| Accessories |
The Mousetrapper Alpha combines the advanced mousing functions of the Mousetrapper Control Pad with a compact scissor switch keyboard for the ultimate combination of cursor control and portable convenience. At just 12.3" wide and only 8.7" deep this compact combination is superbly portable and can be placed virtually anywhere a standard keyboard would fit. The Alpha is rechargeable and can operate either as a Bluetooth or Corded device. It is also compatible with both PC and Mac platforms. In Bluetooth mode it can be connected to two devices and remember up to a total of four devices. When operating as a corded device the battery is automatically charged.
The most impressive feature of this device is the Mousetrapper "Control Pad" that is centrally located directly below the keyboard. This two-dimensional device offers intuitive fingertip-driven cursor control. Eight light-touch buttons adjacent to the pad combine to offer full standard mouse functions as well as additional shortcuts (Double Click/Copy/Paste/Zoom In/Zoom Out/Scroll Up/Scroll Down). In addition, all of these buttons can be reassigned or custom programmed to a wide variety of commands via the MT Keys software. The Control Pad is designed to be used by either hand, with the fingertips "steering" the moveable pad to provide near effortless onscreen navigation and cursor control. Unlike touchpads, the fingers can rest on the Control Pad between mouse activation tasks, with clicking accomplished by lightly pressing down against the pad. The palm rest zones to each side of the Control Pad are also slightly elevated above the keyboard to aid in maintaining a neutral wrist alignment when using the keyboard.
The incorporated chiclet-style compact keyboard has low travel scissor switches that offer a degree of tactile feedback. The full-size keycaps and standard layout mean that there is minimal learning curve when moving from a standard full-width keyboard. It is also possible to custom program up to 11 keys (F1-F11) for further customization. Three levels of optional backlighting are available, easily adjusted via a keyboard shortcut function. For protection during transport, the Mousetrapper Alpha includes a neoprene travel sleeve.
Reduces Strain from Overreaching
- The Mousetrapper Alpha is designed to eliminate reaching for the mouse, which in turn helps alleviate or reduce the risk of injuries to the shoulder and upper arm that can be aggravated by repetitive reaching, especially to areas beyond the comfort zone. Learn More About Overreaching.
No Static Grip
- Cursor control is performed by simple contact with the Control Pad surface meaning there is no necessity to "grip" anything. The lightest touch of a single or multiple fingertips will give complete cursor control. Since the Control Pad is not contact sensitive it is possible to permit the hand to relax and rest on the pad. This means that any or all fingers can be used to control the cursor, encouraging natural hand flexing and movement. Learn More About Static Grip.
- Since the Control Pad is being physically moved there is immediate tactile feedback. The silicone-coated ribbed surface of the Control Pad communicates the movement to the nerves of the fingers, providing a sense of "control" that is not available through a traditional touchpad or cylindrical mousing device.
Low Activation Force
- Clicks are easily performed with minimal effort. The weight of the hand and fingers naturally exerts downward force, resulting in little additional effort being required to activate the tactile switches. Both the Control Pad and buttons require minimal effort to activate but also offer sufficient tactile response to notify when activation has occurred. The Control Pad provides an additional audible click to reinforce the tactile notification.
Minimal Learning Curve
- The integrated chiclet-style keyboard offers a standard layout with full-size keys. As a result there is minimal adaptation required. Cursor control using the Mousetrapper Control Pad is intuitive and most people will find it a completely natural movement that they learn instinctively.
- The central location of the Control Pad and buttons provides both hands with equal access to the controls, enabling load-balancing usage throughout the day.
Reduces Wrist Extension
- The Mousetrapper Alpha offers slightly elevated palm support zones located to the left and right of the Control Pad. By keeping the palms slightly elevated above the keyboard the wrists are placed in a neutral position that reduces strain on the hands, wrists and forearms. Learn More About Wrist Extension.
- The Mousetrapper Alpha features 8 Programmable Mouse Buttons and 11 Programmable Keys to provide enhanced productivity through advanced programming via MT Keys software, offering the opportunity to simplify repetitive keyboard functions to a single click.
- Compact Scissor Switch Keyboard with Integrated High Performance Mousing Device: The Mousetrapper Alpha combines the advanced ergonomics and function of the Mousetrapper pointing device with a compact low profile keyboard with full-size keys. The result is a combination keyboard and high end mousing device that is highly portable. Unlike similar keyboards that have integrated pointing devices that offer the minimum in mousing functions, the Mousetrapper Alpha not only offers a much broader range of functions but goes far beyond by offering advanced programmability. In addition, the mousing device itself is far more responsive than those in other "similar" solutions. This makes the Mousetrapper Alpha an ideal compact and portable solution for someone whose work entails heavy mouse input.
- Control Pad: The Control Pad is unique to Mousetrapper products. Although it looks like a touchpad, it is more like a treadmill that moves in all directions, not just up and down. Up and down movement is continuous like a treadmill, and left to right movement is set at about 3.5" either way, which is enough to move the cursor across the screen. Rather than gliding over the surface of the Control Pad as they would on a touchpad, the fingers actually move the Control Pad itself. Cursor control is naturally intuitive as one moves the pad in a two-dimensional linear plane, unlike cylindrical central pointing devices. Left and Double clicks are easily performed using the Control Pad, also much easier than with a cylindrical device as the finger is simply pressing against a flat 2-dimensional surface, rather than a cylinder that can easily rotate from any off-centre downward pressure.
- Cursor Gliding: When the surface of the Control Pad can no longer be moved to either side (due to limited left and right movement), but the cursor is not yet at the edge of the screen, the cursor will continue to move to the screen edge. This automatic cursor repositioning feature will recalibrate the Control Pad so that normal cursor movement can resume. It is a normal part of using the Control Pad and does not impede its performance. Note: This function is referred to as "Edges" in the MT Keys interface.
- Enhanced Cursor Control: The MT Keys Software can program a single button to temporarily slow cursor movement to provide pixel-by-pixel movement. This feature can provide an incredible level of precise control for CAD, Graphic Design, or any other application where that level of fine control is necessary.
- Tactile Light Activation Buttons: All eight of the buttons require minimal effort for activation while still providing enough tactile response to notify that activation has occurred.
- Low Profile Keyboard: The integrated keyboard on the Mousetrapper Alpha features a low profile chiclet or island style design. The full size keycaps and standard layout mean that there is limited adaptation required when moving from a traditional keyboard. The low travel scissor switch keys offer a degree of tactile feedback on activation.
- Programmable: There are a total of 19 programmable buttons on the Mousetrapper Alpha. Eight of these are conveniently positioned to provide easy access to the desired mouse functions. The default configuration includes right click, double click (left click is on the Control Pad), scroll up, scroll down, zoom in, zoom out, copy, and paste. All the buttons can reprogrammed to perform a different function, including an extensive range of mouse or keyboard functions. Even lengthy text strings (up to 767 characters long) can be programmed to enter at a single touch. The remaining 11 are alternate functions that can be programmed on the F1-F11 keys. Reprogramming is done through the MT Keys software, downloadable from the manufacturer's Website, and provides an extensive range of custom programming options.
Note: Reprogramming the Mousetrapper Alpha does require access to a Windows 10 computer in order to use the MT Keys Software. However, because the device stores the profile on its internal memory, once programmed it can be deployed on any computer, including Mac models, where it will perform the functions as programmed without the need of a driver. This makes it ideal for situations where the installation of software drivers is not permitted.
- Vertical Scrolling: The Control Pad incorporates a convenient scrolling feature that is instantly available. Simply placing the finger on the far right edge of the Control Pad and moving it up or down will scroll the page accordingly.
- Quick Access Web Back/Forward: The Control Pad also offers a convenient feature for web browsing: if a click is made while moving up, the "Back" function on the browser will be activated; if clicked while moving down, the "Forward" function will be activated.
- Shortcut Buttons: Clicks and stretches for keyboard keys are reduced via the default pre-programmed shortcut buttons. Default commands include Right Click, Copy, Paste, Double Click, Web Page Forward, and Web Page Back, Zoom In, and Zoom Out. Programmability option enables individuals to customize their own profiles.
- Compact: The design of the Mousetrapper Alpha makes it an ideal keyboard and mousing device where space is limited, where portability is required, or where the traditional extended reach to the mouse is an issue. At just 12.3" in width and 8.7" in depth this combination device can be deployed virtually anywhere.
- Wired & Bluetooth Functionality: The Mousetrapper Alpha features a rechargeable extended-life battery for wireless Bluetooth connectivity and a dual purpose data/charging cord for use with non-Bluetooth devices and for battery charging.
- Mac and PC Functionality: The Mousetrapper Alpha can be configured for either PC or Mac usage using the MT Keys Software.
- Palm Rests: The integrated palm rest zones are actually slightly elevated above the keyboard, creating a negative inclination that aids in reducing wrist extension.
- Adjustable Backlighting: Optional backlighting can be set to three intensity levels. This is accessible using the PrtSc key. The key has an illumination legend to identify the alternate function.
- Storage/Travel Case: The Mousetrapper Alpha comes with a soft neoprene travel sleeve designed to protect the unit from damage when travelling.
- Custom Programming: Mousetrapper offers free software called MT Keys. This powerful software enables operators to check and/or change the assignedfunctions of all buttons on the Mousetrapper Alpha (8 on the mouse portion, 11 on the keyboard). Most people have several commands which they access on a repetitive basis. Programming these into a single click can reduce awkward stretches and actually decrease the time required to perform these actions, effectively increasing productivity.
MT Keys also enables individuals to assign specific profiles for unique purposes. By default the program offers a single pre-programmed profile for general computer usage. The default functions for this profile are as described above. Individuals can also create custom profiles specific to their needs. For example, CAD operators can take advantage of the "Enhance Cursor Precision" option to enable accuratepixel-by-pixel control while still retaining rapid movement when necessary. The range of functions available for each button is too extensive to list.
The Profile Management is also a great solution for multi-user workstations, as each individual can assign and quickly select the settings that are most suitable to their work pattern and personal comfort.
Note: In order to take advantage of moving between Profiles MT Keys must be installed on the host computer.
- Rechargeable: The Mousetrapper Alpha has an internal rechargeable battery. When connected as a Bluetooth device the battery is the power source unless the charging cable is attached. For non-bluetooth applications the cable also serves as the data connection, recharging the battery while connected. When the battery lamp flashes red, the battery needs recharging. When the battery symbol displays a steady green light the battery is fully charged and the Mousetrapper Alpha is ready for wireless use.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Mousetrapper Alpha - Low Profile
Mousetrapper Alpha - Ambidextrous Control
MT Keys Programming Software
- Mousetrapper Alpha Quickstart Guide: Downloadable from: PDF
- MT Keys Programming Software: Downloadable from: Mousetrapper Home
- To obtain the most benefit from your Mousetrapper Alpha make a point of learning to use the Control Pad with both hands. This will let you balance the load across both hands, reducing the risks associated with repetitive actions.
- Browse through the many options available on the MT Keys software. You may be surprised at how powerful it is and may find some unique functions that work well for specific applications.
- Consider the most common actions that you perform while mousing and program buttons to perform those actions. Reprogram buttons to match your natural movements. The default commands may not necessarily be those that you need, that is why the MT Keys is so useful - you can modify the layout to optimize your work.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|MT117|| Mousetrapper Alpha|