| Additional Resources Usage Tips |
The Mousetrapper Flexible is the latest version of the Mousetrapper Advance, an alternative mousing devicethat eliminates the need to reach beyond your keyboard. Cursor control is achieved through the use of a'steering pad' which is centrally located directly below the keyboard, enabling ambidextrous use without theneed of transferring a mouse from side to side. The steering pad makes finger touch control easy, requiringminimal effort and physical dexterity to accurately perform mousing actions. The surface of the padeffectively 'grips' the finger tip, allowing the finger to easily steer the pad, as compared to a touchpad wherethe surface is static and the finger glides over it. Unlike most touchpads, multiple fingers can be allowed torest on the surface of the steering pad, permitting a more relaxed hand position. The unique technologyoffered by the two-dimensional scrolling pad provides a more intuitive interface than rollerbars, touchpads ortrackballs while maintaining the rich secondary features including built-in vertical scroll and back/forwardwhen browsing the web (like on a Cirque touchpad). Left clicks can be activated at any time, anywhere onthe steering pad, located just below where the space bar would be on your keyboard and easily within reachof your hands as they type. For the ultimate in convenience the Mousetrapper Flexible can be used as either a "Wired" or "Wireless" Device. The wireless receiver conveniently stows in the underside of the Mousetrapper unit so that it will always be available on the road and the entire unit can be stored in the included neoprene travel bag.
Reduces Strain from Over-reaching
- The Mousetrapper Flexible is designed to eliminate reaching for the mouse, which in turn helps alleviate or reduce the risk of injuries to the shoulder and upper arm that can be aggravated by repetitive reaching, especially to areas beyond the comfort zone of the user.
No Static Grip
- As cursor control is performed by simple contact with the Steering Pad surface there is no necessity to "grip" anything. The lightest touch of a single or multiple fingertips will give the user complete cursor control. Since the steering pad is not contact sensitive users are able to allow the hand to relax and rest on the pad, permitting any or all fingers to be used to control the cursor, encouraging natural hand flexing and movement. arm that can be aggravated by repetitive reaching, especially to areas beyond the comfort zone of the user.
- Since the user physically moves the steering pad there is immediate tactile feedback. The silicone-coated ribbed surface of the steering pad communicates the movement to the nerves of the fingers, giving users a sense of "control" that is not available through a traditional touchpad or cylindrical mousing device. Buttons offer a crisp response, clearly notifying the user of the activation.
Low Activation Force
- Clicks are easily performed with minimal effort. The weight of the hand and fingers naturally exerts downward force, resulting in little additional effort being required to activate the tactile switches.
- The central location of the steering pad and buttons provides both hands with equal access to the controls, enabling load-balancing usage throughout the day.
Extra Support for Palms
- While the steering pad is located ideally just below the hands that are typing, the surround area of the Mousetrapper Flexible acts as additional resting space for the palms and forearm, effectively reducing stress on these parts, including the wrists.
- Nine Programmable Buttons provide enhanced productivity through advanced programming with MT Keys software, offering users the opportunity to simplify repetitive keyboard functions to a single click.
- Steering Pad: This steering pad is unique to the Mousetrapper. Although it looks like a touchpad, itis more like a treadmill that moves in all directions, not just up and down. Up and down movement iscontinuous like a treadmill, and left to right movement is set at about 3.5" either way, which isenough to move the cursor across the screen. The fingers of the user do not glide over the surface of thesteering pad (as they would on a touchpad): they move the steering pad itself. Cursor control isnaturally intuitive as one moves the steering pad in a two-dimensional linear plane, unlikecylindrical pointing devices. Left and Double clicks are easily performed using the Steering Pad, alsomuch easier than with a cylindrical device as the finger is simply pressing against a flat 2-dimensionalsurface, rather than a cylinder which can easily rotate from any off-centre downward pressure.
- Cursor Gliding: When the surface of the steering pad can no longer be moved to either side (due tolimited left and right movement), but the cursor is not yet at the edge of the screen, the cursor willautomatically move to the screen edge. This automatic cursor repositioning feature will recalibratethe steering pad so that normal cursor movement can resume. It is a normal part of using the steeringpad and does not impede its performance.
- Enhanced Cursor Control: By utilizing the free software users can program a single button totemporarily slow cursor movement to provide pixel-by-pixel movement. This feature can provide anincredible level of precise control for CAD and Graphic Design users alike.
- Tactile Buttons: Nine reprogrammable* tactile buttons located around the steering pad provide acrisp click sensation for positive tactile response.
- Programmable: The nine re-programmable* buttons located around the steering pad provide thebasic functions of most mice: right click, middle click, double click (left click is on the steering pad)as well as advanced shortcuts: copy, paste, drag lock, web page forward and web page back.Reprogramming is done through the FREE MT Keys software, downloadable from the manufacturer's Website. and provides an extensive range of custom programming options.
- Vertical Scrolling: The steering pad also has a scrolling feature, much like the one on Cirque touchpads. Toactivate this feature, the finger is placed on the rightmost side of the pad and the pad is moved upand down. Another feature for web browsing: if a click is made while moving up, the "Back" function onthe browser will be activated; if clicked while moving down, the "Forward" function will beactivated.
- Shortcut Buttons: Clicks and Keyboard Stretches are reduced via the Default PreprogrammedShortcut Buttons. Default commands include (Copy [CTRL/C], Paste [CTRL/v], Double Click, DragLock, Web page Forward, and Web Page Back. Programmability option enables users to customizetheir own profiles.
- Compact: The design of the Mousetrapper Flexible accommodates any traditional or rectangularkeyboard. The 12 inch wide reduced footprint fits perfectly with most compact keyboards.
- Wired & Wireless: The Mousetrapper Flexible features a rechargeable extended-life battery and a Wireless Receiver which enables it to be used as a wired device which recharging the battery or as a totally Wireless and Cordless device, making it perfect for on-the-road-use.
- Palm Rests: Smooth polyurethane-coated palm rests reduce wrist extension by supporting the handsat keyboard height.
- Height Adjustment: For higher keyboards there are two small legs on the underside of theMousetrapper Flexible in order to increase the height of the steering pad in relation to the keyboard.(1/4" lift).
- Storage/Travel Case: The Mousetrapper Flexible SMT507 model comes with a zippered soft neoprene travel casedesigned to protect the unit from damage when travelling.
- Default Control Settings: Buttons:
* There is a ridge between the buttons which prevents two buttons being pressed at one time, thusavoiding dual commands.
- Top Left Button: Auto Scroll/Middle (third) Button
- Top Right button: Right Click
- Middle Left Button: Copy/Ctrl+C
- Middle Right Button: Paste/Ctrl+V
- Lower Left Button: On/Off
- Lower Right Button: Double Click
- Bottom Left Button: Browse Back
- Bottom Right Button: Browse Forward
- Bottom Centre Button: Click Lock
- Steering Pad:
- Left Click: Finger can be placed anywhere on the steering pad and gently pressed down untila clicking sound is heard.
- Double Click: Pressing the finger down gently twice without lifting the finger will generate adouble click. (finger cannot be lifted from surface between clicks).
- Scroll: Finger can be placed at the extreme right edge of the steering pad to activate verticalscroll. Once in contact a simple up/down movement will scroll the screen accordingly.
- Extended Scrolling: Once scrolling is begun the steering pad may be moved up and downwithout keeping any finger on the right edge. The scrolling stops once the steering pad stops.By using two fingers to maintain steady movement on the steering pad you can scrollsmoothly though long documents with minimum effort.
- Web Navigation: Back - Place finger at the rightmost edge of the steering pad. Pull down at least onecentimetre (1/2") and click. Navigating further back just takes additional clicks. (fingermust remain in contact between clicks). Forward - Place finger at the rightmost edge of the steering pad. Pull up at least onecentimetre (1/2") and click. Further forward navigation can be done by additionalclicks. (finger must remain in contact between clicks)
- Custom Programming: Mousetrapper offers free software called MT Keys which can be downloaded fromwww.mousetrapper.com. This powerful software enables users to check and/or change the assignedfunctions of all buttons on the Mousetrapper Flexible. Most users have several commands which theyaccess on a repetitive basis. Programming these into a single click can reduce awkward stretches andactually decrease the time required to perform these actions, effectively increasing productivity.
MT Keys also enables users to assign specific profiles for unique purposes. By default the programoffers a single pre-programmed profile for general computer usage. The default functions for thisprofile are as described above. Any user can also create custom profiles specific to their needs. Forexample, CAD users can take advantage of the "Enhance Cursor Precision" option to enable accuratepixel-by-pixel control while still retaining rapid movement when necessary. The range of functionsavailable for each button is too extensive to list. See the image gallery to get an idea of what isavailable.
The Profile Management is also a great solution for multi-user workstations, as each user can assignand quickly select the settings which are most suitable to their work pattern and personal comfort.
Two unique functions which bring even greater enhanced capabilities to Mousetrapper Flexible arethe following:
"Enhance Cursor Precision" - This enables users to use a single button to temporarily slow cursormovement to provide pixel-by-pixel movement. This feature can provide incredible control for CADand Graphic Design users alike.
"End Switch" - A function which enables the cursor to continue to move in the direction desired ifthe steering pad reaches the end of its movement prior to the cursor reaching its destination in thatdirection. Vertical motion can still be controlled while the cursor continues to move in the desireddirection. This can be of great benefit for those users who are using extremely high resolutions, thenewest high resolution monitors or multiple monitor setups.
- Switchable Primary Buttons: For work environments where Administrator privileges are limited MT Keys can be downloaded andinstalled on any computer with Administrator privileges enabling the Mousetrapper Flexible to becustom programmed for use on other systems as the software writes the settings to the MousetrapperFlexible and they are retained in non-volatile memory.
Note: In order to take advantage of moving between Profiles MT Keys must be installed on the hostcomputer.
- Power Settings:
- Battery Conservation (SLEEP) mode: The Mousetrapper Flexible utilizes a 3-Level "Sleep Mode" which activates automatically
- after 7 seconds the device switches its first power saving mode and consumes less power
- after 20 seconds the devices switches to its second power saving mode, in which it consumeseven less power
- after 420 seconds (5 minutes) the devices switches to sleep mode, from which it takes the device0.7 seconds to restart
- the device always switches to power saving mode in order to save battery time
- Automatic Switch-Off: When the USB receiver is disconnected from the USB port of the PC, your Mousetrapper Flexiblewill switch off automatically. To restart the unit, reconnect the USB receiver and press the on/offbutton for 5 seconds
- Charging: When the battery lamp flashes red, the battery needs recharging. You can simply plug in the includedrecharging cable and continue working. When the battery symbol displays a steady green light thebattery is fully charged and the Mousetrapper Flexible is ready for wireless use
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Mousetrapper Flexible with compact keyboard
Mousetrapper Flexible with compact keyboard in laptop setup
Mousetrapper Flexible with carrying pouch
Mousetrapper Flexible Reprogramming Software
Mousetrapper Flexible Reprogramming Software
Mousetrapper Flexible Reprogramming Software
- DPI Settings: 400 - 1500 DPI (variable using MT Keys Programming software). Default is 500 DPI.
- Width: 12.0" (300 mm)
- Depth (Front to Back): 3.74" (95 mm)
- Height: 0.75" (19 mm)
- Height with Legs Extended: 1.0" (25 mm)
- Steering Pad Width: 3.0" (7.6 cm)
- Steering Pad Depth: 2.0" (5.1 cm)
- Embedded Left Click in Cursor Control: Yes
- Colour: Black
- Number of Buttons: 9 (fully programmable with downloadable software)
- Compatibility: PC: Windows 98 SE, ME, 2000, XP (32 and 64 bit), Vista (32 and 64 bit), Windows 7.0 (32and 64 bit), Windows 8, Windows 10
Mac: Mac OS X 10.7 or later
- Interface: USB
- Wireless (RF) Frequency: 2.4 GHz
- Wireless Range: 10 metres (33 feet)
- Weight: 295 grams (10.2 oz)
400 grams (14.1 oz) with Neoprene Transport Case (SMT507 model only)
- Warranty: 2 Years
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|MT106|| Mousetrapper Flexible, Wireless, USB interface, Black|
|MT107|| Mousetrapper Flexible, Wireless, USB interface, White|
|SMT507|| Mousetrapper Flexible, Wireless, USB interface (includes carry case)|
|TB202|| Mousetrapper Armrest for Flexible|
|TB204|| Mousetrapper Replacement USB Cable, Black|
|TB206|| MouseTrapper Replacement Dongle for Mousetrapper Flexible, Black|
|TB207|| MouseTrapper Replacement Dongle for Mousetrapper Flexible, White|