Page last updated: Wed, 16-Jan-2019 16:10:39
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
HNDSFREE Sit-Stand Stoolby Mey Chair Systems
| Additional Resources Accessories |
The HNDSFREE Sit-Stand Stool from Mey Chair Systems is ideal for use in sterile environments, especially those in which safety and security are important. The Foot Release Plate enables quick, easy, hands-free adjustment of the seat height from any point around the chair.
In addition, the straddle position ensures that the feet are well-planted for exceptional stability and upper body control, providing users with superior upper torso mobility and range of motion. The full 360° of free rotation enables users to easily align to patients and equipment or to reach other work areas as needed. The seat can be tilted forward up to 15°, and the gas lift cylinder allows the height of the seat to be adjusted from 24.8" to 30.3".
Note: Sitting on a Saddle Stool elevates a user higher than a standard seat. Saddle stools are therefore not generally recommended for use at a standard office desk. Please call one of our Product Specialists to discuss your intended use. We will be happy to assist you in selecting the best solution for your needs.
Equipped with special braking castors, the HNDSFREE Sit-Stand Stool rolls freely when the user is seated but stops moving as soon as the user stands up. This innovative feature enhances the overall safety of the work environment, and helps all present maintain their focus on the task at hand.
Both models of the HNDSFREE Sit-Stand Stool feature easily cleaned Black Imitation Leather upholstery and a chromium-plated steel base for durability.
Model 11209 offers all of the above features, with the addition of a firm, height and angle adjustable back support. (Note: The back on the 11209 has a 2.5" deep curvature in the middle, is 14" wide, and has firm edges. Some users with broader frames may find the back on this model too narrow and deep for a comfortable fit.)
Foot Release Allows Hands-Free Height Adjustment
- The ability to adjust the height of the stool with the feet allows the user to maintain high standards of hygiene.
Extends Range of Movement
- Working from the elevated saddle-seat position offers users a noticeable increase in range of motion and greater reach compared to working from a conventional chair or stool. This extends the Comfort Zone and allows access to a larger area of the work surface, while at the same time reducing the risk of overextension. Learn More About the Comfort Zone.
Reduces Risk of Lower Back Pain
- Standing with the feet flat for extended periods of time (such as at a standing desk or counter) requires the muscles of the lower back to remain in a state of constant tension (even more so if the abdominal muscles are weak.) As the muscles tire, the back tends to curve or arch, which can often lead to an exaggerated degree of lordosis (sometimes referred to as "swayback"). Since some degree of unnatural curvature is already common to many back problems, a standing workstation has the potential to increase, rather than decrease, pain and fatigue. The greater elevation afforded the user on a stool such as the HNDSFREE Sit-Stand Stool positions the thighs at a downward angle that naturally tilts the pelvis slightly forward. This posture allows the spine to return to the gently curved S-shape that provides the greatest strength, stability and support for the entire body. The unnatural, extreme curvature is eliminated, and the muscles of the back are able to relax and recover.
Reduces Strain on Legs and Lower Joints
- Using the HNDSFREE Sit-Stand Stool significantly reduces stress on the joints of the lower legs. As well, only a small amount of effort is required to transition between sitting and standing fully upright. This transition between stances requires noticeably less effort than rising from a traditional chair.
Reduces Risk of Back Injury
- The 360° rotation of the HNDSFREE Sit-Stand Stool enables users to reach any location within their workzone without straining the back by twisting unnaturally at the waist.
Reduces Risk of Circulation Problems
- Users working at elevated counters or workstations often prefer to stand, even though static standing has been identified as a contributing factor in the development of edema (swelling of the lower legs). When the muscles of the lower legs are not active their ability to pump blood and other fluids through the circulatory system is restricted. Sitting on, or leaning against, the HNDSFREE Sit-Stand Stool helps improve circulation by allowing the user to flex the muscles of the lower legs.
Increases Mental Alertness
- The upright, open core stance provided by the HNDSFREE, combined with the ability to flex the leg muscles, increases oxygen intake and improves blood circulation throughout the body. This increased cardiovascular efficiency contributes to a greater degree of mental alertness.
Encourages Core Muscle Maintenance
- The healthy posture promoted by the HNDSFREE helps keep the back and abdominal muscles engaged as they work to stabilize the torso during the work session. This constant, low level activity helps to maintain strength in these core muscle groups without overtaxing them.
- Foot-Activated Gas Lift: Height adjustment is accomplished via a foot-activated gas lift.
- Tilting Saddle: A simple tilt release lever enables the saddle to be tilted forward, making it more comfortable for some users. The lower pommel can also make it easier to get on and off the stool.
- Wide Range of Height Adjustment: 24.8" - 30.3"
- 360° Rotation: The full rotation available on this seat makes it ideal for those situations where a user may need to swivel between work spaces.
- Cushioning Gas Spring: The gas spring that provides height adjustment also serves as a shock absorber to absorb impact as the user sits down.
- Easy to Clean: The polyurethane seat covering is waterproof and impervious to most cleaning agents, making the stool a convenient solution in environments where regular cleaning or disinfection is necessary.
- Rolling Base: The size of the base, combined with the wide stance in which the feet are positioned, ensures a stable seating position. In addition, the casters enable a "push-pull" movement with the feet that allows users to manoeuver the stool easily around the work area.
- Self-Braking Casters: The HNDSFREE Sit-Stand Stool is equipped with special casters that engage a braking mechanism as weight is lifted from the stool. This feature provides greater safety when the user is getting on and off the stool. The casters roll freely again once the user is seated.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
HNDSFREE Sit-Stand Stool
HNDSFREE Sit-Stand Stool with Back
- Seat Height Range: 24.8" - 30.3" (63 cm - 77 cm)
- Seat Tilt Range: 0° to 15° (infinitely adjustable)
- Weight Rating: 264 lbs (120 kg)
- Base: Chromium-plated Steel with Foot Release
- Casters: Brake on Release (ie. Casters roll freely when the user is seated and lock when lock when the user stands up)
- Weight: 11209 - 27.5 lbs (12.5 kg); 11305 - 22 lbs (11 kg)
- Warranty: 5 Years
- Package Contents: HNDSFREE Sit-Stand Stool, Assembly Instructions
- Mount Up! The easiest way to be seated on a saddle stool is to approach from the left side and swing your leg up and over the saddle. You might also try first tilting the seat pan down and sitting down from the front in the usual way, before raising the seat to its optimal height and readjusting the tilt. If you choose this method, try and remember to lower the seat again before you stand up. Doing so will make it easier to sit down the next time.
- Find Your Optimum Height. Saddle stools are designed to distribute the weight of the body weight evenly over the surface of the seat. Sitting too low will concentrate the weight over too small an area and create uncomfortable pressure points. Sitting too low also tilts the pelvis backward and rounds the back. This effectively defeats the ergonomic benefits of the saddle stool, making it work agaist the user. To find the correct height for a saddle stool, make sure your thighs are angled downward about 45°. This angle tilts the pelvis slightly forward, allowing the spine to curve naturally into a healthy lordosis (or 'S' shape).
- Set the Correct Workstation Height. Saddle stools are intended for use where the work station height can also be adjusted. Attempting to work at a station that is too low will result in the user having to reach or bend down to the work surface. This could result in stress and discomfort in the lower back.
- Work at a Compatible Workstation. Ideally you should work at a surface that accommodates the knees and thighs well beneath the surface. Drawers or cupboards will force you back from the desk surface, resulting in a forward-leaning posture that will reintroduces stress in the muscles of the lower back and counters the benefits a saddle seat is intended to provide.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|11305|| HNDSFREE Sit-Stand Stool with Foot Release. |
PLEASE SEE NEW PART NO: HSS-11305
|11209|| HNDSFREE Sit-Stand Stool with Foot Release and Back. |
PLEASE SEE NEW PART NO: HSS-B-11209