Page last updated: Fri, 17-May-2019 15:20:21
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
X-keys XK-24 Programmable Keypadby PI Engineering
| Additional Resources Usage Tips |
X-keys XK-24 is a user-programmable keypad which becomes a custom input solution able to meet the needs of any specific user. It provides the ability to eliminate repetitive multiple or combination keystrokes by mapping them to a single keystroke. This keypad can be programmed in 2 distinct layers with 46 programmable functions and serve as addition or substitution to the standard USB keyboard. This device can send keystrokes to any operating system or application which recognizes a USB keyboard. X-keys XK-24 has internal memory which allows a user to program the keypad on one computer and retain that programming, so that the custom layout is recognized as plug and play on other computers. Clear key lenses keep printed or hand written legends securely in place and protect them from wear while making it quick and easy to update them. Red and blue backlighting with adjustable intensity and detachable feet improve the visibility and viewing angle of the key legends.
MacroWorks 3 (MW3) Software provides simple programming for launching applications, opening files or accessing directories. It allows the user to insert special characters, foreign language letters and symbols as Unicode text strings which can then be assigned to any key. PI Engineering's new PI3 firmware offers new capabilities to the developer including flash updates, a joystick / mouse emulation and the newly developed Reflector Mode. Reflector Mode allows the developer to send outbound messages to the X-keys which can be reflected back to the Operating System in keyboard, mouse or joystick data stream.
Optimization of the Workstation
- X-keys replace multiple keystrokes with single keystrokes, so that less finger movement and effort is required to performing frequent repetitive tasks. By creating these keying shortcuts the workload on the fingers is greatly reduced along with associated stress on the hand, wrist or arm.
High Quality Membrane Keyswitches
- X-keys X-24 has high force tactile membrane keyswitches, which reduce keying errors, ensuring precise data entry and providing reliable performance (rated at over 1 million operations).
- The keypad can be programmed as 2 layers (one key is used as a layer toggle key), providing access to 46 functions which can be stored either in the internal memory of the keypad or in the computer. This provides a custom input device which acts as an substitution/addition for an existing keyboard, mouse or joystick.
- The keypad can be placed in landscape or portrait orientation as desired to address limitations imposed by the layout of the workstation, geography of programmed keys or personal preferences.
- Attaching the wedge shaped feet to the left or right side of the keypad allows a user to tent the keypad up to 7° to reduce pronation.
Easy to Read
- User can tent the keypad up to 8° by attaching wedge shaped feet to the top or the bottom of the keypad which makes the key legends easier to see.
- Applicable to a Number of Occupations: X-keys is ideal for Engineers, Artists and Graphic Designers, Non-Typists, Video Editors, HTML Coders, Internet Chat, Gamers, Programmers, and Data Entry typists. It also is applicable for anyone who frequently types information like names, phone numbers, passwords and keyboard shortcuts as part of their everyday workload. Keyboard macros and hotkeys offer quick, easy and direct access to specific functions, and the X-keys provides a clearly labeled, physical location for these complex or redundant actions.
- 2 Layers of Portable Programmability: A user can program the keypad into 46 programmable function keys (24 single keys with 2 layers of programming capability using one key to toggle). The X-keys stores assigned keystrokes (scan codes) in its internal memory and may be programmed on one system and used on another (which will work plug and play). Users could make Layer 1 a Left Handed Keypad, and Layer 2 a Right Handed Keypad, or Layer 1 a layout for Program 'A' and Layer 2 a layout for Program 'B'.
- Software Mode vs Hardware Mode: In Software Mode, all programming of the keys is stored in your computer in MacroWorks 3 files (or ControllerMate) and requires the installation MacroWorks 3 software (or ControllerMate software) to function. If the device is moved to another computer without MacroWorks 3 (or ControllerMate) installed, it will not work. It would need to be installed again on another computer and the original programmed file copied to that computer or the device reprogrammed. When programming in Software Mode, sliding the programming switch on the device to the 'on' position does not program the device in Hardware Mode but is part of programming in Software Mode. The new XK-24 has Hardware Mode capability accessible through the updated MacroWorks 3 software.
- Blue and Red LED Backlighting: Illuminates key legends in dark working environments with individually customizable blue or red backlights.
- Included Clear Keycaps: The clear keycaps snap off for applying and changing key legends, protecting the legends and providing quick visual cues to locate shortcuts and macros with a glance. Included precut legend sheets make it easy to hand inscribe labels for programmed keys.
- Keypad Orientation: The keypad can be placed in landscape or portrait position either to fit the needs of the user or limitations of the workstation.
- Angle Adjustability: Removable rubber feet are included with the XKeys and provide 2 tenting positions of 7° 'side-to-side' and 8° 'front-to-back'.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
X-Keys XK-24 Programmable Keypad
X-Keys XK-24 Programmable Keypad - Handheld Convenience
X-Keys XK-24 Programmable Keypad - Blue, Red, or Combined Backlighting
X-Keys XK-24 Programmable Keypad - Horizontal or Vertical Orientation Options
X-Keys XK-24 Programmable Keypad - Wedge Feet Enable Angled Orientation
X-Keys XK-24 Programmable Keypad - Rubber Feet for Stable Positioning
X-Keys XK-24 Programmable Keypad - What is Included
X-Keys XK-24 Programmable Keypad - Dimensional Drawing
X-Keys XK-24 Programmable Keypad (Black & White)
X-Keys XK-24 (Black & White) - Customizable Keycaps
- Width: 3.8" (9.7 cm)
- Depth (front to back): 5.8" (14.7 cm)
- Height: 0.94" (2.4 cm)
- Weight: 10 oz (285 grams)
- Cord Length: 56" (1.42 m)
- Keyswitch Type: Full-travel rubber dome (higher force tactile), carbon on gold contacts, over 1 million operations
- Number of Keys: 24 single keys OR 46 programmable keys with 2nd layer (with one key programmed to toggle)
- Number of Layers: 2 layers, user selectable toggle and/or shift keys
- Key Pitch: 19 mm (removable clear caps for easy labeling)
- Memory Capacity: Each key is allocated 3
characters and a pool of
keystrokes is available
to any keys that require
- Memory Type: EEPROM, non volatile
memory (X-Keys retains
memory for over 200 years)
- Power Supply: USB port, 5 V (D.C.)
Backlighting off: less than
All backlighting on full:
less than 265 mA
- Included in the Box:
- Double keys (one horizontal and two vertical)
- Keycap puller
- Legend sheet
- 2 angled feet
- Compatibility - Operating system: To program the keypad: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, Mac OS X (v. 10.6)
Once programmed in Hardware Mode, the XKeys can be used with any OS supporting USB including Windows, Mac, Unix, and Sun
- Compatibility - Software (included): MacroWorks 3 (for Windows)
ControllerMate for X-keys
- Interface: USB
- Certifications: FCC class B, CE, RoHS
- Warranty: 1 year
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|XK-24|| X-keys XK-24 Programmable Keypad|
|XK-1483-UABK24-R|| X-keys XK-24 Programmable Keypad, Black Housing, White Backlighting|
|XK-A-556-R|| P.I. Engineering X-Keys Key Blocker Accessory Kit, set of 10 individual key blockers, Black|
|XK-A-529-R|| P.I. Engineering X-Keys Tall (2x1) Transparent Keycap Accessory Kit, set of 10 Tall keycaps, Clear|
|XK-A-528-R|| P.I. Engineering X-Keys Wide (1x2) Transparent Keycap Accessory Kit, set of 10 Wide keycaps, Clear|
|XK-A-548-R|| P.I. Engineering X-Keys Set of 10 Transparent Single Keycaps, no Legends, 1 x 1|
|XK-A-1139|| P.I. Engineering X-Keys Single Blank Stickless Legend Sheets (10-pack), 7 x 12 grid (84 keycaps total)|
|XK-A-1141|| P.I. Engineering X-Keys Wide Blank Stickless Legend Sheets (10-pack), 6 x 6 grid (36 keycaps total)|
|XK-A-1142|| P.I. Engineering X-Keys Wide Blank Stickless Legend Sheets (10-pack), 12 x 3 grid (36 keycaps total)|
|XK-A-1143|| P.I. Engineering X-Keys Quad Blank Stickless Legend Sheets (10-pack), 6 x 3 grid (18 keycaps total)|