| Additional Resources Usage Tips |
The Mousetrapper Advance 2.0 is an inline / central pointing device that uses a steering pad mechanism (a hybrid touchpad/treadmill) for cursor control and left-click actions. The silicone-coated, slip-free steering pad requires only finger-tip pressure and minimal dexterity to control the movement of the cursor. Cursor control is achieved on the Mousetrapper by using the fingertips to move the steering pad itself. This level of functionality can be contrasted with touchpads, where cursor control is achieved by moving the finger tip across a static surface.
The steering pad on the Advance 2.0 offers two dimensional scrolling and rich secondary features such as vertical scroll. A left click can be activated anywhere on the steering pad. Buttons around the steering pad provide quick access to double click, left click, right click and middle click functions.
The Mousetrapper Advance 2.0 features replaceable lycra-covered palm supports and has an attached, flexible gray mat on which to place the keyboard. Like most central pointing devices, the Mousetrapper Advance 2.0 requires no overextension of the shoulder joint, and can significantly reduce the risk of repetitive strain injuries to the muscles of the shoulder and upper back.
The Advance 2.0 differs from the Advance (SMT417) cosmetically by being available in two models with stylish accent colours: white (MT112) or turquoise (MT113). Functional differences include six programmable buttons instead of five — the central button on the Advance has been replaced in the 2.0 with two scroll buttons for up and down. In addition, the palm supports on the Advance 2.0 are replaceable (unlike those on the Advance), which makes cleaning the palm supports much easier.
Eliminates Overreaching for a Traditional Mouse, Relieving Neck, Shoulder and Elbow Pain
- Using conventional keyboards will sometimes result in overreaching for the mouse as the user is forced to reach over the arrow keys and numeric keypad to get to the mouse. This can lead to neck, shoulder and elbow pain and discomfort. Asymmetrical reaching with one side of the body of a user and not the other causes muscle groups to compensate for the weight of the extended arm while reaching for a traditional mouse. Repetitive overreaching will often lead to tightness and pain in the neck, shoulder and elbow areas. The Mousetrapper Advance 2.0 allows the user to keep their elbows comfortably at their sides.
Prevents Static Grip of the Mouse
- The control pad of the Mousetrapper Advance 2.0 is steered with an open relaxed hand and slightly curled fingers - there is no gripping or holding with the hand. The control pad mechanism effectively eliminates static grip forces
which accompany most conventional mice. The fingertips of the user are used to move a control pad, sliding it side to side to provide horizontal cursor movement and dragging it up and down to generate vertical movement of the cursor. There is little to no friction or resistance associated with this movement, greatly reducing muscle activity and reducing compression through the carpal tunnel. Learn More About Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Ambidextrous Cursor Control
- By centrally locating the mouse buttons beneath the keyboard home keys, mouse control is equidistant from either hand. Ambidextrous use is encouraged and easily accomplished with the Mousetrapper Advance 2.0.
Click with Any Finger
- Any finger can be used to generate left clicks on the control pad, unlike most mice which require the index finger to generate all left clicks. This repetitive activity can lead to trigger finger Learn More About Trigger Finger
Minimizes Wrist Extension
- Due to the low profile of the Mousetrapper Advance 2.0, the palm supports of the Advance 2.0 will keep hands in a slightly elevated position so that there is minimal risk of wrist extension while typing. Learn More About Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Slim, Ergonomic Design: The low profile of the Mousetrapper Advance 2.0, as well as its replaceable palm supports and easy-to-access control pad, make it an ideal ergonomic alternative to traditional mice.
- Clickable and Scrollable Control Pad: The control pad on the Mousetrapper Advance 2.0 is both clickable (left click) and scrollable, so that the user can complete these common mousing functions with the touch of a finger. This control pad is unique to the Mousetrapper. Although it looks like a touchpad, it is more like a treadmill that moves in all directions, not just up and down. Up and down movement is continuous like a treadmill, and left to right movement is set at about 3.5" either way, which is enough to move your cursor across the screen. Your fingers do not move on the surface of the control pad (as they would on a touchpad), they move the control pad itself.
- Cursor Gliding: When the surface of the steering pad can no longer be moved to either side (due to limited left and right movement), but the cursor is not yet at the edge of the screen, the cursor will automatically move to the screen edge. This automatic gliding motion will "recalibrate" the steering pad so that normal cursor movement can resume. It is a normal part of using the steering pad and does not affect its performance.
- 5 Non-Tactile Buttons: There are five buttons situated around the control pad. All are non-tactile, which means that there is no noticeable "click" sensation when one presses down on the button. Functions include: (top buttons) double click, right click; (bottom buttons) left click, middle click (activates auto-scroll feature), right click. The buttons are also reprogrammable using the software provided for download on the Mousetrapper web site.
- Scrolling: The control pad also has a scrolling feature, much like the one on Cirque touchpads. To activate this feature, the user simply places their finger on the rightmost side of the pad and move the pad up and down. Another feature: if one clicks while moving up, the "back" function on the browser will be activated; if one clicks while moving down, the "forward" function will be activated.
- Replaceable Palm Supports: On either side of the control pad are soft palm supports which cushion the palms and forearms as one types. These palm supports are replaceable, helping to extend the life of the Mousetrapper Advance 2.0.
- Custom Programming: Mousetrapper offers free software called MT Keys which can be downloaded from the manufacturer's Website. This powerful software enables users to check and/or change the assigned functions of all buttons on the Mousetrapper Flexible. Most users have several commands which they access on a repetitive basis. Programming these into a single click can reduce awkward stretches and actually decrease the time required to perform these actions, effectively increasing productivity.
MT Keys also enables users to assign specific profiles for unique purposes. By default the program offers a single pre-programmed profile for general computer usage. The default functions for this profile are as described above. Any user can also create custom profiles specific to their needs. Forexample, CAD users can take advantage of the "Enhance Cursor Precision" option to enable accurate pixel-by-pixel control while still retaining rapid movement when necessary. The range of functions available for each button is too extensive to list. See the image gallery to get an idea of what is available.
The Profile Management is also a great solution for multi-user workstations, as each user can assign and quickly select the settings which are most suitable to their work pattern and personal comfort.
- High DPI Resolution: For those who require a speedy cursor, the 2000 dpi of the Advance 2.0 will easily meet that need.
- Accent Colour Options: The Mousetrapper Advance 2.0 is available in either black with white accents or black with turquoise accents.
- Folding Non-Slip Surface for Keyboard Adjustment: In order to provide extra elevation for thinner keyboards, the Mousetrapper Advance 2.0 has a folding non-slip grey mat for placing the your keyboard on. Simply fold back under the Mousetrapper when not needed.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Mousetrapper Advance 2.0 - White
Mousetrapper Advance 2.0 - Layout with Buttons
Mousetrapper Advance 2.0 - Turquoise Accents
Mousetrapper Advance 2.0 - Both Colour Models
Mousetrapper Advance 2.0 - Turquoise
- Width: 18.875" (47.9 cm)
- Depth (front to back): 4.5" (11.4 cm)
- Height: 0.875" (1.0" with pads) (2.2 cm (2.5 cm with pads))
- Number of Buttons: 5
- Button Type: Membrane
- Cursor Control Area: 3.25" wide by 2.00" deep steering pad(8.3 cm wide by 5.1 cm deep steering pad)
- Embedded Left Click in Cursor Control: Yes
- Colour: Black, with White or Turquoise Accents
PC:Windows 98 SE, ME, 2000, XP (32 and 64 bit), Vista (32 and 64 bit), Windows 7.0 (32 and 64 bit), Windows 8, Windows 10
Mac: Mac OS X 10.7 or later
- Interface: USB
- Warranty: 2 Years
- Package Contents: Mousetrapper Advance 2.0, Instruction Manual
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|MT112|| Mousetrapper Advance 2.0, USB, Lycra covered Palm Supports, Black with White Accents|
|MT113|| Mousetrapper Advance 2.0, USB, Lycra covered Palm Supports, Black with Turquoise Accents|
|TB201|| Mousetrapper Armrest for Advance 2.0 and Prime|
|TB204|| Mousetrapper Replacement USB Cable, Black|
|TB212|| Mousetrapper Replacement Palm Support Advance 2.0, Black/White|
|TB213|| Mousetrapper Replacement Palm Support Advance 2.0, Black/Turquoise|