X-Keys Orby Switches from PI Engineering offer users a low (100 g) activation force with a clearly audible click for notification of both activation and deactivation. The 2.5" diameter surface activates the switch from any contact location and is large enough to provide a significant target zone without being two large for practical placement. The brightly coloured (Red, Yellow, Blue, and Green) buttons are highly visible and lend themselves to serve as visual cues to aid in identifying the command to be performed.Orby Switches connect to any control module or switch-adapted device that accepts the industry standard 3.5 mm plug. For stability Orby switches feature a non-slip backing or can be secured using the dual threaded brass inserts.
Reduces Targeting Stress
- Computer users who experience spasms or have difficulty with fine motor skills can become quite stressed when trying to target buttons on many traditional mousing devices. By presenting a large activation surface which does not require fine targeting they are able to accomplish the task with less effort.
Light Activation Force
- With an activation force of just 100 grams and only 0.5 mm of travel required the Orby Switch can be activated even by users with very limited strength. The size of the switch means that a hand, elbow, knee, or any other part of the body which can be moved to even a nominal degree can be employed to accomplish the switch activation.
Assists in Targeted Control
- Users with tremors or involuntary movement may benefit from the isolated linear movement of the Orby Switch. Unlike some other assistive style switches which can be activated by the lightest pressure from any direction, the Orby Switch requires that the force be clearly directed in the direction of the switch travel. This can greatly reduce unintentional activation that can occur from tremors or accidental movement. The slightly higher force requirement (100 grams) is still well within the range of the majority of users.
- Light Activation: Activation requires just 100 grams of force and only 0.5 mm of travel.
- Compact Size: At only 2.5" in diameter the Orby Switch occupies minimal space.
- Low Profile Design: The Orby Switch rises to just 0.87" at the crown so it requires minimal clearance for positioning.
- Equipped for Secure Mounting: Orby Switches are equipped with threaded brass inserts for applications requiring secure fixed mounting.
- Multiple Colour Options: Orby Switches are available in the four primary colours—Red, Green, Blue & Yellow—for ease of function identification.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Orby Switch - 4 Colours
Orby Switch - Small Footprint
Orby Switch - Light Activation
Orby Switch - Mounting Template
- Orby Switch Spec Sheet: PDF
Diameter: 2.5" (64 mm)
Height: 0.87" (22 mm)
- Weight: 2.75 oz (80 grams) with cord and pad
- Activation Force: 3.5 oz (100 grams)
- Switch Travel:
Activation: 0.02" (0.5 mm)
Full Travel: 0.05" (1.3 mm)
- Switch Type: Audible, tactile
- Compatibility: Switch enabled devices or switch interfaces which accept the standard 1/8" or 3.5 mm mini-phone plug and require momentary contact.
- Interface: 0.125" (3.5 mm) mini-phone plug
- Cord Length: 60" (1.5 metres)
Non-Slip Pad: 0.0625" (1.6 mm) thick
Threaded Inserts (brass): 2 x #6-32
Insert Spacing: 1.1" (28 mm)O.C. - (centered on switch body)
- Warranty: 2 Years, Manufacturer Direct
- Package Contents: Orby Switch, Non-slip Backing, Instructions
- Orby Switches can be used for either temporary applications (using the non-slip pad) or can be permanently secured to a surface using the preinstalled threaded inserts.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|XK-A-1218-R|| Orby Switch, Red, 2.5" diameter|
|XK-A-1219-R|| Orby Switch, Yellow, 2.5" diameter|
|XK-A-1220-R|| Orby Switch, Blue, 2.5" diameter|
|XK-A-1221-R|| Orby Switch, Green, 2.5" diameter|
|XK-1283-UJS3-R|| X-Keys USB 3 Switch Interface|
|XK-1202-UHS12-R|| XKeys USB Switch Interface|