Page last updated: Tue, 16-Jul-2019 13:49:29
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Newtral 3 Mouseby Microtouch
| Usage Tips Accessories |
The Newtral 3 Mouse from Microtouch is designed to provide ergonomic support for the palm and thumb. The 33° outward angle of the mouse body helps to reduce pronation of the forearm, a common risk factor for fatigue and pain in the forearm and hand. The design of the Newtral 3 Mouse encourages users to rest their hand on the mouse rather than trying to grip it. The Newtral 3 body is designed to provide an optimal "Precision Grip" for situations where fine control is necessary. The included "Ergo Grip Flange" attaches magnetically and elevates the side and heel of the hand, as well as the wrist, with an integrated gel pad providing comfortable support. This "Ergo Grip" configuration eliminates the need to maintain a grip on the device. Instead, the hand is held in position by gravity, and moves with the device.
The Newtral 3 Mouse introduces functional revisions and performance changes from its predecessors, the Newtral and Newtral2, while still retaining the ergonomic benefits of the design. The most notable revision is the transfer of the second thumb button to behind the upper button - a more common position than the top/bottom layout of the earlier models. The thumbrest also has a deeper inset that fully sockets the thumb in place. The DPI button projects slightly higher which means it is more easily activated than on the earlier models. Button activation is still crisp and clean. The Ergo Grip Flange has also been enlarged to provide more space for the little finger as well as now supporting the entire heel of the hand. Overall the body of the mouse is slightly more "angular" in design, varying from the curved shape of the earlier models. No longer present is the "Balance Grip" flange option from the Newtral2.
The Newtral 3 Mouse is currently only available in size Medium, in both wired and wireless format. Both wired and wireless models offer fingertip access to multiple DPI settings (see detailed specifications for details) enabling users to choose the pointer response best suited to their needs and are fully user programmable (on Windows only).
Note: Additional models of the Newtral 3 Mouse will be available later in 2019.
Use this convenient Sizing Guide to assist in choosing the appropriate size of Newtral 3 Mouse.
- The Newtral 3 Mouse places the forearm at a 33° outward angle, a significant improvement over the fully pronated, or "palms down," position of a standard mouse. With the palms angled up in what is a more anatomically neutral position, the muscles and tissues of the forearm are subject to a great deal less tension and strain. Learn More About Pronation.
Reduces Risk of Developing "Trigger Finger"
- The contoured design of the Newtral 3 Mouse provides support for the whole hand and the fingers. The user can relax the hand and let the fingers rest on the mouse. The waterfall design of the buttons reduces the load on the extensor muscles of the fingers as the user clicks. This design also helps users avoid hovering over the buttons in anticipation of a click (a habit that can lead to repetitive strain injuries.) Learn More About Trigger Finger.
Reduces Risk of Skin Irritation
- The included magnetically attached Ergo-Grip Flange totally eliminates hand contact with the mousing surface. This eliminates the friction that can sometimes lead to hypersensitivity of the skin and nerves of the hand.
Helps to Neutralize Wrist Position
- The included Ergo-Grip flange can reduce or eliminate wrist deviation, an action which has been associated with conditions such as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Learn More About Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Contoured and Angled Body: The Newtral 3 Mouse has a 33° outward slope to prevent pronation. The top is curved to support the hand in a slightly cupped position, allowing the fingers to curl naturally and comfortably.
- Six-Button Functionality: The Newtral 3 Mouse offers users access to the standard left, right and middle click options as well as back and forward buttons for the thumb, and a scroll wheel.
- Wired and Wireless Models: Wired and wireless models of both the Medium and Large Newtral2 Mouse are available. This enables users whose work environment may not be conducive to a wired mouse to have access to the benefits and features of the Newtral2 Mouse.
- Adjustable DPI: Multiple DPI settings (four on the wired model and three on the wireless model) allow users to select the pointer sensitivity that best suits their work patterns and the needs of the task.
- Two Configuration Options: The standard configuration is the "Precision Grip" that offers fingertip control for designers and gamers. Attaching the included "Ergo-Grip Flange" offers comfort and efficiency for general office or administration work.
- Programmable: Both the Wired and Wireless models of the Newtral 3 Mouse are programmable on Windows OS. Downloadable drivers that offer a wide range of programmability for all six buttons are available for each model. Users can select from a wide range of actions or even program Hot Key combinations and assign these to any of the six buttons. The driver can store up to 5 complete pre-programmed profiles. Additional customization options include the option of customizing the preset DPI settings and changing the polling rate.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Newtral 3 Mouse - Ergo Grip Flange Attached
Newtral 3 Mouse - Performance Grip w/o Flange
Newtral 3 Mouse - Ergo Grip - Front View
Newtral 3 Mouse - Performance Grip - Front View
Newtral 3 Mouse - Performance Grip - Rear View
Newtral 3 Mouse - Left Hand Model (Coming Soon)
Newtral 3 Mouse - Sizing Guide
Medium: 2.1" (5.3 cm)
Medium: Basic Configuration - 3.1" (8 cm); Ergo Grip Configuration - 4" (10.2 cm)
- Depth (Front-to-Back):
Medium: Basic Configuration - 4.5" (11.4 cm); Ergo Grip Configuration - 6.75" (17.1 cm)
- Weight (Determined By Configuration):
- Medium - 100 to 148 grams
- Cord Length (Wired Model): 73" (1.85 m)
- Interface (Wired Model): USB
- Interface (Wireless Model): 2.4 GHz RF Wireless
- Power Source (Wireless Model): 1 x AA Battery
- Range (Wireless Model): 32.8' (10 m)
- Optical DPI Resolution:
Wired Model: Preset Resolutions are 800, 1200, 2400, 3200 DPI (Driver Adjustable DPI for custom settings) 400 - 3200
Wireless Model: Preset Resolutions are 800, 1600, 2400 DPI (Driver Adjustable DPI for custom settings)
- Number of Buttons: 6
- Compatibility: PC (Windows 10, 8, 7); Mac
- Programmability: Windows OS. Drivers downloadable from manufacturer's website.
- Installation: Plug-and-Play
- Warranty: 2 Years
- Package Contents:
Wired Model: Newtral 3 Mouse, Ergo Grip Flange, User Manual.
Wireless Model: Newtral 3 Mouse, 1 x AA Battery , Ergo Grip Flange, Wireless Receiver, User Manual.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|N300BCM|| NEWTRAL 3 Mouse, Wired, Medium, Black|
|N300BWM|| NEWTRAL 3 Mouse, Wireless, Medium, Black|