammed. When programming in Software Mode, sliding the programming switch on the device to the "On" position does not program the device in Hardware Mode but is part of programming in Software Mode. The new XK-60 has Hardware Mode capability accessible through the updated MacroWorks 3.1 software.
- Blue and Red LED Backlighting: Illuminates key legends in dark working environments with individually customizable blue or red backlights.
- Included Clear Keycaps: The clear keycaps snap off for applying and changing key legends, protecting the legends and providing quick visual cues to locate shortcuts and macros with a glance. Included precut legend sheets make it easy to hand inscribe labels for programmed keys.
- Keypad Orientation: The keypad can be placed in landscape or portrait position either to fit the needs of the user or limitations of the workstation.
- Angle Adjustability: Removable rubber feet are included with the XKeys and provide 2 tenting positions of 7° "side-to-side" and 8° "front-to-back".
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
XK-60 Programmable Keypad
XK-60 Blue Backlighting
XK-60 Red Backlighting
XK-60 Box Contents
- Dimensions: 8.25” x 7.25” x 0.94” (21cm x 18.4cm x 2.4cm)
- Weight: 1.6 lb. (726 g)
- USB type: Compatible with USB 1.1 through 2.0
- Cord Length: 56” (1.42 m)
- Keycap Size: 5/8” (16mm)
- Actuation Force: ~2.5 oz (72g) break-over, ~1.5 oz (42g) hold
- Number of Keys: 60
- Switch Type: Rubber dome low profile, ¾” (19mm) on center, guaranteed for more than 1 million operations (key stem is compatible with Cherry MX)
- Included Software: Windows: MacroWorks 3, Mac: ControllerMate, Other: SDK
- Operating System: Windows: XP, Vista, 7 (32 or 64 bit), Mac OS X, Others via USB keyboard
- Warranty: 1 year
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|XK-0979-UBK60|| XK-60 Programmable Keypad, USB|