Page last updated: Fri, 19-Jul-2019 14:32:48
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Mousetrapper Armrestby MouseTrapper
| Additional Resources Accessories |
The Mousetrapper Armrest is designed for supporting the forearms while keeping hands as close as possible to any Mousetrapper central pointing device, such as the Advance 2.0 or Prime. By resting the forearms on the Mousetrapper Armrest, the smaller muscles of the upper back and shoulders no longer have to carry the weight, reducing fatigue, and pain in these muscle groups. The support can also work well for those who use a traditional, straight-edged keyboard.
The Mousetrapper Armrest combines minimalist styling with solid craftsmanship for easy tool-free assembly and installation. The surface is composed of a polyurethane foam pad covered with black artificial leather. The foam cushioning helps to prevent injury to pressure-sensitive areas on the inside of the arm, and the artificial leather cover offers frictionless movement. The cover can also be cleaned and disinfected as necessary.
The included steel brackets and winged bolts clamp the Mousetrapper Armrest securely to the desk or table.
Note: The black, artificial leather covering has the Mousetrapper logo printed on it.
Note: Arm and hand support solutions which elevate the hand above the mousing surface can subtly change hand placement on some specialized mousing devices, potentially affecting the manner in which the user interacts with the devices and possibly limiting the ergonomic benefits generally associated with them. With some products these changes may be more significant than with others. Please call to speak with a Customer Service Specialist to discuss the compatibility of this product with the intended pointing device.
Reduces Strain on Upper Back and Shoulders
- The Mousetrapper Armrest relieves the burden on the muscles of the shoulders and upper back, which would otherwise bear the load of supporting and stabilizing the weight of the extended arms. During lengthy or repeated work sessions, these smaller upper body muscles can become fatigued and inflamed. The Mousetrapper Armrest prevents strain, and can give previously overtaxed muscle groups an opportunity to relax and recover.
Can Reduce Fatigue in the Arms and Hands
- When static tension in the shoulders and upper back muscles is alleviated, blood flow through the tissues of the arms and hands improves, reducing the risks of inflammation, pain and injury.
Prevents Inadvertent Wrist Extension
- The depth and slight elevation of the Mousetrapper Armrest prevent the user from dropping the heels of the hand to the desk top when typing. Preventing this bend at the wrist creates a healthier, neutral alignment of the hand and arm that can alleviate or prevent the development of painful conditions such as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Learn More About Wrist Extension
Provides Pressure-Free Support
- With the Mousetrapper Armrest, the weight of the forearm and wrist is distributed over a much greater surface area than is possible with a more traditional wrist rest or palm support, significantly reducing the possibility of uncomfortable pressure points. The soft, molded waterfall design also eliminates possible pinch points where the underside of the forearms would meet the edge of the desk.
- With insufficient arm support, users sometimes tend to hunch forward, especially when concentrating, or as they tire during a lengthy work session. The result is prolonged overextension of the muscles of the upper back, and at the rear of the shoulders and neck. Repeated periods of overextension in these muscle groups can cause pain and inflammation, and can lead to unhealthy tightening of the muscles in the chest. The Mousetrapper Armrest helps the user avoid this hunched posture, allowing the spine to maintain the orthopedically stable "S" curve that keeps the muscles of the upper body in healthy balance.
- Asymmetric Design: Right-handed users will appreciate the extra forearm support when mousing as well as keyboarding.
- Slim Design: The Mousetrapper Armrest narrows to under 1.5" to minimize any reach to the keyboard, enabling users to position themselves as close as possible.
- Soft Cushioning: Polyurethane foam padding ensures that the forearms rest on no sharp edges or pressure points. The supple, imitation leather cover minimizes friction when moving across the surface.
- Low Profile: The Mousetrapper Armrest is just over 0.75" thick (before compression) elevating the arm approximately 0.5" above the primary desk surface. At this height, the Armrest also helps to reduce wrist extension when typing.
- Tool-Free Mounting: The Mousetrapper Armrest is equipped with steel brackets that are secured to the worksurface with included hand-tightening winged bolts.
- Easy to Clean: The imitation leather surface can easily be wiped down or disinfected with many common cleaners.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Mousetrapper Armrest- With Mounting Hardware
- Width: 26.9" (68.3 cm)
- Depth (front to back): 8.27" (21 cm)
- Height: 0.79" (2 cm)
- Base Plate: Heavy duty steel
- Padding: Mixed Polyurethane Foam
- Cover: Artificial Leather
- Warranty: N/A
- Package Contents: Mousetrapper Armrest, Mounting Hardware, Mounting Instructions
- Avoid using the Mousetrapper Armrest with non-standard keyboards. If your keyboard has a curved front edge, or has integrated palm supports, you will likely find that you have to reach too far forward to access the keys, creating tension in the muscles of the back, shoulders and neck. Attempting to use the Mousetrapper Armrest with a non-standard keyboard risks recreating one of the problems the product was designed to address.
- Use the front mounting position. The Mousetrapper Armrest can be mounted in two positions. The majority of users would benefit from having the rest mounted fully over the edge of the desk (i.e. with very little overhang.) This position provides the greatest stability and allows the user to be positioned as close as possible to the desk.
- Use the Mousetrapper Armrest as intended. Do not attempt to brace yourself against the support to lift yourself out of your chair.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|TB201|| Mousetrapper Armrest for Advance 2.0 and Prime|