| Usage Tips Accessories |
The Mousetrapper Delta returns to its 1994 family roots - the original rollerbar-driven inline pointing device mouse alternative. Now employing a new ultra-lightweight carbon-fibre rollerbar, the Delta offers virtually effortless ambidextrous cursor control. The 10" wide control bar is a generous 0.8" in diameter and features a lightly textured and slip-resistant surface that provides subtle tactile feedback for superior cursor control while still responding to the lightest of touches. The bar requires nominal pressure for clicking, reducing the potential for unintended cursor movement that can occur with rollerbar-style devices. In addition, the rollerbar click is easily disabled for those who would prefer to use a standard button. Unlike some roller-style devices where the rollerbar projects above the device, the bar on the Mousetrapper Delta is slightly recessed, reducing the risk of unintentional contact by the palms when transitioning from typing to mousing.
With 4.9" of lateral movement, the Mousetrapper Delta offers a greater range of bar movement than most other roller-style pointing devices. The Delta also monitors the range of cursor movement that is being utilized, and adapts the bar movement to optimize the range of cursor control. Six adjustable cursor speeds (up to 4000 dpi) can be selected according to personal preference and for occasions when very fine control is required there is the option of programming one of the buttons to "enhance cursor precision".
In addition to the clickable rollerbar, the Mousetrapper Delta is equipped with 6 fully programmable buttons. The default functions are Left & Right Click, Copy and Paste, and Zoom In & Zoom Out. All of these can be reassigned an extensive range of functions via the browser-based MT Keys Programming Interface for Chrome or Edge browsers. There is also a clickable scroll wheel that can be assigned one of several mouse click functions. Custom programming is neither software nor driver dependent as it is written to and stored on the Moustrapper Delta.
The Mousetrapper Delta is designed, developed and manufactured in Sweden using recycled plastics and is designed to be easily recycled again at the end of its life. The padded faux leather palm support is easily detached for cleaning when required. Included keyboard risers can be installed to offer two levels of elevation to better accommodate a range of keyboard profiles and a dual USB port supports charging or connection of two additional devices. Mouestrapper also offers firmware updates via their MT Keys web interface, making it incredibly easy to ensure that the Mouestrapper Delta is operating at peak efficiency.
Note: The Delta is a new addition to the Mousetrapper family so those who prefer the 2-dimensional Control Pad can still access the more mature Mousetrapper family members.
Eliminates Overreaching for a Traditional Mouse, Relieving Neck, Shoulder and Elbow Pain
- Using conventional keyboards will sometimes result in overreaching for the mouse as one is forced to reach over the arrow keys and numeric keypad to get to the mouse. This can lead to neck, shoulder and elbow pain and discomfort. Asymmetrical reaching with one side of the body and not the other causes muscle groups to compensate for the weight of the extended arm while reaching for a traditional mouse. Repetitive overreaching will often lead to tightness and pain in the neck, shoulder and elbow areas. The Mousetrapper Delta allows individuals to keep their elbows comfortably at their sides.Learn More About the Comfort Zone.
Prevents Static Grip of the Mouse
- The cylindrical control bar of the Mousetrapper Delta is controlled by the fingertips. This lets the hands remain open and relaxed, with the fingers naturally curled - there is no gripping or holding with the hand. The control bar mechanism effectively eliminates static grip forces
which accompany most conventional mice. The fingertips are used to slide and rotate the control bar to provide both horizontal and vertical cursor movement. The almost effortless movement offered by the carbon-fibre bar greatly reduces muscle activity and the potential for compression through the carpal tunnel. Learn More About Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Ambidextrous Cursor Control
- Since both hands are able to access the control bar equally, and with both the cursor control and clicking directly beneath the keyboard home keys, mouse control is equidistant from either hand. Ambidextrous use is encouraged and easily accomplished with the Mousetrapper Delta.
Left Click Without Moving the Hand
- Because left click can be activated by just lightly depressing the control bar there is no hovering of the finger over a button. Since the fingers are already in contact with the bar it is possible to activate a click at any time. The force required is minimal and can be done by any finger that is on the bar, unlike most traditional mice which require the index finger to generate all left clicks. This repetitive activity can lead to trigger finger Learn More About Trigger Finger
Minimizes Wrist Extension
- The integrated palm supports provides a place to rest the hands while using control bar and buttons. This helps maintain a more neutral alignment of the wrists, reducing the potential for wrist extension to occur. Learn More About Wrist Extension
- Since the control bar is being physically moved there is immediate tactile feedback. In addition to this the surface of the rollerbar features a subtle spiral-textured slip-free surface that grips the fingertips with the slightest of pressure. These features provide a sense of control that is not available through a traditional touchpad. When clicking on the control bar there is a light audible click to identify that activation has occurred. The MT Keys Programming Interface also offers the option of deactivating the audible click and/or activating a visual indicator just below the scroll wheel. There is also an option for adjusting the click force for those who may have a lighter or firmer touch.
- Six programmable buttons provide enhanced productivity through advanced programming using the browser-based MT Keys Programming Interface for Chrome or Edge browsers (no software or drivers required). This offers the option of simplifying repetitive keyboard functions to a single click. The click function on the central Scroll Wheel is pre-assigned to Middle Click but can also be reprogrammed to perform one of several other common mouse-click functions.
Visual Enhancement Feature
- Two of the programmable buttons on the Mousetrapper Delta come pre-configured for Zoom In and Zoom Out, very convenient for individuals with visual impairment. One button is located to either side of the control rollerbar. These commands can also be programmed to any of the other 4 buttons if a different location is more desirable.
Adaptive Cursor Movement
- The Mousetrapper Delta adapts the cursor movement to best match the most common range of motion that is being performed. This is done to reduce the number of times that the rollerbar reaches the edges of its travel range, thereby providing a smoother work experience. This works with both single and multi-screen workstations. The MT Keys Programming Interface offers several adjustment options for this feature under the "Edges" tab. These can be used to customize the performance according to individual needs, especially for multiscreen workstations.
- Driverless Install and Programming: The Mousetrapper Delta is plug-and-play on both Windows and Mac systems. However, all functions can be customized via the MT Keys programming interface. There are Apps for both Windows and Mac OS, as well as the option of a app-free interface that connects directly via a web browser (Chrome or Edge). Both options offer the full power of the MT Keys interface, with an extensive range of adjustments for customizing both performance and controls.
- Audible Click Option: By default the rollerbar generates a very light but audible "click" when activated. As this sound is generated electronically it can be turned Off or On using the MT Keys Programming Interface.
- Control Bar Click Force Adjustments: MT Keys can also be used to adjust the degree of downward movement and force necessary before a click is generated. The settings slider facilitates adjustment from virtually effortless to firm so the performance can be easily customized to meet personal preferences.
- Vertical Scrolling: A convenient scroll wheel is positioned centrally in the control button cluster directly below the control rollerbar. This scroll-wheel is clickable to perform the middle click but can also be reprogrammed to perform one of several other mouse click functions.
- High DPI Resolution: The Mousetrapper Delta is equipped with a 4000 DPI sensor for exceptional cursor control. Using MT Keys this cursor speed can be adjusted to any of 6 speed settings to accommodate personal preferences or work requirements.
- Cursor Gliding: When the control bar can no longer be moved to either side, but the cursor is not yet at the edge of the screen, the cursor will continue to move to the screen edge. This is of great value when working with multiple screens. This function can be adjusted using the MT Keys Programming Interface between Normal, Accelerating or Disabled. Each individual will want to experiment with the various settings to determine what works best for them. These settings should also be explored at various Cursor Speed settings to find the optimal combination of control and performance.
- 6 Fully Programmable Tactile Buttons: One button is positioned to each end of the control bar, with default programming of Zoom In and Zoom Out. The remaining 4 buttons are conveniently located directly below the rollerbar. Two of these are positioned to each side of the Scroll Wheel. The left buttons are Copy and Left Click while the Right buttons perform Right Click and Paste. Of course all of these can be reprogrammed via MT Keys to whatever function you desire, including a very extensive range of commands or even multi-key macros.
- Custom Programming: The MT Keys Programming Interface is a browser-based interface for Edge or Chrome. This powerful interface can be used to check and/or change the assigned functions of all buttons on the Mousetrapper Delta. Most people have several commands which they access on a repetitive basis. Programming these into a single click can reduce awkward stretches and actually decrease the time required to perform these actions, effectively increasing productivity.
By default the Mousetrapper Delta is pre-programmed for general computer usage. The default functions are Left and Right Click, Copy and Paste, and Zoom In & Zoom Out, and Middle Click. Using MT Keys the functions can be customized for specific needs. For example, CAD operators can take advantage of the "Enhance Cursor Precision" option to enable accurate pixel-by-pixel control while still retaining rapid movement when necessary. The range of functions available for each button is too extensive to list. All programming is stored directly on the Mousetrapper Delta, eliminating the need for any software or driver installation.
- Cleanable and Replaceable Palm Support: The integrated palm support aids in maintaing a neutral wrist alignment both while mousing as well as typing. The soft leatherette palm support attaches magnetically so is easily removed for cleaning and replacement if necessary.
- Folding Non-Slip Keyboard Lifters: In order to provide extra elevation for thinner keyboards, the Mousetrapper Delta comes with keyboard lifters that can be installed as needed. These can be used folded open or closed, thereby offering 2 different elevation options. The lifters mean that pretty much any thickness of keyboard can be deployed with the Mousetrapper Delta.
- Large Diameter Textured Rollerbar:: The 0.8" diameter rollerbarfeatures a lightly-textured slip-free surface that not only lets the rollerbar respond to the lightest of touch while also offering subtle tactile feedback to the fingertips.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Mousetrapper Delta - Textured Control Bar
Mousetrapper Delta - Programmable Button Options
Mousetrapper Delta - Effortless Fingertip Control
Mousetrapper Delta - Ambidextrous Mousing
Mousetrapper Delta with Keyboard Risers
MT Keys Custom Programming Software
- MT Keys Programming Software:
Directly Accessible via Web browser (where downloading is not possible)
Downloadable from: MouseTrapper Home
- Width: 19.7" (50.0 cm)
- Depth (front to back): 4.7" (11.9 cm)
- Height: 1.1" (2.8 cm)
- Weight: 1.8 lbs (817 g)
- Control Bar Width: 10.0" (25.5 cm)
- Control Bar Diameter: 0.8" (2 cm)
- Control Bar Lateral Movement Range: 4.9" (12.5 cm)
- Embedded Left Click in Cursor Control: Yes (can be turned off)
- Scroll Wheel: Yes - Clickable (Middle click pre-assigned, Re-programmable for other mouse click options)
- Number of Programmable Buttons: 6
- Preset Button Functions: Left & Right Click, Copy & Paste, Zoom In & Zoom Out
- Dual USB Ports: 3.3v
- Interface: USB
- Compatibility: Plug and Play for default functions
- Programming Software Compatibility: MT Keys
Web Interface (current Chrome or Edge browser required)
Download: MT Keys Software
- Windows (up to Windows 10)
- Mac OS 10.15 or later
- Colour: Black
- Warranty: 2 Years
- Package Contents: Mousetrapper Delta, USB Cord, Dual Height Keyboard Lifters
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|MT153|| Mousetrapper Delta|