Page last updated: Thu., 28-May-2020 14:38:15
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Rockstick Mouseby Microtouch
| Features Additional Resources Specifications Usage Tips Accessories |
The Rockstick Mouse offers an ingenious alternative to address the single most repetitive activity while using a computer - generating left mouse clicks. Instead of clicking a button, the user need only 'rock' the 'stick' portion of the mouse (tilting it slightly to the left for a left click, and to the right for a right click). Finally, users can mouse without lifting a finger! This makes this mouse a potentially good alternative for individuals with trigger finger, arthritis, or anyone who has difficulty clicking when using the mouse by allowing individuals to use the muscles in their entire hand to click instead of being limited to the strength and endurance of a single finger.
The base of the mouse supports the hand and provides control of the mouse without the need to 'grip' the mouse. The vertical orientation of the Rockstick also eliminates pronation which is the rotation to a palm down position which for some people can also lead to discomfort while mousing.
At the top of the stick is a vertical scroll wheel which can be clicked to generate middle clicks. The Rockstick Mouse comes in two sizes, a Small/Medium size and a Large size, and is corded.
Reduces Finger Fatigue
- By transferring the clicking action which is traditionally performed by the fingers to a slight rotation of the forearm and hand, the Rockstick Mouse permits muscles and tendons of the hand and fingers to rest. For users already experiencing RSI this should aid in the reduction of associated inflammation. For those not experiencing issues it will reduce the risk of developing finger-related RSI.
Eliminates Forearm Pronation
- By positioning the hand in a primarily upright orientation, the RockStick eliminates the usual pronated position so familiar in conventional mousing products. By removing the forced rotation of the forearm into the downward-facing position the muscles and tendons of the forearm are permitted to relax, increasing bloodflow and reducing the risk of developing RSI issues related to the traditional pronated positioning.
Reduces Wrist Extension
- The Rockstick reduces the risk of putting the wrist into the position of extension by transferring movement to the arm, rather than the wrist. The wrist can now be maintained in a neutral position, reducing the risk of pinching the nerves and increasing bloodflow to the muscles and tissues of the hand.
- Since the hand rests on the base of the Rockstick Mouse, it is the weight of the hand which ensure that the mouse follows hand movement. This means that the hand can remain in a relaxed state, only lightly making contact with the "Stick", rather than having to grasp the mouse in order ensure control.
Eliminates Wrist 'Anchoring'
- Since the Rockstick Mouse puts the hand into a vertical orientation the possibility of resting the underside of the wrist on the desk or desk edge is eliminated. This means that the user will not be putting extra pressure on the sensitive carpal tunnel area.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
The Rockstick Mouse
Hand Positioning with the Rockstick Mouse
Control Diagram for Rockstick Mouse
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|RS1201M|| Microtouch Rockstick Mouse, Small/Medium Size, Black with Gray Inlay in Base, 800 DPI, PC/Mac compatible, USB|
|RS1201L|| Microtouch Rockstick Mouse, Large Size, Black with Gray Inlay in Base, 800 DPI, PC/Mac compatible, USB|