| Additional Resources Accessories |
The Sacro-Ease Ergo Wedge (formerly the Wedge Ease) from McCarty's is designed to improve back alignment. The wedge shape elevates the hips in relation to the knees and in doing so tilts the pelvis forward. The forward tilt of the pelvis assists the spine in returning to its correct alignment. The Ergo Wedge is effective in reducing or eliminating the slope common to vehicle seats by filling in this space and elevating the user. The cushioning effect of the seat also has the potential to reduce impact to the spinal discs when sitting down on a hard seat or travelling on rough roads. The Ergo Wedge tapers from 3" at the back to 1" at the front and features a wedge-shaped poly foam base with a 1" comfort memory foam upper layer. A removable insert in the tailbone area accommodates the needs of users who require this type of pressure relief. The soft fabric cover is removable and fully washable.
Encourages Better Posture
- The wedge design of the Ergo Wedge serves to "rotate" or "tilt" the pelvis forward which aids in restoring the natural "S-Curve" necessary to proper spinal posture. The result of this action is that the head and neck will be better supported by the spine, rather than relying on the muscles of the back to hold them in position. This can be especially beneficial on seats which have too much of a downward slope (common in vehicles) that can force the back into an unnatural forward bend. This forward tilt also transfers weight onto the "sitz" bones, while at the same time reducing pressure points on the buttocks.
- The comfort memory foam upper layer on the Ergo Wedge contours to the shape of the user. This reduces the risk of pressure points which can exist with firmer seats while at the same time more evenly distributing the weight. Removing the coccyx insert will reduce pressure on the tailbone and can provide relief for those who have related sitting issues.
- The poly foam wedge base provides an impact absorbing layer which can reduce the degree of impact which the spine receives each time a person sits down—especially on hard surfaced seating. It can also aid in reducing the impact from constant vibration which transmits through the seat of any vehicle.
Encourages Activation of Core Muscles
- The forward tilt provided by the Ergo Wedge can encourage the user to maintain a degree of tension in their core muscles rather than letting them fully relax and slumping back into the seat.
- Portable: The light weight of the Ergo Wedge (just 1.8 lbs) makes it convenient for use in multiple locations.
- Dual Comfort Construction: The Ergo Wedge features an upper layer of comfort memory foam for reduction of pressure points over a wedge of polyfoam for support. This combination provides the user with the benefits unique to each of these materials.
- Pressure Relieving: The upper layer of comfort memory foam provides a first level of relief from pressure points. For users who may require additional relief for the coccyx area there is an easily removed insert which provides a more targeted relief.
- Non-Skid Bottom: Ergo Wedge seats feature a textured non-skid underside which ensures that the Ergo Wedge remains securely positioned for the user.
- Comfortable Cover: The Ergo Wedge cover has a velour-like finish which is soft to the touch.
- Washable: The Ergo Wedge cover is fully washable and is equipped with a zipper for easy removal.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Dual Foam Construction Provides Comfort and Support
- The Sacro-Ease Ergo Wedge is designed to be used pretty much anywhere. Carry it with you when you are in your vehicle, at work, at home, even when travelling.
- While the Ergo Wedge is designed to provide overall pressure relief, if you have health or pain issues which require relief in the coccyx area remember to remove the insert at the rear of the cushion for a more specific relief.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|WE-BLK|| Black model|
|WE-GREY|| Grey model|