Page last updated: Tue, 12-Nov-2019 15:17:10
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
SPINDL TWO Office Chairby Mey Chair Systems
| Additional Resources Accessories |
The SPINDL TWO Office Chair from Mey Chair systems combines a traditional office chair with the innovative MybTec 360 Seat Movement Module, creating an office chair that can shift and move with the user. The SPINDL TWO chair features a sliding seat pan and height adjustable armrests. A firm padded seat and self-tensioning mesh back create a secure upright posture that centers the user over the MybTec pivot point.
The MybTec 360 Seat Movement Module is designed to permit the chair to move up to 15° in any direction, with a simple lever to adjust or lock the degree of movement available. Users can move with a simple shift in weight or a lean to one side, keeping their body in motion throughout the day.
Note: The seat height range on the SPINDL TWO Office Chair is on the higher end—19" - 24"—meaning shorter users will require a footrest.
Activates Core Muscles
- Using the MybTec Seat Movement Module encourages active shifting of the lower lumbar area and engagement of the core muscles.
Increases Mental Alertness
- Movement actively engages the brain as activity is performed. Any increase in movement also increases blood flow which in turn moves more oxygen to the brain. Increase oxygenation can contribute to a greater degree of mental alertness that can result in greater productivity.
Reduces Risk of Lower Back Pain
- Actively engaging the core muscles and introducing movement can keep joints active and lubricated, resulting in less discomfort after sitting for extended periods.
Offers Core Muscle Toning
- The SPINDL employs the MybTec 360 Seat Movement Module to encourage users to be actively engaged throughout the day, resulting in regular small movements that can encourage better muscle tone. This can be accomplished on a consistent basis throughout the workday through the small adjustments users make as they shift between tasks or on a more pro-active basis by making a point to occasionally move the seat through the full range of movement, even doing so several times in a row. This will also have the added benefit of encouraging cardiovascular activity with the associated improvement in overall alertness.
Encourages Active Movement
- The range of movement offered by the SPINDL encourages regular movement which keeps lubricating fluid moving through joints, reducing or eliminating stiffness, and also actively stretches muscles which can become shortened from extended static sitting.
Encourages Correct Posture at Workstation
- Seat height is easily adjusted using the simple hand lever. This enables users to easily set their seat to a height appropriate to their build, optimizing their posture at their workstation.
- MybTec 360 Seat Movement Module: Tilting of the seat on most chairs creates a simple forward elevation. The SPINDL offers users more with the option of a seat that freely tilts in ALL directions - up to 15°. When fine tasks may require more stability, the MybTec mechanism can be limited or fully locked out.
- Premium Quality Upholstery: The SPINDL is upholstered with firm supportive foam and quality furniture fabric.
- Load-Dependent Casters for Hard Floors: The SPINDL is equipped with soft 65 mm load-dependent casters for safety. This means that the chair will not roll away from the user when they stand up. These casters do not lock, they only exert just enough resistance so that the chair does not roll on its own when weight is removed, allowing users to re-position the chair with minimal effort. When the chair is occupied the brake fully disengages, permitting the user to move in the chair as required with no resistance.
- Depth Adjustable Seat: The SPINDL is equipped with a sliding seat pan that offers a 3.5" adjustment range, from 17.5" to 21.0" deep.
- Removable Armrests: The SPINDL is equipped with armrest that can be easily adjusted from 7.5 - 11" above the seat pan. The armrests can easily be detached without need of tools.
- Sturdy Base: A black base provides high stability.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
SPINDL TWO Office Chair
- Arm Rests:
Dimensions: 3.1235" W x 9.5" D (7.9 x 24.1 cm)
- Width (from the inner edge of the left armrest to the inner edge of the right armrest): 17.75" - 20.75" (45.1 - 52.7 cm)
- Total Range of Width Adjustment: 3.0" (7.6 cm)
- Depth: Fixed - Front of armrests are 12" (30.5 cm) from backrest at minimum seat depth.
- Pivot: Fixed>
- Height (above seat): 11 Settings ranging from 7.5" - 11" (19 - 27.9 cm) in 0.4" (1.0 cm) increments. (Release button is on outside of armrest support)
Fully Removable: Both armrests can be easily removed without tools.
- Seat Pan:
Depth Adjustment: Sliding
Width (Cushion): 18.9" (48 cm)
Depth (Cushion): 17.7" (45 cm)
Sliding Depth Adjustment Range: 17.5" (44.4 cm) - 21" (45.1 - 53.3 cm)
NOTE: Minimum and Maximum depths require a slight adjustment of the Backrest depth.
- MybTec Seat Movement Module: This mechanism permits the seat to freely tilt up to 15° in all directions - encouraging active involvement by the user. The degree of movement is adjustable or can be locked out to prevent movement when desired.
- Seat Height Range (uncompressed): 19" - 24" (48.3 - 61 cm)
- Back Rest:
Width: 17.3" (44 cm)
Height: 21 (53.3 cm)
Height Adjustment Range: Fixed
- Lumbar Adjustment Range:
Height: Fixed - 8" (20.3 cm) above seat pan.
- Base: Black Polyamid
Seat: Black Fabric
Back: Breathable Black Mesh
- Weight Rating: 264 lbs (120 kg)
- Warranty: 5 Years, Manufacturer Direct
- Package Contents: SPINDL TWO Office Chair (Includes MybTec 360 Seat Movement Module)
- Make a point of actively engaging with the MybTec movement module throughout the day. While you may choose to lock out this feature while performing specific tasks, to do so permanently will eliminate the key feature of this chair and its associated benefits.
- Adjust the seat pan depth to shorten or lengthen the seat pan to suit the length of your thighs. You want to have 1-2 finger widths between the back of your knees and the front of the seat pan.
- When adjusting the height of your SPINDL, aim for an elevation which lets your elbows open slightly more than 90° while your hands are resting on the keyboard or mouse. If your feet are unable to rest flat against the floor you may need to add a footrest to your workstation. If you are too low and the angle of your legs and torso is less than 90 then you should raise your chair to the appropriate level while also raising your input devices to a similarly appropriate height.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|79700|| SPINDL TWO Office Chair, Black Fabric Seat, Black Mesh Back, Black Nylon Base|